• Go to page :
  • 1234 5
  • Text Only
^^I currently use BB&T and have never had a problem, even when I thought the picture could've been better.

Allright now....Where is WellsFargo?? They only have it in selected states yet in Minnesota where they are the market leader, nothing!

burgerwars said:   One thing I hate about mobile deposits: Trying to get a clear image of the check I'm depositing so it is accepted is a PITA. Most times it takes multiple attempts using every technique I can think of. Sometimes it will not work no matter what. I use multiple banks with the same results.

Those Chase ads showing someone holding a check up and snapping a picture, making it look as easy as picking your nose, are a lie. Bunch of cr*p.
Might be your phone. No problems here at all.

burgerwars said:   One thing I hate about mobile deposits: Trying to get a clear image of the check I'm depositing so it is accepted is a PITA. Most times it takes multiple attempts using every technique I can think of. Sometimes it will not work no matter what. I use multiple banks with the same results.

Those Chase ads showing someone holding a check up and snapping a picture, making it look as easy as picking your nose, are a lie. Bunch of cr*p.

It might be your phone, although I never had an issue even when using an older iPhone 3G. It might also be the lighting. The only time I took a suboptimal check picture was in a low-light situation while using an iPhone 4. Try to snap your pictures in natural daylight or be very, very steady at night.

my credit union uses deposzip and it sucks. takes me forever to make a deposit as i have to keep re-trying. using a razor droid max, i enter the amount of the deposit and take a photo of the front which then appears to get scanned - the photo looks fine - very clear - in focus, but the scan usually results in and unreadable image and gets rejected. i try again with more light or less light and usually same result. after several tries (5-10) i eventually get through although the image is never very good. Then we start all over with the back. Once i get done, the images must be reviewed by the bank. Most of the time that goes ok, but a couple of times the image was rejected and we start All Over!

I don't really understand the scan step. Why not just send the photo image to the bank?????

Wells Fargo now has mobile deposit for Android/iOS available nationwide (previously limited to selected states). Low limits @ 1K/3K.

Arvest Bank now accepts mobile deposits. First attempt took several tries, apparently they do OCR processing and matching before allowing the deposit to go through. Second try went much smoother with better lighting and flash turned on.

Ally's iphone app now also accepts mobile deposits. Limit is $10,000

Ally's Android app too. updated QS. Limit is 10k/day;25k/month

Just tried the Ally iphone app. It is pretty picky, couldn't read my signature and didn't like that the check was made out to more than one person. So far ING direct is far superior.

I'm a little annoyed with ING, though... I know it's the holidays and all, but to say that a deposit on 12/23 won't be "available" until 1/2 is a little extreme.

Does anyone have any inside information indicating if and when Fidelity will add a PC option? I have a Windows Phone, so iOS and Android options don't help me.

(BTW: I just updated the table in the summary to show that Bank of America has a Windows Phone app... I'm going to miss it dearly, as we're dumping Bank of America tomorrow. It's a fantastic application overall, and uploading checks to deposit is far easier than with ING.)

MSUFCU
Daily deposit limit of $25,000.

bicker1 said:   I'm a little annoyed with ING, though... I know it's the holidays and all, but to say that a deposit on 12/23 won't be "available" until 1/2 is a little extreme.

Does anyone have any inside information indicating if and when Fidelity will add a PC option? I have a Windows Phone, so iOS and Android options don't help me.

(BTW: I just updated the table in the summary to show that Bank of America has a Windows Phone app... I'm going to miss it dearly, as we're dumping Bank of America tomorrow. It's a fantastic application overall, and uploading checks to deposit is far easier than with ING.)

I tried Wells Fargo, deposit placed on Dec/26 and available as of Dec/28. Took the check that Ally rejected.

Yeah there is something that stinks about ING's deposit availability policy. I've got to hope that Fidelity is better. I hope I don't live to regret the switch away from Bank of America.

Incidentally, I just got another reply from Ally confirming that they don't plan to do anything for Windows Phone folks. Nice.

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   d1v1n3g0d said:   Expected iPad launch -- 7/25. Actual launch -- 7/26. Expected iPhone launch -- 8/2. Today isn't over yet. Waited years, what's another day?
Bofa iphone app launched yesterday

Decent limits
Customers with accounts that are opened for fewer than three months can deposit up to $1,000 per month. Those with accounts for three months or longer can deposit up to $5,000 per month.
Bank of America customers in the Platinum Privileges program (available to those with $50,000 in BofA deposit accounts and/or Merrill Edge brokerage accounts) can deposit up to $10,000 per month.
Small business customers with accounts less than three-months old can deposit up to $3,000 monthly; after three months, the limit increases to $15,000 per month.

Update: Bank of America customers in the Platinum Privileges program can deposit up to $25,000 per month. That's what I see on my BofA mobile app.

discover bank has mobile check deposit now

hey I opened a new Chase account today and when I go to quick deposit it says not available for this account. standard due to new account or sign of a problem?

edit: answering my own question here. it took 1 day to activate. got a little too excited

Firstib.com has both scanning from the pc or cam image on the phone app.

Unfortunately, First IB does not let you use an iPad for mobile deposits yet.

FWIW, I am using the samsung galaxy tab2 for mobile deposit.

So far,
wells fargo and pnc virtual wallet deposit okay

ingdirect and boa crash when I choose "deposit check"

bb&t does not have the deposit button show up for me.

I signed up for Barclays. Tried to apply for Schwab but they rejected me but Barclays has a 1% interest rate even though they have 5 day holds.

I made my 1st remote deposit. I have an Ipod Touch and the front camera is weaker and so it took a few tries to get a recognizable image. But after it did, it was sent successfully then I received an Approval message from Barclays saying it went through on a banking holiday. So I am presuming the check will show up in the account soon.

I did an ACH transfer and a Remote Deposit. ACH transfer showed up, but the check deposit didn't yet even though it said it was approved.

Not sure how long the normal time is for remote deposit with Barclays before checks show up in the account as this was my first mobile deposit.

if i deposit 2500 in wells fargo how much can i withdraw at that time

I've used the Wells Fargo android app to deposit a check once. It was a $1.50 dividend check though, I wouldn't trust it with anything larger for the moment. Not that anything is particularly wrong with Wells Fargo's app or anything, I just don't fully trust the concept yet.

The deposit posted in like 2 days.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014