• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Got Deluxe and three states for zero and apparently free e-filing for all. ALSO got Business download for $50. This is going to save me a small fortune over last year all for sticking $100 in a savings account.

Thanks, OP!

I signed up for the regular checking account - does it matter whether I do that or the interest checking account?

Good old State Farm. Got in last year and was able to get in this year.

Thanks!! I have State Farm for insurance but went ahead and set up a checking account to get federal and state for free. Worked like a charm!! The discount with insurance accounts only was good but free is better!!

Can anyone confirm whether this offer is still alive?

I have a State Farm Bank checking account, and tried the steps in the OP. But when I get redirected to the TurboTax, I only see a "Save 25% on TurboTax Online Federal and State products" offer, with Deluxe federal tax filing for $22.45. Only Basic has free federal and state filing. Is this what others are seeing now?

MidnightLight said:   Can anyone confirm whether this offer is still alive?

I have a State Farm Bank checking account, and tried the steps in the OP. But when I get redirected to the TurboTax, I only see a "Save 25% on TurboTax Online Federal and State products" offer, with Deluxe federal tax filing for $22.45. Only Basic has free federal and state filing. Is this what others are seeing now?

I have a Savings account and still see the "Simple, Fast and Free!" offer. When I click, I am taken to a page with different TT versions. Deluxe is still "FREE Federal, State additional, Free efile included".

coopgirl703 said:   Thanks!! I have State Farm for insurance but went ahead and set up a checking account to get federal and state for free. Worked like a charm!! The discount with insurance accounts only was good but free is better!!
I've been looking at Intuit's site for an hour and I see lower prices than the SF Insurance link and even other prices than have been posted. Am I on some magical site?

bru20 said:   coopgirl703 said:   Thanks!! I have State Farm for insurance but went ahead and set up a checking account to get federal and state for free. Worked like a charm!! The discount with insurance accounts only was good but free is better!!
I can't even find the discount for SF Insurance customers . Link?

I think if you are purely an insurance customer, you dont get this. I dont know this for a fact but vaguely remember reading on this thread.

uutxs said:   MidnightLight said:   Can anyone confirm whether this offer is still alive?

I have a Savings account and still see the "Simple, Fast and Free!" offer. When I click, I am taken to a page with different TT versions. Deluxe is still "FREE Federal, State additional, Free efile included".

Thanks for confirming! For some reason, I didn't see the free filing offer previously, but after I logged in today with a fresh browser session, I did see it. Logged into TurboTax and registered successfully for free deluxe e-filing. Thanks!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014