• 12 3 4513
  • Page
  • Text Only
Does it seem strange at all that this site never asks for your name?

dongtea said:   Does it seem strange at all that this site never asks for your name?

Is giving your credit card user/login not enough? =) What else would you like to volunteer?

I've recently bought a subscription to Peoplefinders (a public records search site), and there is very little information on "Chip Correra" in Boston, MA, just name, email address (@idiominc - a website hosting company, looks like) and address (business park, same as Idiominc). Usually "real" people have more information available on them.

***

howie888 said:   dongtea said:   Does it seem strange at all that this site never asks for your name?

Is giving your credit card user/login not enough? =) What else would you like to volunteer?


That's my point. They wanna go right to bed without a kiss. I've signed up for plenty of these sites, and this is the first one that doesn't ask my name, even if they ignore it.

Chatterbot said:   I've recently bought a subscription to Peoplefinders (a public records search site), and there is very little information on "Chip Correra" in Boston, MA, just name, email address (@idiominc - a website hosting company, looks like) and address (business park, same as Idiominc). Usually "real" people have more information available on them.
You really don't try very hard.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/chipcorrera

nanotube said:   mattun said:   
Woohoo, I'm in the 4%. You can all suck it.


I and the rest of the 96% do not envy your position

Time to #occupy mylinkables?

ColbyS said:   Kindle Fire $199
- $10 mylinkables
- $20 MC promo

$169

Nice.

My assumption is that if an order is placed prior to 11/14 this offer will apply, even if the shipment isn't made until after 11/14.

Hmmm... I was 1 for 3 1/2. AMEX failed (I'm the lucky 4%). Citibank Credit Cards isn't working (times out). HSBC doesn't accept the Orchard log in (the 1/2). Only Discover went through for me. I had an Offermatic account.

anybody else having trouble linking their Citi credit card?

guys I made my purchase at Amazon and it has posted to my credit card, but nothing has changed on mylinkables. it's been 2 days. I'll keep everyone posted

You guys are nuts; giving up your CC login just like that.

Finally someone giving linked CashBack for my FIA Fidelity 2% card. Sweetness.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to let you know that consumers have reported issues adding their CitiBank card in MyLinkables. I am looking into the issue, and will provide an update in this thread.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
-Mark


MARK C. JONES
Manager, Customer Support | Linkable Networks

268 Summer St | Suite 501 | Boston, MA 02210
www.linkablenetworks.com

dongtea said:   howie888 said:   dongtea said:   Does it seem strange at all that this site never asks for your name?

Is giving your credit card user/login not enough? =) What else would you like to volunteer?


That's my point. They wanna go right to bed without a kiss. I've signed up for plenty of these sites, and this is the first one that doesn't ask my name, even if they ignore it.


"go right to bed w/o a kiss" or "w/o a name" seems to be common among the promiscuous. =)

Hi again,

Just a quick note regarding the timing of your Redemption:

After you link an offer in MyLinkables, and then make your purchase, it will take several days before the offer is redeemed (depending on transaction processing time by the merchant and the bank, for example). You will receive a Redemption confirmation email from MyLinkables, indicating that there has been a 'match' between your purchase and your linked offer. The offer will move from the "Linked Offers" page to the "Redeemed Offers" page after the purchase transaction has cleared. The "Savings Pending" status means that your savings are in process, but have not yet been delivered to you.

The timing of receiving savings varies based on the terms of the offer itself, payment card transaction time, and system processing time. Payment is typically within a few weeks of purchase. You will then receive another email from MyLinkables once the savings have been delivered, and the status of the offer on the Redeemed Offers page will change from "Savings Pending" to "You saved $[amount]".

Thank you for your interest in MyLinkables! Please let me know if you have more questions.

Kind regards,
-Mark


MARK C. JONES
Manager, Customer Support | Linkable Networks

268 Summer St | Suite 501 | Boston, MA 02210
www.linkablenetworks.com

mattun said:   Hmmm... I was 1 for 3 1/2. AMEX failed (I'm the lucky 4%). Citibank Credit Cards isn't working (times out). HSBC doesn't accept the Orchard log in (the 1/2). Only Discover went through for me. I had an Offermatic account.

You have to search for "Orchard Bank - Credit Card", not HSBC.

markcjones said:   Hi again,

Just a quick note regarding the timing of your Redemption:

After you link an offer in MyLinkables, and then make your purchase, it will take several days before the offer is redeemed (depending on transaction processing time by the merchant and the bank, for example). You will receive a Redemption confirmation email from MyLinkables, indicating that there has been a 'match' between your purchase and your linked offer. The offer will move from the "Linked Offers" page to the "Redeemed Offers" page after the purchase transaction has cleared. The "Savings Pending" status means that your savings are in process, but have not yet been delivered to you.

The timing of receiving savings varies based on the terms of the offer itself, payment card transaction time, and system processing time. Payment is typically within a few weeks of purchase. You will then receive another email from MyLinkables once the savings have been delivered, and the status of the offer on the Redeemed Offers page will change from "Savings Pending" to "You saved $[amount]".

Thank you for your interest in MyLinkables! Please let me know if you have more questions.

Kind regards,
-Mark

Mark - thanks again for your participation here. Greatly appreciated.

got this email


You have redeemed the following Offer:
You have redeemed the following offer at Amazon.com on or about Nov. 11, 2011. Payment is being processed and will be delivered to your account within 30 days.

Date Redeemed: November 11, 2011
Associated card: Amazon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Amount: $10.00
Redeemed at: Amazon.com

I linked my Chase cards (3 of them) but one wouldn't link - it said something about already linked to another linkables site/product? I read this thread and it appears I may have signed up with Offermatic in the past. I couldn't recall doing so but entered my email address on offermatic but it didn't recognize it so I don't think I have an account there. Does anyone know if there are there any other sites under the linkables umbrella like offermatic that I may have possibly linked my card to?
Thanks a lot.

howie888 said:   pitflyer said:   Thanks. Mark also responded to my feedback from their site very quickly -- that the 'limit 2 offers' that you see on Amazon and many other offers means you can use the offer twice - you have to link it twice, which you can choose to do to the same card, or to a different card. Envaulted set the bar for customer support in this area, so I hope you guys keep up the good work and participate on this forum.

I would recommend removing the verbiage about statement credit since we definitely don't get a statement credit -- paying via Paypal is far from statement credit. While I use eBay and Paypal enough that I'm happy being paid that way, others might not feel the same once they get their redemption and their only option is paypal.


Agreed about the statement credit.

As far as 'limit 2', I actually linked to 2 different cards.
Just went back and was able to unlink an offer from a 2nd CC and link an offer for the 2nd time to the same card twice. Nice!

This still leaves some room for interpretation when you are not running into the total dollar limit of the 2 uses, but instead are making more than 2 small transactions below the dollar limit. Does each separate transaction require a separate linking of the offer even if the total dollar amount of the multiple transactions stays within the limit of a single linked offer?

Pondus said:   howie888 said:   pitflyer said:   Thanks. Mark also responded to my feedback from their site very quickly -- that the 'limit 2 offers' that you see on Amazon and many other offers means you can use the offer twice - you have to link it twice, which you can choose to do to the same card, or to a different card. Envaulted set the bar for customer support in this area, so I hope you guys keep up the good work and participate on this forum.

I would recommend removing the verbiage about statement credit since we definitely don't get a statement credit -- paying via Paypal is far from statement credit. While I use eBay and Paypal enough that I'm happy being paid that way, others might not feel the same once they get their redemption and their only option is paypal.


Agreed about the statement credit.

As far as 'limit 2', I actually linked to 2 different cards.
Just went back and was able to unlink an offer from a 2nd CC and link an offer for the 2nd time to the same card twice. Nice!

This still leaves some room for interpretation when you are not running into the total dollar limit of the 2 uses, but instead are making more than 2 small transactions below the dollar limit. Does each separate transaction require a separate linking of the offer even if the total dollar amount of the multiple transactions stays within the limit of a single linked offer?


Good point. Based on my interpretation of the FAQ, it would apply only to an individual transaction due to the phrase "a qualifying purchase". If the sentence had been phrased "A linked offer may be used up to the maximum allowed" then I would say your multiple transactions could gather the max Cash Back.

If they intend to allow multiple transactions to redeem the max Cash Back from one offer, they should re-word the answers to the FAQ.

Mark-- any input? Thanks for your assistance in this thread, it's always great to start-ups who emphasize customer support!

MyLinkables said: Q3. If I link an offer to my card, do I get its value every time I shop? A3. No. A linked offer may only be used once, the first time you make a qualifying purchase after you linked the offer. Some linkables allow you to link them multiple times. However, to use an offer more than once, you must actively link it the number of times desired. When an offer is linked more than once, it is listed more than once on the "Linked Offers" page.

Thanks, howie888. The quote you provided is abundantly clear. I did enjoy the Quizno's sub, especially so when Envaulted failed to guide my nutrition this week, so I'll just go link it again. And then read up on PayPal and which account type may be needed.

Hello bkemp99,

I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue. We recently identified a bug, where some users are receiving a message stating that their card has already been added. We are fixing this issue.

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

I will post an update in this forum, once the issue has been addressed.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES
Manager, Customer Support | Linkable Networks
268 Summer St | Suite 501 | Boston, MA 02210
www.linkablenetworks.com

Hi pitflyer and howie888,

Great feedback. You are correct about the 'statement credit'. The savings will go to your PayPal account, as opposed to showing up on your credit card statement. I will have our FAQ updated accordingly.

Also, an offer link in MyLinkables may be used only once (ie: one purchase, or one individual transaction), as opposed to multiple transactions to redeem the maximum, for example.

Great questions!

Best regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES
Manager, Customer Support | Linkable Networks


268 Summer St | Suite 501 | Boston, MA 02210
www.linkablenetworks.com

Thanks Mark. For places like Amazon where many of us shop regularly (and have Prime and may make small purchases) its a dangerous game:you make two $100+ purchases for the linked offer, but one is slightly delayed in stock, and in between a recurring $3 order goes through in between.

As long as you're clear about it, we'll all play the game, but maybe take a page from one of your competitors in this space (Envaulted) and offer Cash Back up to X amount in Y period rather than based on the first Z transactions.

I am definitely a fan of these credit card tied rebate offers since there are so many opportunities to double or triple dip and no dealing with coupons, etc. I look forward to clearing my first Amazon offer soon.

For Amazon, the more common problem would be a single order being split into multiple charges due to the fact that they are shipped from different warehouses. This just happened to my last $100+ order (w/ 2 items). The credit card has 2 separate charges thus potentially consuming 2 different "linked" offer.

Hi Pitflyer,

In MyLinkables, we have a 'Minimum Spend' value. The minimum spend varies from offer to offer, however, depending on the terms of the offer itself. The offer (redemption) may be for a certain dollar amount, or for a percentage of your purchase.

For example, in MyLinkables, there is an existing offer for sporting goods; the description says, "Take $5 off when you spend $20 or more". Thus, a purchase totaling $15 would not match the offer criteria, and your linked offer will not moved from Linked to Redeemed, for example (but a purchase of $20 would indeed qualify).

In the current Amazon.com offer in MyLinkables, there is no minimum spend, as you noticed. There is a maximum redemption amount, though. The offer details are simply, "Save 10% - up to $10". Thus, you are correct in your statement about your recurring $3 purchase in this case, when looking at the offer details of the current Amazon.com offer itself.

In MyLinkables, you must link the offer before you make a purchase, and the transaction_date or purchase date must be within the date of the offer (IE: before the Expire date).

Thanks for your interest in MyLinkables!

-Mark

MARK C. JONES
Manager, Customer Support | Linkable Networks

268 Summer St | Suite 501 | Boston, MA 02210
www.linkablenetworks.com

Maybe I am not the only person interested in ML that currently does not have a PayPal account, so it may be timely and appropriate to ask here: Does PayPal hard-pull a user's credit? I found some (not very recent) reports that it does happen, and their weasely language in the User Agreement (https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en_US) does allow this even for Personal accounts:2.3 Identity Authentication. You authorize PayPal, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider necessary to validate your identity. This may include asking you for further information, requiring you to provide a taxpayer identification number, requiring you to take steps to confirm ownership of your email address or financial instruments, ordering a credit report, or verifying your Information against third party databases or through other sources.Also, is a Personal (not Premier or Business) PayPal account even sufficient to receive the ML rebates?

Pondus said:   Maybe I am not the only person interested in ML that currently does not have a PayPal account, so it may be timely and appropriate to ask here: Does PayPal hard-pull a user's credit? I found some (not very recent) reports that it does happen, and their weasely language in the User Agreement (https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en_US) does allow this even for Personal accounts:2.3 Identity Authentication. You authorize PayPal, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider necessary to validate your identity. This may include asking you for further information, requiring you to provide a taxpayer identification number, requiring you to take steps to confirm ownership of your email address or financial instruments, ordering a credit report, or verifying your Information against third party databases or through other sources.Also, is a Personal (not Premier or Business) PayPal account even sufficient to receive the ML rebates?
I have never had them pull credit for a personal account.

For a business account, they have asked for driver's license, SSN, utility bill, articles of incorporation etc, etc, but even then I don't think I got a credit pull.

Just to confirm, for an offer with a minimum spend (such as $20) if you spend $15 at the store on your linked card, then $25 later on, and they are both in the offer period, you will still get the offer for the $25? Because the $15 spend will simply be ignored as not eligible, but the offer will remain linked for the next eligible purchase?

markcjones said:   Hi Pitflyer,

In MyLinkables, we have a 'Minimum Spend' value. The minimum spend varies from offer to offer, however, depending on the terms of the offer itself. The offer (redemption) may be for a certain dollar amount, or for a percentage of your purchase.

For example, in MyLinkables, there is an existing offer for sporting goods; the description says, "Take $5 off when you spend $20 or more". Thus, a purchase totaling $15 would not match the offer criteria, and your linked offer will not moved from Linked to Redeemed, for example (but a purchase of $20 would indeed qualify).

In the current Amazon.com offer in MyLinkables, there is no minimum spend, as you noticed. There is a maximum redemption amount, though. The offer details are simply, "Save 10% - up to $10". Thus, you are correct in your statement about your recurring $3 purchase in this case, when looking at the offer details of the current Amazon.com offer itself.

In MyLinkables, you must link the offer before you make a purchase, and the transaction_date or purchase date must be within the date of the offer (IE: before the Expire date).

Thanks for your interest in MyLinkables!

-Mark

MARK C. JONES
Manager, Customer Support | Linkable Networks

268 Summer St | Suite 501 | Boston, MA 02210
www.linkablenetworks.com


Mark, I recently made a small purchase on Amazon and then a bunch of large ones, and I got 10% back on the small $1 purchase instead of my larger $130 one. Is there any way to switch which one the Cash Back counts for?

Compared to Envaulted, I find it quite annoying to have to explicitly go to ML's web site to "link" offers before they can be used.

But the huge plus of ML is that it uses Yodlee, which means I can actually add my everyday primary cards (whereas for Envaulted I can only add secondary cards which nowadays I only use for Envaulted offers).

Overall, it's definitely interesting to see the growing innovation in this space.

MidnightLight said:   Compared to Envaulted, I find it quite annoying to have to explicitly go to ML's web site to "link" offers before they can be used.

But the huge plus of ML is that it uses Yodlee, which means I can actually add my everyday primary cards (whereas for Envaulted I can only add secondary cards which nowadays I only use for Envaulted offers).

Overall, it's definitely interesting to see the growing innovation in this space.

I understand why they did the linking thing. It will be easier for them to demonstrate lift to advertisers versus the envaulted model where I may get rewarded without even being aware that an offer was available for a particular store. The indication of intent is a lot higher when you have to link it.

It would be nice if I could just link it to all my cards and then whichever one I happened to use for an offer would get credited.

markcjones said:   Hi pitflyer and howie888,

Great feedback. You are correct about the 'statement credit'. The savings will go to your PayPal account, as opposed to showing up on your credit card statement. I will have our FAQ updated accordingly.


<snip>

Best regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES
Manager, Customer Support | Linkable Networks


268 Summer St | Suite 501 | Boston, MA 02210
www.linkablenetworks.com

Unless there's a redemption alternative to PayPal, this is a non-starter for me. I've found through bitter experience that if eBay doesn't like you for some reason and shuts you down, it's a given that PayPal will do the same, even if PayPal is used exclusively outside of eBay, and even if PayPal itself has no problems with your activity within PayPal, as was the case with me.

Being an eBay company, PayPal just follows in lockstep with whatever eBay says, justified or not. By using only one redemption option and that with a company that's known for capriciously booting out its users, you are limiting your user base. I'll give my business to CashBack sites that don't use PayPal exclusively for redeeming Cash Back. Unfortunately, yours doesn't seem to fall into that category.

Getting the message that my AMEX cards are linked already - all of them. Not sure how that's possible - any ETA on when this will be fixed?

glxpass said:   
www.linkablenetworks.com

Unless there's a redemption alternative to PayPal, this is a non-starter for me. I've found through bitter experience that if eBay doesn't like you for some reason and shuts you down, it's a given that PayPal will do the same, even if PayPal is used exclusively outside of eBay, and even if PayPal itself has no problems with your activity within PayPal, as was the case with me.


Seconded.

glxpass said:   markcjones said:   Hi pitflyer and howie888,

Great feedback. You are correct about the 'statement credit'. The savings will go to your PayPal account, as opposed to showing up on your credit card statement. I will have our FAQ updated accordingly.


<snip>

Best regards,
-Mark

MARK C. JONES
Manager, Customer Support | Linkable Networks


268 Summer St | Suite 501 | Boston, MA 02210
www.linkablenetworks.com

Unless there's a redemption alternative to PayPal, this is a non-starter for me. I've found through bitter experience that if eBay doesn't like you for some reason and shuts you down, it's a given that PayPal will do the same, even if PayPal is used exclusively outside of eBay, and even if PayPal itself has no problems with your activity within PayPal, as was the case with me.

Being an eBay company, PayPal just follows in lockstep with whatever eBay says, justified or not. By using only one redemption option and that with a company that's known for capriciously booting out its users, you are limiting your user base. I'll give my business to CashBack sites that don't use PayPal exclusively for redeeming Cash Back. Unfortunately, yours doesn't seem to fall into that category.

Agreed re: arbitrary & capricious behavior of Paypal. Though with sites like this, I generally make withdrawals as soon as the money gets deposited, so if they do take action, the impact is low.

BostonOne said:   
Agreed re: arbitrary & capricious behavior of Paypal. Though with sites like this, I generally make withdrawals as soon as the money gets deposited, so if they do take action, the impact is low.

Yes, that's a good policy to withdraw the funds from PayPal as soon as they're available. But even if you don't and PayPal limits your account, in a mere 180 days (sarcasm intended), you can withdraw your funds. The real problem is that once PayPal limits your account, it's unlikely you can continue to use the PayPal-only-redemption Cash Back site. This is neither a great thing for you or for the owners of the Cash Back site.

I know this is obvious, but it had to be said...

BostonOne said:   It's pretty funny. This thread is now ranked #1 when you search for mylinkables, ahead of the website itself.

It's the right thing. If I want to search for info on "mylinkables", I'd rather land on this forum thread than on the official web site.

GOOOOOOOOOOO fatwallet!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014