QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

State Farm Free Turbo tax delux and basic 2011 (Includes efile)

First page
1 of 5
rick6668
12/15/11 1:59 PM
Go to http://www.statefarm.com/tax/

Login to your state farm account you would see link to free Turbo Tax online software.

Offer details

State Farm Bank« Online Customers
Offer: Free TurboTax Basic or Deluxe Online
Requirement: One State Farm Bank Online Account
Offer limited to first 25,000 that Register to use TurboTax Online
(Above was copied from tejalajmera from 2010 thread, didn't see this 25,000 limit this year yet)

How to fulfill "registration" provision. This is the key.

1. Log into your TurboTax account after you have gone through the State Farm link that tejalajmera posted. (If you used the TurboTax software last year, it will ask you if you want to import last years info...yes)

2. Go to the "Print & File" tab which is the last tab at the top of the 2010 return that is started.

3. Click on "print/save for your records" & enter your information. (name, address, phone #, email, etc.)
You should see the following:
Enter Your Registration Information
You don't have to pay to use TurboTax Online - Deluxe, but you must provide registration information before you can print your return.

4. Hit "submit/continue" at bottom right
You should see:
TurboTax Registration Complete.
Select Continue to File My Return and we'll walk you through the final steps.

5. You are now Registered and can now log out to complete your taxes another day or at the final hour.

***Please note that simply logging into your TurboTax account via the State Farm link does NOT register you...

I hope this helps!
(Above was copied from pladaroller from 2010 thread)

I just went through the whole process and I am registered for Tax year 2011. Free Turbo Tax Federal/State and efile!

ETA:
To make sure you are fully registered for both free federal and free state, go to the "home" tab and choose "view your order summary". You should see something like this (I had to register twice to get both):

Product Registered Product Price Order Number

TurboTax State: $0.00 your order number
TurboTax Online - Deluxe $0.00 your order number

Total Paid: $0.00
WikiPost
12/15/11 2:00 PM
https://online2.statefarm.com/dashboard/turbotax.xhtml

Online Products:
Basic and Deluxe - FREE (Prepare and efile one federal tax return)
Premier - $20
Home and Business $30.00

If you prefer the download versions, after you login, there is a button towards the bottom for "Buy Download":

Download Versions:
Basic--FREE (Prepare unlimited federal tax returns; efile up to 5 free)
Deluxe--$20 (Prepare unlimited federal tax returns; efile up to 5 free)
Premier--$30 (Prepare unlimited federal tax returns; efile up to 5 free)
Home & Business--$40 (Prepare unlimited federal tax returns; efile up to 5 free)
FW10001
12/15/11 7:24 PM
I think I followed the instructions correctly, and the intuit page shows only Federal will be free (State will cost extra).
Regardless, TY, OP!
dmlavigne1
12/15/11 8:53 PM
FW10001 said:   

I think I followed the instructions correctly, and the intuit page shows only Federal will be free (State will cost extra).
Regardless, TY, OP!

Me too. This may be a change. Sighhhhhhh this was one of the awesome deals from SF.

Edit, click the "state additional" link and it says state is free!
bobopig1
12/15/11 11:53 PM
I don't have a state farm account. Can I still get this deal?
fw101
12/16/11 12:14 AM
bobopig1 said:   

No
jetsfan92588
12/16/11 12:26 AM
bobopig1 said:   

Free checking: http://www.statefarm.com/bank/checking/standard-checking.asp
elektronic
12/16/11 8:20 AM
Going to have to sign up for another bank account...the insurance side only saves 25%.

Free checking account can be opened with $100 and has no minimum balance requirement, and has deposit via smartphone / scanner
coolchicagoguy
12/16/11 11:15 AM
Thanks OP! Got free Deluxe for Federal. State is free anyways in IL through their own website.
java007
12/16/11 11:44 AM
Thanks OP, have been watching for this annual deal to go live again this year. All set now, thanks!
First page
1 of 5
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.