• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Go to http://www.statefarm.com/tax/

Login to your state farm account you would see link to free Turbo Tax online software.

Offer details

State Farm BankŪ Online Customers
Offer: Free TurboTax Basic or Deluxe Online
Requirement: One State Farm Bank Online Account
Offer limited to first 25,000 that Register to use TurboTax Online
(Above was copied from tejalajmera from 2010 thread, didn't see this 25,000 limit this year yet)

How to fulfill "registration" provision. This is the key.

1. Log into your TurboTax account after you have gone through the State Farm link that tejalajmera posted. (If you used the TurboTax software last year, it will ask you if you want to import last years info...yes)

2. Go to the "Print & File" tab which is the last tab at the top of the 2010 return that is started.

3. Click on "print/save for your records" & enter your information. (name, address, phone #, email, etc.)
You should see the following:
Enter Your Registration Information
You don't have to pay to use TurboTax Online - Deluxe, but you must provide registration information before you can print your return.

4. Hit "submit/continue" at bottom right
You should see:
TurboTax Registration Complete.
Select Continue to File My Return and we'll walk you through the final steps.

5. You are now Registered and can now log out to complete your taxes another day or at the final hour.

***Please note that simply logging into your TurboTax account via the State Farm link does NOT register you...

I hope this helps!
(Above was copied from pladaroller from 2010 thread)

I just went through the whole process and I am registered for Tax year 2011. Free Turbo Tax Federal/State and efile!

ETA:
To make sure you are fully registered for both free federal and free state, go to the "home" tab and choose "view your order summary". You should see something like this (I had to register twice to get both):

Product Registered Product Price Order Number

TurboTax State: $0.00 your order number
TurboTax Online - Deluxe $0.00 your order number

Total Paid: $0.00

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I've been looking at Intuit's site for an hour and I see lower prices than the SF Insurance link and even other prices t... (more)

bru20 (Feb. 17, 2012 @ 2:19p) |

I think if you are purely an insurance customer, you dont get this. I dont know this for a fact but vaguely remember rea... (more)

fw101 (Feb. 17, 2012 @ 2:22p) |

Thanks for confirming! For some reason, I didn't see the free filing offer previously, but after I logged in today with... (more)

MidnightLight (Feb. 19, 2012 @ 12:31a) |

https://online2.statefarm.com/dashboard/turbotax.xhtml

Online Products:
Basic and Deluxe - FREE (Prepare and efile one federal tax return)
Premier - $20
Home and Business $30.00

If you prefer the download versions, after you login, there is a button towards the bottom for "Buy Download":

Download Versions:
Basic--FREE (Prepare unlimited federal tax returns; efile up to 5 free)
Deluxe--$20 (Prepare unlimited federal tax returns; efile up to 5 free)
Premier--$30 (Prepare unlimited federal tax returns; efile up to 5 free)
Home & Business--$40 (Prepare unlimited federal tax returns; efile up to 5 free)
  • Also categorized in:

I think I followed the instructions correctly, and the intuit page shows only Federal will be free (State will cost extra).
Regardless, TY, OP!

FW10001 said:   I think I followed the instructions correctly, and the intuit page shows only Federal will be free (State will cost extra).
Regardless, TY, OP!

Me too. This may be a change. Sighhhhhhh this was one of the awesome deals from SF.

Edit, click the "state additional" link and it says state is free!

I don't have a state farm account. Can I still get this deal?

bobopig1 said:   I don't have a state farm account. Can I still get this deal?
No

bobopig1 said:   I don't have a state farm account. Can I still get this deal?

Free checking: http://www.statefarm.com/bank/checking/standard-checking.asp

Going to have to sign up for another bank account...the insurance side only saves 25%.

Free checking account can be opened with $100 and has no minimum balance requirement, and has deposit via smartphone / scanner

Thanks OP! Got free Deluxe for Federal. State is free anyways in IL through their own website.

Thanks OP, have been watching for this annual deal to go live again this year. All set now, thanks!

You can also get the downloaded version of Basic for free through this or download the other versions at discounted prices if you prefer not to use the online versions. I love State Farm for this annual deal.

Thoreau said:   You can also get the downloaded version of Basic for free through this or download the other versions at discounted prices if you prefer not to use the online versions. I love State Farm for this annual deal.
Me too. Signed up for a SF credit card last year in order to get the discounted TT download. The card just sits in a drawer Already downloaded the Deluxe version for $20.

Be careful, State Farm will cancel your credit card if you don't use it for a couple of years. And they won't even notify you. You'll find out when you try to sign in for the Turbo Tax deal and see it isn't available to you.

Neidman said:   Be careful, State Farm will cancel your credit card if you don't use it for a couple of years. And they won't even notify you. You'll find out when you try to sign in for the Turbo Tax deal and see it isn't available to you.
Well that's not good! Wondering if using it just once a year is enough to keep it active?

Thanks! Last year I started but didn't finish soon enough and it charged me. I ended up calling TT and telling them it was supposed to free and they issued me a refund. This will be a lot easier.

To make sure you are fully registered for both free federal and free state, go to the "home" tab and choose "view your order summary". You should see something like this (I had to register twice to get both):

TurboTax State: California $0.00 your order number

Thanks OP. Registered for both State and Federal. Had to call to reset my pwd -- I should atleast do one transaction a year

Stupid Ohio, the forms aren't available until 12/31 so I can't register for state. Registered for federal, worst case that will save me $20. Thanks OP.

Neidman said:   Be careful, State Farm will cancel your credit card if you don't use it for a couple of years. And they won't even notify you. You'll find out when you try to sign in for the Turbo Tax deal and see it isn't available to you.
That happened to me a couple of years ago and I just reapplied and got the card again. This year they sent me a letter explaining they would cancel the card if I didn't use the card in the next 30 days, so I made one purchase to keep it active and haven't been bothered again.

Will probably need to repeat again next year but if I keep getting free TurboTax every year it's well worth it, I've been getting this free from State Farm for years and it saves tons of time.

Confirmed both State and Federal free, thanks OP! FYI If you open up the checking account to get this, you must call first to have your security questions set before you can register online at SF.

Just signed up for the free checking account and awaiting verification deposits to my funding acct. Green for free TurboTax!

Not getting free State. I am getting "State Additional" and it is $27.70 for state if I buy Deluxe.

Could somone check the discount on the Turbo Tax Business product?

On the non-banking side it is 25%

dead for free deluxe, i believe.

todd2006 said:   dead for free deluxe, i believe.

Can someone confirm this, please.
If true I will not acknowledge their <$1 deposits and not pursue opening the account.

MInimalZen said:   todd2006 said:   dead for free deluxe, i believe.

Can someone confirm this, please.
If true I will not acknowledge their <$1 deposits and not pursue opening the account.

You can leave the account open and jump in on this early next year. Statefarm has been doing this for a few years and chances are, will continue in the future.

Do these folks pull a hard credit inquiry to open a bank account? A quick google search offers vague and conflicting accounts, and I wouldn't trust frontline CSRs for accurate info on this. TIA.

hmm - odd not seeing free deluxe either, but doubt they hit the max number of registrations.

does anybody remember how many state returns you can file (either efile or paper) via the online vs download versions?

I was just able to register the free deluxe edition.

If you have separate State Farm accounts for Banking vs Insurance services, be sure you are logging into the account tied to Banking. When I logged into my Insurance account I was unable to get the free deluxe edition, but it worked using my Banking account.

I have a banking account and it still doesn't show up, only the discount. odd.

I still see the Deluxe online Free Federal offer (have just a savings account).

ah, my account stopped being linked to my profile for some reason, just had to relink it. all fixed now!

cameron2003 said:   To make sure you are fully registered for both free federal and free state, go to the "home" tab and choose "view your order summary". You should see something like this (I had to register twice to get both):

TurboTax State: California $0.00 your order number

Just want to add to this, after I logged in the second time (after successfully completing the Federal order) I was having trouble registering the State and getting it to show up in my order. I then realized I had to first click the State tab and let it transfer my info from Federal to State. ONLY THEN can you go back in to the Print & Save for your records and see the State registration screen properly, otherwise you see the Save for your records screen. So... there should be an extra step the SECOND time through:

Step 2.5: Click the State tab and let it transfer your information from Federal to State. Click the Continue button.

BTW Thanks to OP and cameron and tejalajmera. I can confirm this is both State and Federal Basic for free. Also I just opened the checking account on Tuesday, verified initial test deposits today, called in to establish security questions, and then followed OPs instructions.

The checking account also links up to Mint without problem.

Also just thought that you can probably do the State transfer during the initial session, but I did not and it only gave me federal until I went through the process again.

coolchicagoguy said:   Thanks OP! Got free Deluxe for Federal. State is free anyways in IL through their own website.
TT is free for Illinois? Where exactly? I've only seen the WebFile option on Illinois Department of Revenue site which is essentially filling in the paper form online.

As for State Farm I only have insurance so only a 25% discount on TT unless anyone can tell me otherwise.

We've done this for several years.
Opened a savings account with $100 and we do our taxes free every year. Love Turbo*Tax! It pulls everything from the previous year and e-files for free.

Quantity Item Price
1 TurboTax ONLINE STATE NC PREP $0.00
1 TurboTax ONLINE DELUXE E-FILE $0.00
1 TurboTax ONLINE STATE NC E-FILE $0.00
1 TurboTax ONLINE DELUXE PREP $0.00

Subtotal:
Sales Tax:
Total for this Order: $0.00
$0.00
$0.00

Going through a second time showed the state.

It may pay to download also. The online appears not to let you go form by form (probably because they let customers without paying and they don't want you to be able to look at the forms and print them without ever paying). This is valuable if you know what you are doing and is quicker than going through long questionnaires. also you can play what if games where you overrule something and see what changes. This is useful if trying to see if it is even worthwhile entering in all of the data for a certain deduction or itemized deductions. You may quickly determine that your taxes do not change over realistic values of the numbers for you.

Also, this can be used for tax planning for next year

I did not see how to download after registering the online version.By going back to State Farm I was able to find at the bottom of the descriptions how to download.

Several years ago I missed the deadline for filing, and found out that all of the data entered had vanished. This was a major problem.

Downloading at least the Basic version gives some protection against this (even if you cannot access all of your work, you have much of it), the ability to work on taxes when the internet is down, and the ability to see at least some forms for experimentation.

I suspect that with the online version of Delux you probably could get enough information (a few extra features on more complex provisions)to fill in the forms on the Basic, but I have not tried this.

MsMay said:   
Quantity Item Price

My order only showed the two line items for Fed/State preparation. How did you get the eFile line items in your cart for $0???

Thanks for the reminder thread. I have successfully "registered" and ordered both federal and state!

n3rdcore said:   MsMay said:   
Quantity Item Price

My order only showed the two line items for Fed/State preparation. How did you get the eFile line items in your cart for $0???

if u go all the way thru to 'review' and click u want to efile(but don't file yet), it should add it to your order.

if u then look at the order summary, it should include the line 'efile included'

you need to agree to efile every form, for mine, i did 2 states and 1 federal and it shows 'efile included' for each. if you stop after federal, it will only say 'efile included' for federal.

to see your order summary, go to home, then click the link for order summary.

UncleJr said:   
if u go all the way thru to 'review' and click u want to efile(but don't file yet), it should add it to your order.

if u then look at the order summary, it should include the line 'efile included'

Thanks! Worked perfectly. My order now shows

FEDERAL e-file Included
STATE e-file Included

and on the summary page before you submit it shows $0 balance owed.

Skipping 9 Messages...
uutxs said:   MidnightLight said:   Can anyone confirm whether this offer is still alive?

I have a State Farm Bank checking account, and tried the steps in the OP. But when I get redirected to the TurboTax, I only see a "Save 25% on TurboTax Online Federal and State products" offer, with Deluxe federal tax filing for $22.45. Only Basic has free federal and state filing. Is this what others are seeing now?

I have a Savings account and still see the "Simple, Fast and Free!" offer. When I click, I am taken to a page with different TT versions. Deluxe is still "FREE Federal, State additional, Free efile included".

Thanks for confirming! For some reason, I didn't see the free filing offer previously, but after I logged in today with a fresh browser session, I did see it. Logged into TurboTax and registered successfully for free deluxe e-filing. Thanks!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014