BOA mortgage transferred to M&T bank

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
So, BOA sold/transferred/assigned my servicing rights to M&T Bank.

A quick Google search made it seem like BOA is doing this to underwater Florida mortgages, which describes my mortgage perfectly.

Is there anything I need to know in this situation? Is this that big of a deal?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can you handle sending the mortgage check to a different address? That's the only effect on you...

I received the same letter from BOA, but our property is not "underwater" or upside down, and we live out West. I'm still investigating to see if this mortgage service transfer is all legit and not some phishing scam.

My BOA mortgage no longer shows up on my BOA online banking, so i'm thinking it's legit.

I haven't received anything from M&T, no payment booklet, no new account number, nothing. I do have the address for mailing payments though.

We received the letter from Bank of America earlier this week. The mortgage account is no longer on our online banking with BoA. We sent our November payment to the address for M&T on our BoA letter.

Today we got home to find our new paperwork from M&T sitting our mailbox. Only problem I see is that there is no online billpay through M&T, so we'll have to initiate through our bank.

Now the convenience of paying our mortgage with a simple transfer on the due date, we don't have any reason to stay with BoA. Time to start shopping for CU's.

My mortgage was transferred to M&T as well. No longer see it in BofA online banking and have not received any documentation from M&T bank yet. Looks like they have online mortgage account access, but not sure what services it provides. Need the new acct # to get anywhere with it anyway. https://carenet.fnfismd.com/mtbank/ACCLogin.jsp?select_online_se...

And can anyone else get their phone number to work? 1-800-724-2224

For some reason when I call from my land line, I get a busy signal. It works from my cell.
Still don't have an account number.

I got my paperwork from M&T today. I was able to get registered on their mortgage website, but you can't make payments through it. I guess I'll have to use bill pay through my CU.

One drawback for the mortgagee: BOA offers complimentary (waived monthly fee) Advantage checking packages to clients with any balance on a BOA mortgage. If you continue to use a BOA checking account, you better contact the bank about what deposit balances are required to avoid getting hit with a fairly steep $25 monthly service charge for Advantage.

robotprom said:   I got my paperwork from M&T today. I was able to get registered on their mortgage website, but you can't make payments through it. I guess I'll have to use bill pay through my CU.

Set up with M&T "My Mortgage Info". There is an option to pay which can be from another bank. They post the payments the same day you make it (although you won't see it until the next day on the site). Never had an issue with a payment through the site.

You can get to "My Mortgage Info" from the mtb.com site from the "Online Services" list.

The phone number on my letter from M&T is: #800-724-2440, maybe you were just off a digit or so. I haven't called this bank yet but will have to for the obvious reasons & especially set up online bill pay of my mortgage. I was suspect of BoA as many folks here seem to be - they just paid out millions for a class action suit (I believe that's the correct verbiage)for charging exhorbitant 'late' (etc) fees, plus they fell on their face trying to charge their customers for using their debit cards, which is what a bank generally encourages its customers to do. I'm feeling positive about M&T's acquisition of my mtge, hope I'm not being naive.

I got a bill from M&T today.
No return envelope is provided. -.-;

lucky ducks, i wish BOA would sell my mortgage

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014