• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Received this email and almost trashed it... so keep an eye out!

This email is for the "new" GM card that offers unlimited 5% earnings but have per-vehicle redemption limits. What makes this hot is that you can use
the full $2000 even on cars with a $1000 redemption limit.

Weve Topped Off your Earnings to $2,000, so you can get the new year off to a great start in a brand-new car, truck, SUV or luxury GM vehicle. Take advantage of this offer from January 4 through February 29, 2012.

Use ALL your Earnings on the purchase or lease of over 30 eligible, new vehicles. Choose from our 2012 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac lineup including 2012 Chevrolet Cruze, Chevy Silverado Half-Ton, Buick LaCrosse, GMC Acadia Denali, Cadillac CTS Sport Sedan and more.

For additional value, you can combine your Topped-Off Total Earnings with most current GM offers. See how the dollars can add up.

To redeem your Topped-Off Bonus Earnings, simply provide your dealer with the Bonus Earnings Code in this email. Learn more about this offer, including the eligible vehicle list and additional offers in your area.

Remember: This offer is only good until February 29, 2012, so head to your dealer today!

1) Topped-Off Bonus Earnings are available on the purchase or lease of an eligible, new and unused 2012 or remaining 2011 Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicle. Excludes Chevrolet Volt and Camaro ZL1. In order to redeem your Bonus Earnings, you must provide the Bonus Earnings Code printed in this email to your dealer at time of purchase or lease. Vehicle must be delivered from dealer stock from 1/4/12 through 2/29/12. Bonus Earnings can be used above applicable GM Card program limits. Your Current Earnings and this Bonus Earnings offer cannot be combined with other Bonus Earnings offers; with some private offers such as the GM Employee, Supplier, Dealership Employee or Credit Union Member Discount from GM; or with other GM reward card Accounts. Bonus Earnings offers are nontransferable to another GM Card Account and limited to authorized persons as of 1/4/12. Only one Bonus Earnings offer per Account. Bonus Earnings expire 2/29/12.

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

i checked my account online and have the offer also! they must need to sell cars. We just bought one back in August and used the $2,000 offer back then.

I got it - whoopee. HSBC lowered our limit last year on this card. Hope this all works for GM, they've convinced me to test drive a Ford - when I'm ready to buy. The 'new' GM is picking and choosing which warranties it will honor from the 'old' GM. Ford? Still Ford.

Mine were topped off to $3,000. Might have to take a look.

dcwilbur said:   Mine were topped off to $3,000. Might have to take a look.did you have a lot of reward points already built up? I only had $62 and was topped off to $2,000

rmhop said:   did you have a lot of reward points already built up? I only had $62 and was topped off to $2,000My rewards were a little over $1,500.

BitemeIamtoxic said:   I got it - whoopee. HSBC lowered our limit last year on this card. Hope this all works for GM, they've convinced me to test drive a Ford - when I'm ready to buy. The 'new' GM is picking and choosing which warranties it will honor from the 'old' GM. Ford? Still Ford.

HSBC lowered the limit on my GM card last year to $300 as well. No way to accumulate any $ in that way. I have called at least
twice to request a CL. No dice. $300 is a rediculous limit. I think they did it
because I still have the old 5%, $3500 limit on redemptions card from 1992. I have already redeemed almost
$6K on 2 car purchases over the year.

How is it good value to use credit card rewards on a new car? I'm seriously asking, I don't understand.

clearanceman said:   How is it good value to use credit card rewards on a new car? I'm seriously asking, I don't understand.

If you were already going to buy a new car and you get an extra X off the new car, then that is like saving X. It's not too difficult to understand.

clearanceman said:   How is it good value to use credit card rewards on a new car? I'm seriously asking, I don't understand.If you are buying a new car anyway, it is a good deal. Negotiate your best deal on a new GM, then they take the GM points off that. I've used it twice in the last five years - $2,000 and $3,000.

I have had 2 GM cards since they first came out (back in 1993, I think) - one for myself and one for my wife. My wife's card gets these topoff earnings offers once or twice a year. I have never received a single one on my card. Go figure.

clearanceman said:   How is it good value to use credit card rewards on a new car? I'm seriously asking, I don't understand.

Used to be the GM Card offered a 5% of spending as a discount on a new GM car, and you could accrue that 5% with no limitation. Since the very original cards had no spending limit, a few people (very few) actually got away with free cars after running so much money through the cards.

The card has been gradually reduced in usefulness, though some people still have a version that is 5% capped to $500 earnings a year and $3,500 max which is treated as cash on a new car or lease.

Long story short if you know you would be buying or leasing a GM car you would have a guaranteed 5% bonus rate from your credit card, which isn't too shabby. I did just that, twice, before GM pissed me off.

It's still not a bad card if you know you will be buying or leasing a GM. The earnings are same as cash.

Had this card for years, hoping that GM would build a car I would want to buy. Nothing to this day. Even if you like GMs, so much better financially just to buy a 1/2 - 1 year old model and save a ton more money. GMs take hard hits quickly.

I was completely dismayed that they didn't include the chevy volt in this top up earnings campaign.
You would have thought that this would be a great time to help out their slow selling star car.

vegetation said:   Had this card for years, hoping that GM would build a car I would want to buy. Nothing to this day. Even if you like GMs, so much better financially just to buy a 1/2 - 1 year old model and save a ton more money. GMs take hard hits quickly.

Depending on the card, you can transfer the earnings to anyone you trust enough to add to your account temporarily. I was in the same boat with $3,500 maxxed out on my older type card and gave it to my cousin.

Another option is that the money works on leases, too. Combined with the right special, you can do pretty well.

I did not get top off to $2000, Still only $1050. I have no idea. I may need to call the Card service to find out that.

bafman said:   BitemeIamtoxic said:   I got it - whoopee. HSBC lowered our limit last year on this card. Hope this all works for GM, they've convinced me to test drive a Ford - when I'm ready to buy. The 'new' GM is picking and choosing which warranties it will honor from the 'old' GM. Ford? Still Ford.

HSBC lowered the limit on my GM card last year to $300 as well. No way to accumulate any $ in that way. I have called at least
twice to request a CL. No dice. $300 is a rediculous limit. I think they did it
because I still have the old 5%, $3500 limit on redemptions card from 1992. I have already redeemed almost
$6K on 2 car purchases over the year.

For what it is worth, I received the top up flyer this weekend as well...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014