• 113141516 17
  • Page
  • Text Only
walletfart said:   Hmm - has anyone been tracking their point rewards? I noticed I'm getting short-changed, sometimes significantly, by my gas purchases. It takes too long to go through them all, but a couple of statement show much less points than I should have.

I haven't found any problems, but have you found any patterns with your short-changing? Perhaps a specific station or two is not coding pay at the pump as pay at the pump? (MCC #5542)

Are you paying at the pump? Or in the store? That makes a difference.

walletfart said:   Hmm - has anyone been tracking their point rewards? I noticed I'm getting short-changed, sometimes significantly, by my gas purchases. It takes too long to go through them all, but a couple of statement show much less points than I should have.
If you go to the rewards website, you can see what points were paid for each purchase. I had a gas station change credit card processors the first of November and new processor coded it wrong at the pump so points went to 1% instead of 5%. I called their business office and told them. They called me back about 3 weeks later to tell me they got it corrected. I have not bought there since so I have not verified they in fact got it changed.FYI, two Wal-Mart superstores code everything 3%, but one smaller WalMart does not, in my area.

I still have the old one for gas only, I prefer the Cash Back off the bill rather than points. It takes too long for me to accumulate enough points for the $50 Cash Back card. I still don't have enough points for my 1st "earned" card. If it wasn't for the $250 bonus I received, I never would have applied for this grocery only card.

daw4888 said:   Are you paying at the pump? Or in the store? That makes a difference.

Thanks.

I had not realized there was a difference. When I went back and looked, it appears I frequently did not get 5%. The problem seems related to my efforts to use a Giant gasoline discount (you get money off Shell gasoline from points earned via grocery purchases at Giant markets). Fairly frequently I had hit problems and gone inside to pay. It appears I should make a real effort to make the system work at the pump, rather than when it says to "see attendant," going inside.

Perhaps I should use another card hen there are problems at the pump.

To be safe, I just removed the PenFed card from my wallet (till the Freedom quarterly promotion is gone)

FYI, I called to convert my Platinum Rewards card to the Cash Rewards card. The CSR said "so you want to go BACK to the cash rewards?", leading me to believe their computers show the previous conversion. I said yes, but she did not ask why.

The CSR put me on hold for a while but said that they can do it but they have to create a new account number. Advised me that I will receive a new card in 7-10 days and told me not to use my existing card, as they can't do the conversion when their is a balance.

I am assuming there is not going to be a pull, so back on the cash rewards, presumably with only a lower AAoA as the consequence.

Love this Card. Get 3x the points at Target and Wal-Mart with each purchase.

tjguitar85 said:   FYI, I called to convert my Platinum Rewards card to the Cash Rewards card. The CSR said "so you want to go BACK to the cash rewards?", leading me to believe their computers show the previous conversion. I said yes, but she did not ask why.

The CSR put me on hold for a while but said that they can do it but they have to create a new account number. Advised me that I will receive a new card in 7-10 days and told me not to use my existing card, as they can't do the conversion when their is a balance.

I am assuming there is not going to be a pull, so back on the cash rewards, presumably with only a lower AAoA as the consequence.

I did something similar. I had converted my card and then recntly re-applied for the cash rewards card however was turned down. I called to find out why and was told that since I rcently got the AMEX I had to wait 90 days - I offered to split CL and they did.

Speaking about pay at the pump and Chase freedom, I filled up at the pump at a Wawa stationin N.J. and did not receive 5% back. Must have been coded as a convenience store rather then a gas station?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.