• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
PS3 Move bundle on sale for $90 on Best Buy. Thought hey I never used Plastic Jungle before but see people mention it often on FWF. Bought 3 $25 (5% off = $23.75 each) Best Buy eCodes (Using FW CB and 2% AMEX). After several hours no codes, per their normal response time. Call up and they tell me it will take 24-48 hours, their website says "If you purchased an eCODE, it will be delivered as soon as your payment is processed - usually within a few hours." So this morning I get three email notifications of my eCodes. Login and there is only one $25 eCode. Try to call and they say they are not within their normal business hours but they are. Is this normal for Plastic Jungle or have I been unlucky?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I've sold lots gift cards to both Plastic Jungle and Cardpool and haven't had any real problems. I sell cards where you... (more)

dl73 (Jun. 12, 2012 @ 4:28p) |

I keep trying to order some eCodes and no matter what I do (change # of cards, dollar amount, use paypal or not use payp... (more)

nic3456 (Jul. 23, 2012 @ 1:56p) |

My experience is only on the buying side.

I bought a bunch of Crate and Barrel cards on PJ, adding up to about $1000. I ... (more)

17111711 (Jul. 24, 2012 @ 3:51p) |

I haven't done business with them, but I've read in the past that their customer service is notoriously slow.

Pretty bad reviews: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Plastic_Jungle

BBB ranks them highly but they always do for the companies that pay them, kinda like the mob.

Might have been better to wing it on eBay instead.

I used them to sell a few gift cards, but ran into an accounting problem as well as very slow response time. Since then, I've switched to CardPool and have generally been satisfied.

I have sold many gift cards to them and never had an issue. It usually takes about a week to get teh card to them and another 3-5 days for them to email the Amazon gift card#. I have never done the cash option. I have never bought gift cards from them bc I do that at my local grocery store and get fuel rewards.

Customer service is completely outsourced overseas and is horrible. In my experience you'll get what you are entitled to, either buying or selling, but it may take a while. Not much you can do but sit and wait.

kwest said:   I haven't done business with them, but I've read in the past that their customer service is notoriously slow.

This. You'll get everything you paid for, it just might take a couple extra days

I ordered Qty:3 $25 Best Buy gift cards, eCode type. I got 3 email notifications of fulfillment so I expect 3 gift card eCodes ready.

Edit: Their IVR is still saying its outside their normal business hours. F-ing worthless.

That is typical of Plastic Jungle. I ordered 18 $25 Gap e-codes. Called when it was not delivered within a a few hours and was told it would be delivered only on business days. Monday came and only one code appeared in my account. It must be some type of glitch with their website. A call had the outsourced CSR manually e-mail me the card number and pin to my gmail account. I saved a bunch of money but, am glad the purchase was not time-sensitive.

Never tried them, i use cardpool and had no issues yet.

I had the same issue with ordering 3 $25 gift cards, must be a glich or incompetent people fulfilling the oders. I'd recommend doing 3 seperate orders next time. And yes the customer service sucks, its all outsourced to India. The website lies about only taking a few hours if you order before 1pm PST...its usually 2 days. I plan to go elsewhere or just not buy there anymore.

Have tried the phone number every hour. Still says its outside their business hours. This has to be the shadiest operation I have ever dealt with.

And better yet you have to establish a separate account for support that has a very stringent password requirement but the purchasing side doesn't. I will never use this worthless company again. Every time I turn around it pure incompetence.

Sir, I'm guessing you posted here looking for advice. Listen to some free advice from others who have been in your position: you will get your money. It will come at any time from immediately, as they promised, to 10 days after they promised it would arrive. No amount of calling their incompetent CS or emailing will help. Sit back and wait for it to come, or else continue to get frustrated and let them beat you twice.

There system thinks it handed out 3 eCodes but didn't. Obviously this has been a problem in the past. I would think they would fix this. A bitching customer cost more than a happy one.

I've bought many (30+) cards there. The physical cards have always arrived, and the two times I bought e-codes were both busts. I would not get e-codes from them; I am currently in the process of getting a refund.

You get an additional 1% from ebates by the way.

Once they decided to start answering phones I spoke with someone and they emailed me my other two eCodes. It would be nice if they would fix this issue. I guess if I give in and use them again I'll just make 3 separate purchases.

This would probably have been a better thread for off topic or deal discussion.

Quikboy4 said:   This would probably have been a better thread for off topic or deal discussion.
I stumbled upon Plastic Jungle during a maximizing discounting discussion in FWF. I figured more people use it here then other sub forums.
eron08 said:   You get an additional 1% from ebates by the way.
? FW CB is also 1% for Plastic Jungle?

ebates is probably not banned anymore since all the FW are belong to them.

I have bought and sold GCs with Plastic Jungle (both electronic & physical). Overall it has been a good experience, but it is SLOW. If you are ready to pull the trigger on a purchase and want the ~8% discount of using one of their GCs you are going to be let down because it is NOT instant. My first time I was expecting an experience like purchasing a coupon on eBay where you get the coupon code a minute after your purchase. Plastic Jungle is NOT that, at least not yet.

In the past month I sold two cards to Plastic Jungle and one to CardPool. Both worked out, eventually, but Plastic Jungle took about 2x longer than they had estimated and their website (while pretty) didn't really display any meaningful updates and added to my confusion about not being paid yet. Emails to customer service weren't really answered. CardPool paid me and seemed like they hit their processing timeframes too. Again, I eventually did get my money with both services, but I know I'll use CardPool next time.

I will try out Cardpool next time, even eBay has to be better than Plastic Jungle.

Thank you for everyones input.

anyone have a list of what each site pays in cash for all cards?

ShaftSlinger said:   anyone have a list of what each site pays in cash for all cards?

From what I gather, the amounts aren't static.

ShaftSlinger said:   anyone have a list of what each site pays in cash for all cards?

Try www.GiftCardGranny.com/sell-a-gift-card/

WalMart, Target & major Gasoline cards always pay the highest if you are selling (around 90 to 92%)

mikefxu said:   PS3 Move bundle on sale for $90 on Best Buy. Thought hey I never used Plastic Jungle before but see people mention it often on FWF. Bought 3 $25 (5% off = $23.75 each) Best Buy eCodes (Using FW CB and 2% AMEX). After several hours no codes, per their normal response time. Call up and they tell me it will take 24-48 hours, their website says "If you purchased an eCODE, it will be delivered as soon as your payment is processed - usually within a few hours." So this morning I get three email notifications of my eCodes. Login and there is only one $25 eCode. Try to call and they say they are not within their normal business hours but they are. Is this normal for Plastic Jungle or have I been unlucky?

"Normal business hours" is probably based on India local time.

Are there any retailers that allow you to buy gift cards with gift cards? Eg: Use a $100 best buy gift card to buy 4 $25 gift cards? If so, that would save a lot of headaches...

I have had issues with PJ as well. Even though their website says "No expiration" for a certain type of gift cards, I have received limited term "promo" cards which did expire. Also I've gotten Marriott hotel gift cards from them which were "promo" type cards which weren't usable for discounted or convention rates, which Marriott's normal gift cards don't have those restrictions. The one time I did try to contact customer support (via email), I never got a response.

First order with PlasticJungle went through fine. The next two times, Plastic Jungle cancelled my order and never sent me any emails to let me know. I logged on to their site and discovered it. Now I use cardpool and they have been great!

I've used PJ in the past mainly to sell. I've sold over 5 cards with no problems and prompt payment (in the form of an Amazon GC). However, the one time I tried to purchase a card (physical, not ecode) it came with less than the advertised amount. It even had the correct amount WRITTEN on the card itself and somehow it was processed with more. I had to contact support and fill out an affadavit. They refunded me afterwards, but it wasn't worth the hassle for me. I've never tried buying an ecode but I wouldn't purchase anything from them. Selling is a different story.

fatmark said:   First order with PlasticJungle went through fine. The next two times, Plastic Jungle cancelled my order and never sent me any emails to let me know. I logged on to their site and discovered it. Now I use cardpool and they have been great!I had a very similar experience when selling to PJ - the first 3 transactions went through fine, but the next few were cancelled with no notification or explanation. I switched to Cardpool a couple of months ago and have sold approx 35 cards; all transactions have gone quite smoothly.

Based on OP's post and the subsequent posts here, I'd answer the "Headache worth the savings?" question with a No.

I had no problem selling to them.

Buying, they invalidated my order, and it took a while to re-credit my credit card back. I emailed to ask about it, and they didn't say why, or how to avoid the invalidation, just that they'd credit it back eventually. They did, but I've never figured out why I can't purchase from them, despite asking again.

So for me, headache or not, for some reason, their system won't let me buy gift cards, despite the fact I've sold them some.

vegas4x4 said:    The one time I did try to contact customer support (via email), I never got a response.

I thought that too; it turns out they typically respond at support.PlasticJungle.com/requests without sending you an email. I imagine the CS reps get scored on how many inquiries they successfully "close" because they always closed my inquiry after responding. Whenever they don't adequately address my issue I comment on my post and that re-opens my inquiry. This gets their attention; emails don't.

Used them 20+ times. Never had an issue. I've never bought multiple of the same thing before though, which it sounds like is the major problem that many are having.

I sold $3,000 worth of Cheesecake Factory gift cards to Plastic Jungle for 80% of their value. I had purchased the gift cards with AMEX points when they were on sale for 1/2 off. I received a call from Plastic Jungle to verify how i got the cards, and had to forward them the AMEX email. I received a check within a week. I have had no problems selling gift cards and receiving a check from them in a timely manner (within 2 weeks from my original snail mail of cards).

I bought a large value Starbucks gift card from PJ awhile back that ended up being deactivated after it was delivered (probably due to the gift card being bought with a stolen credit card and then resold on PJ). I went through some small hoops and eventually did get my money refunded from PJ, but haven't bought anything from them since.

Ive used Plastic Jungle quite a bit. Their paypal insta-payment method has always been buggy. My last two transactions with them have been a disaster. Supposedly they have a "new system" in place. Since this new system has gone in to place I havent gotten a single payout. Theyve had two gift cards totaling about $600 and theyve had them going on THREE months now. All they give me is apologies and "personal assurances" that it will be resolved within 48 hours. They do this EVERY time I call and again its been three months.

In frustration I tried both Giftcardcastle and Cardpool. Giftcard castle rejected my card, giving no reason at all. When the card was returned to me someone had used it! Someone had made a purchase using the card and of course giftcardcastle pleads innocence and ignorance. In short stay away from these scamsters!

Cardpool works like a charm. In my opinion the only honest gift card buyers still around. I hope my experiences help others avoid similar outcomes.

Cheers

Skipping 31 Messages...
My experience is only on the buying side.

I bought a bunch of Crate and Barrel cards on PJ, adding up to about $1000. I think the discount was about 9% and I had to get the cards over a week or two due to lack of inventory at PJ.

Most of the cards were fine, but 2-3 cards, maybe worth $150 total, had zero balance. It was a bit annoying to send in forms, certifying that there was no money on those cards. I did get my refund processed without issue.

Ultimately, I saved about $80 on a $1K purchase. For that, I had a lot of uncertainty, had to send in copy of driver's license for a refund. I also didn't want to go into the store and find out that the card was empty. Buying was generally annoying too (lack of inventory, waiting for physical cards, matching up the cards with my PJ order numbers - especially since I needed to report zero-balance cards).

So all in all, I would say it's not worth it, even on a bigger purchase, unless the discount is extreme. It just wasn't enough savings and there were some risks and many annoyances.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014