Go to http://www.statefarm.com/tax/
Login to your state farm account you would see link to free Turbo Tax online software.
State Farm BankŪ Online Customers
Offer: Free TurboTax Basic or Deluxe Online
Requirement: One State Farm Bank Online Account
Offer limited to first 25,000 that Register to use TurboTax Online
(Above was copied from tejalajmera from 2010 thread, didn't see this 25,000 limit this year yet)
How to fulfill "registration" provision. This is the key.
1. Log into your TurboTax account after you have gone through the State Farm link that tejalajmera posted. (If you used the TurboTax software last year, it will ask you if you want to import last years info...yes)
2. Go to the "Print & File" tab which is the last tab at the top of the 2010 return that is started.
3. Click on "print/save for your records" & enter your information. (name, address, phone #, email, etc.)
You should see the following:
Enter Your Registration Information
You don't have to pay to use TurboTax Online - Deluxe, but you must provide registration information before you can print your return.
4. Hit "submit/continue" at bottom right
You should see:
TurboTax Registration Complete.
Select Continue to File My Return and we'll walk you through the final steps.
5. You are now Registered and can now log out to complete your taxes another day or at the final hour.
***Please note that simply logging into your TurboTax account via the State Farm link does NOT register you...
I hope this helps!
(Above was copied from pladaroller from 2010 thread)
I just went through the whole process and I am registered for Tax year 2011. Free Turbo Tax Federal/State and efile!
To make sure you are fully registered for both free federal and free state, go to the "home" tab and choose "view your order summary". You should see something like this (I had to register twice to get both):
Product Registered Product Price Order Number
TurboTax State: $0.00 your order number
TurboTax Online - Deluxe $0.00 your order number
Total Paid: $0.00