• 1 234513
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.mylinkables.com

Another card linked offer site with dollars and % off linked directly to your credit cards.

Looks like they have a lot of banks offered (FIA, AMEX, Citi, BofA, CapitalOne, Chase, etc.)

Right now they have deals from Amazon (10% up to $10), Panera ($2 off $5), toys r us/Babies R Us (10% up to $10), Sephora ($5 off $20), Whole Foods ($5 off $20), Dick's (10% up to $10) & Modell's ($5 off $20).

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Just got an email with an offer for a store in NYC. Would be great if that geotargeting prevented me from getting these.... (more)

BostonOne (Aug. 15, 2013 @ 11:37a) |

I got the Trinity Place offer also. Perfect timing!

BingBlangBlaow (Aug. 15, 2013 @ 9:48p) |

same here, only 2 offers available.

tajar96 (Aug. 16, 2013 @ 7:49a) |

Nov. 1 Offers -

- Save 15% at any Wet Seal store Expires: 11/30/2012
- Save $15 when you spend $100 or more at any J. Crew store Expires: 11/30/2012
- Save $10 when you spend $50 or more at Bed Bath & Beyond Expires: 11/30/2012
- Save $2 when you spend $10 or more at SUBWAY Expires: 11/30/2012
- Save $1.50 off your next purchase of a 50 oz. bottle of Tide Detergent Expires: 12/31/2012 Lunds & Byerlys - some random supermarket in the midwest

Nov. 8 2012 Offers -

- Save 15% at any Wet Seal store Expires: 11/30/2012
- Save $1.50 off any 28 oz. jar of Jif Peanut Butter Expires: 11/29/2012 (Lunds & Byerlys ONLY - supermarket in the midwest)
- Save $1.50 off your next purchase of a 50 oz. bottle of Tide Detergent Expires: 12/31/2012 (Lunds & Byerlys ONLY - supermarket in the midwest)
- Save $3 off one gallon bottle of Tropicana Orange Juice Expires: 11/14/2012 (Lunds & Byerlys ONLY - supermarket in the midwest)
- Save $2 when you spend $10 or more at SUBWAY Expires: 11/30/2012
- Save $15 when you spend $75 or more at Barnes & Noble Expires: 11/30/2012
- Save $10 when you spend $50 or more at Bed Bath & Beyond Expires: 11/30/2012
- Save $5 when you spend $15 or more at Olive Garden Italian Restaurant Expires: 11/30/2012
- Save $2 off any 11-12 oz. Eight O'Clock Coffee bag Expires: 11/21/2012 (Lunds & Byerlys ONLY - supermarket in the midwest)
- Save $3 off Northern Bath Tissue Expires: 11/14/2012 (Lunds & Byerlys ONLY - supermarket in the midwest)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

OK, I took the bait. Looks suspiciously like offermatic of yesteryear...

So this is like offermatic? It requires activating savings unlike envaulted?

I assume up to $10 CashBack with 10% rate right? Not, 10% CashBack from $10 purchase?

They are asking for the login information to my Chase account. I don't think so.

took the bait....link my card in thks op!

tambun said:   I assume up to $10 CashBack with 10% rate right? Not, 10% CashBack from $10 purchase?
Correct. You can earn up to $10. So, max purchase of $100.

tarcapone said:   They are asking for the login information to my Chase account. I don't think so.

Its like envaulted, except you need to link it.

mybuds said:   So this is like offermatic? It requires activating savings unlike envaulted?
More like offermatic. Well, at least what offermatic was before they stopped sending me offers and became an ebates wannabe.

All you have to do is load the offer to your card and make the purchase from the designated merchant.

I like $2 off $5 at Panera!

But, is this safe? I have read their site, and read about other offers like envaulted here on FW. Is there anything I should be concerned about with a company like this? I mean I gave my logins for EVERYTHING to Mint.com, is this much different from a security standpoint?

Here's the domain info for the curious:

Registrant:
Linkable Networks, Inc

268 Summer Street
Suite 501
Boston, Massachusetts 02210
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: MYLINKABLES.COM
Created on: 21-Aug-11
Expires on: 21-Aug-12
Last Updated on: 31-Aug-11

Administrative Contact:
Correra, Chip systems@linkablenetworks.com
Linkable Networks, Inc
268 Summer Street
Suite 501
United States
+1.6179865200

Technical Contact:
Correra, Chip systems@linkablenetworks.com
Linkable Networks, Inc
268 Summer Street
Suite 501
United States
+1.6179865200

Edit: Noticed that they just registered their domain name in August 2011, and only for 1 year.

I do prefer Envaulted since I don't have to "sign up" for anything, but these offers aren't bad.

n3rdcore said:   
But, is this safe? I have read their site, and read about other offers like envaulted here on FW. Is there anything I should be concerned about with a company like this? I mean I gave my logins for EVERYTHING to Mint.com, is this much different from a security standpoint?

Their twitter page looks legit. They received 1.5M in starting capital from somewhere - clovrmedia.com. Of course you should always be concerned. If there an issue it will be exposed quickly and it's easy enough to change cards. Worth the risk IMO.

Thanks OP. Looks promising.

I signed up but I'm having issued linking my AMEX. Linked Citi Forward however. Submitted a ticket hopefully it's just isolated to me. It states the card has always been registered...

Looks like Yodlee is trying to make a killing selling their site backbone to everyone and their grandma. Mint,offermatic,saveup,mylinkables,boa,...maybe envaulted?

i just signed up too

OP how did you find the site?

Can you sign up for this and Envaulted and get the cashbak for both?

thetobster said:   i just signed up too

It was kind of random. I saw Linkable Networks mentioned in an article (press release republish) on Marketwatch. I went to the Linkable Networks site and saw the mylinkables link and checked it out also. It took me a few minutes and a google search to figure out that this company was formerly Clovr Media.

It's pretty funny. This thread is now ranked #1 when you search for mylinkables, ahead of the website itself.

BostonOne said:   thetobster said:   i just signed up too

It was kind of random. I saw Linkable Networks mentioned in an article (press release republish) on Marketwatch. I went to the Linkable Networks site and saw the mylinkables link and checked it out also. It took me a few minutes and a google search to figure out that this company was formerly Clovr Media.

Looking on their twitter page I saw FreeMonee and LevelUp. FreeMonee is still in the devlopment and LevelUp is limited to NYC, Boston, Philly, and SF.

I feel like there is about to be an explosion of these websites which will cumulatively pay for me to eat at Red Robin and shop at Whole Foods.

bkemp99 said:   Can you sign up for this and Envaulted and get the cashbak for both?

Unless they stipulate that, there should be no reason why you wouldn't be able to.
If they are aware of each other, they probably won't put the discounts to the same retailers during the same time.

If they do, that's great news for us consumers.

scottybweyy said:   n3rdcore said:   

Their twitter page looks legit. They received 1.5M in starting capital from somewhere - clovrmedia.com. Of course you should always be concerned. If there an issue it will be exposed quickly and it's easy enough to change cards. Worth the risk IMO.

What happens to the data when they run out of money.

As a rule, I dont use any type of credit card autodraft. People are so free with their information. Not that I worry about it too much, as I have 2-3 credit monitoring services based on the reputable co's not securing my information.

Ok... never used the site before... add my credit cards... already added on another account? Grr...

The whois information on this site doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Fatwallet effect. We took the site down

It looks like they changes company names in the middle of October from clovrmedia to linkablenetworks.

Is there a badge for triggering the FW effect?

Their website says they have money from Bain Capital, seems legit to me.

Looks legit, and their interface for adding cards is more polished than Envaulted.

Man, having primary cards and only linking to one card is a real pain. Cool for sure but definitely doesnt seem as fun or usable as envaulted yet.

i added all my cards and made a purchase at Amazon so i will keep everyone updated on how/if it works

Not subscribing to mylink but definitely subscribing to this topic. Green for testers...looking for updates.

Looks like Yodlee backend, but much nicer front end.

I just don't know enough about them yet to decide if I want to trust them with my logins.

I don't like that their FAQ (https://www.mylinkables.com/faq) says,

mylinkables.com said: Q1. Why does mylinkables need my online banking credentials?

A1. Mylinkables needs to be able to view transactions on your card when you redeem offers, in order to deliver your savings. Rather than requiring you to present physical coupons or receipts, mylinkables confirms purchases by viewing the transactions. To access your transactions in a secure, read-only way, we ask you to enter your online banking credentials once. We do not store your online banking credentials. We use them once when you enter them to establish a secure connection to your transactions for read-only access. For some banks, we are able to create this connection without asking you to enter these credentials.

This is clearly not true, as they need to continue to retrieve transactions from the accounts on ongoing basis, and how would they do that without the credentials?

They further explain this below:
mylinkables.com said:
Q2. If someone does manage to steal my mylinkables login information, can they access my bank accounts?

A2. No, mylinkables does not store your bank account credentials. The identifier that was created when you added your card is encrypted, never displayed within mylinkables, and connects to your account exclusively with read-only access to view your completed transactions. In addition, details about your banking transactions are not stored in mylinkables.

This is just misleading. The credentials may be stored encrypted, but they must be able to decrypt them too, so it's not a one way encryption. When they talk about read-only access, they mean that that's how their application functions. However, if someone decrypts the credentials, he can gain regular account access, not read-only. Very few banks provide a second password for true "read only" access. The only one I know of is ShareBuilder (not even a bank).

mindbowels said:   Man, having primary cards and only linking to one card is a real pain. Cool for sure but definitely doesnt seem as fun or usable as envaulted yet.

Since I am waitlisted for Evaulted, it doesn't matter how great it is. I might try this one though.

I signed up for Offermatic when it first hit the scene and they were offering some really good CashBack deals ($10 off $20 Amazon). I got about $30 CashBack from them. I never had a problem with security. I stopped paying attention to Offermatic when they went to their points system, which I never understood how it worked. I just looked and there still doesn't seem to be a way to redeem your points for anything.

So with that experience I'm a little hesitant to sign up for another, similar site. Just seems like a waste of time.

EugeneV said:   This is just misleading. The credentials may be stored encrypted, but they must be able to decrypt them too, so it's not a one way encryption. When they talk about read-only access, they mean that that's how their application functions. However, if someone decrypts the credentials, he can gain regular account access, not read-only. Very few banks provide a second password for true "read only" access. The only one I know of is ShareBuilder (not even a bank).
Not necessarily. They may authenticate with the bank using your credentials and get a unique authorization token from the bank.
Then, they can throw away your credentials and access your info using the token.

I have worked with lots of systems that work like this.

Perhaps not as legit as I thought, but this is impossible to know if it is related or not. I signed up last night with my Chase Freedom card, and just now I got a call about fraud activity on my account. There was a $0.88 charge with some online tire company, a $10 charge to another company, and a $2005 charge to continental airlines. Who knows if it is related (don't even know if they could charge anything with just my login credentials), but I would advise signing up only one card, and watching to see if anything odd happens.

BostonOne said:   
Not necessarily. They may authenticate with the bank using your credentials and get a unique authorization token from the bank.
Then, they can throw away your credentials and access your info using the token.

I have worked with lots of systems that work like this.

I know this is possible in theory. Name one bank that allows this.

That's not the way Yodlee works, anyway.

Joined but reluctant to enter my Chase user ID and password.

Same here, created an account but I'm not going to enter anything for a few days.

Skipping 458 Messages...
same here, only 2 offers available.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.