• Text Only
creditbuyer said:   I guess this is called "trust".

watchtower77 said:   akashgpt said:   Unsolicited offer to somebody is not a good idea but helping each other for mutual benefit to interested members may work out best to all parties concerned. I have helped a few members in the past and almost everyone was happy at the end.
In a land far far away that time forgot (aka a couple months ago), I wouldn't "exchange" my points unless I had absolutely no risk(no paypal or any other potential chargeback type items), and my "exchange" partner sent me a personal check drawn on B of A, where I don't have an account. I am in socal and the check was from the east coast. I asked the bank manager very specifically if I was at risk in any way by cashing the check and was told no. I cashed the check ($1500+) in a socal B of A with an out of state DL. Proceeded to obtain funds and transferred points.
I saw no drawback or risk as the owner of points, but was amazed someone would risk their money in advance. Big thumbs up.

It's pretty tough to trust an anonymous individual on a public forum.

Not so hard to trust someone who's been around for years and never had any negative feedback though. Or to trust someone for whom such FWF veterans can vouch.

EugeneV said:   Not so hard to trust someone who's been around for years and never had any negative feedback though. Or to trust someone for whom such FWF veterans can vouch.

Don't disagree with that. However, most of the feedback (positive or negative) has been removed by moderators. So it's difficult to find that feedback.
Getting FWF vets to vouch is on a case by case basis.

imbatman said:   It's pretty tough to trust an anonymous individual on a public forum.

especially with multiple aliases

The mods removed positive feedback. Had any deals gone sour, those posts would probably stick around and also spread via PM.

As far as multiple aliases, I see nothing wrong with creating a separate alias for these purposes, as long as it has good feedback on its own or if ownership can be confirmed by PM'ing the "main" alias. Having a separate alias just for this stuff, with a separate PM history, must be very convenient.

EugeneV said:   The mods removed positive feedback. Had any deals gone sour, those posts would probably stick around and also spread via PM.

As far as multiple aliases, I see nothing wrong with creating a separate alias for these purposes, as long as it has good feedback on its own or if ownership can be confirmed by PM'ing the "main" alias. Having a separate alias just for this stuff, with a separate PM history, must be very convenient.

I agree with the sour deal portion but still don't think multiple aliases is a good excuse. Kind of hard to trust when someone is trying to be sneaky to begin with.

Not sure if I'm a vet or not, but I have dealt with creditbuyer successfully...

imbatman said:   EugeneV said:   Not so hard to trust someone who's been around for years and never had any negative feedback though. Or to trust someone for whom such FWF veterans can vouch.

Don't disagree with that. However, most of the feedback (positive or negative) has been removed by moderators. So it's difficult to find that feedback.

funktuna said:   Not sure if I'm a vet or not, but I have dealt with creditbuyer successfully...

imbatman said:   EugeneV said:   Not so hard to trust someone who's been around for years and never had any negative feedback though. Or to trust someone for whom such FWF veterans can vouch.

Anyone that sent me money in advance with theoretically no parachute gets my vote.

I always like the Amtrak transfer, because I enjoy long distance train travel and with the flexibility of using points I usually get 6-8 cents a point on a long distance train trip, or in a pinch 3 cents a point on a LA-Bay Area trip. If you are in a market with access to a "special route" that gives you a good ppint value this might work for you.

There seems to be a glut of points this last few weeks.

flighthunter++. Google [flighthunter Bruce].

nm

Just dealt with Bruce (flighthunter) and everything went smoothly.

is anyone else bothered that this has changed into a trade thread? i'm only interested in deals on the official redemption site, not trades. no trade forum on fw?

freefun4every1 said:   is anyone else bothered that this has changed into a trade thread? i'm only interested in deals on the official redemption site, not trades. no trade forum on fw?

i wish i'd come upon this thread earlier, as i recently cashed in some accumulated UR points, and would have preferred to have maximized said points as discussed in this thread. i, for one, am not bothered by this thread being here in FWF, and find it appropriate, informative and something i'll likely take action on in the future. the possibilities discussed here would be the best way for me to utilize my points; the options on the official redemption site have historically been of little value to me.

you do understand people's accounts may get closed because of selling/buying points? it's against the rules. of course if you are lucky, you maximize your return.

angeezee said:   freefun4every1 said:   is anyone else bothered that this has changed into a trade thread? i'm only interested in deals on the official redemption site, not trades. no trade forum on fw?

i wish i'd come upon this thread earlier, as i recently cashed in some accumulated UR points, and would have preferred to have maximized said points as discussed in this thread. i, for one, am not bothered by this thread being here in FWF, and find it appropriate, informative and something i'll likely take action on in the future. the possibilities discussed here would be the best way for me to utilize my points; the options on the official redemption site have historically been of little value to me.

freefun4every1 said:   you do understand people's accounts may get closed because of selling/buying points? it's against the rules. of course if you are lucky, you maximize your return.

Source please.

plenty of discussions and people complaining. some only sold once, but probably to a shark who has been watched by chase for a while and got unlucky.

tomprc said:   freefun4every1 said:   you do understand people's accounts may get closed because of selling/buying points? it's against the rules. of course if you are lucky, you maximize your return.

Source please.

Link pls?

no one can tell you for sure that IS the reason their account gets closed because chase does not give specific reasons, but they didn't do anything else wrong that they know of. that's why i said it "may" get closed. as for sources, google is your friend. trade at your own risk. but i do hope this thread is more constructive for people who play by the rules.

I see you are unable to give a source.

Talking about rules, please post your source of the specific rule too.

tomprc said:   freefun4every1 said:   you do understand people's accounts may get closed because of selling/buying points? it's against the rules. of course if you are lucky, you maximize your return.

Source please.

I think this is one:
"Chase Closed My Sapphire Preferred Account due to Point Transfers"
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1396906-chas...

tomprc said:   I see you are unable to give a source.

Talking about rules, please post your source of the specific rule too.

Okey-doke, here you go:

Can I combine the points I earn from other Chase Ultimate Rewards cards?

"Transfers may only be used to combine points belonging to the same individual or business in the program; or for the purpose of enabling spouses or domestic partners to combine points."

Are there any restrictions to point transfer?

"You can only transfer points to a frequent travel account belonging to you, your household member or an authorized user or employee."

https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/asset...

freefun4every1 said:   you do understand people's accounts may get closed because of selling/buying points? it's against the rules. of course if you are lucky, you maximize your return.

angeezee said:   freefun4every1 said:   is anyone else bothered that this has changed into a trade thread? i'm only interested in deals on the official redemption site, not trades. no trade forum on fw?

no, i was not aware of that, and i appreciate the heads up regarding that possibility. i guess the fun may not be so free4every1?

eta: that is a very interesting and informative thread you linked to, TheHimalayas, thank you for that.

I have also heard about people's Sapphire accounts being closed due to transfer of UR points to someone who isn't a spouse/family member.

dcrosb1 said:   I have also heard about people's Sapphire accounts being closed due to transfer of UR points to someone who isn't a spouse/family member.Correct. Don't do UR>UR transfers.

Do points transferred to SW count towards companion pass?

only if ticketing using sw miles counts towards one.

Answer to my question is no.

From SW website:
Effective January 5, 2012, Chase Sapphire Preferred℠, Ink Bold℠, Ink Plus℠, JPMorgan Palladium and JPMorgan Select customers will be able to redeem their Ultimate Rewards points for Rapid Rewards Points. Point transfers via Ultimate Rewards are not eligible for status, including A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass status. Ultimate Rewards points will be converted to Rapid Rewards Points on a 1:1 ratio.

yeah.. Chase UR points between Sapphire preferred and Freedom.

prads said:   I have got about 100k points... what's the best use?

I'd suggest Amazon shop with points; you could buy this and then start at the top of this thread.

As mentioned above, only do UR>UR xfers between same household, spouse or authorized employees. Chase is cracking down and will close accounts form unauthorized transfers. Take the chances if you want, just proceed with caution.

HappyGuy said:   Answer to my question is no.

From SW website:
Effective January 5, 2012, Chase Sapphire Preferred℠, Ink Bold℠, Ink Plus℠, JPMorgan Palladium and JPMorgan Select customers will be able to redeem their Ultimate Rewards points for Rapid Rewards Points. Point transfers via Ultimate Rewards are not eligible for status, including A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass status. Ultimate Rewards points will be converted to Rapid Rewards Points on a 1:1 ratio.

UR to Marriott to WN

Hi, can some one please let me know how did I transfer RR>RR? did Sony reward point can transfer to RR or UR?. TK

elBulli said:   HappyGuy said:   Answer to my question is no.

From SW website:

UR to Marriott to WN

IIRC going through Hyatt is the higher yield transfer.

Any word on whether Chase will run the Best Buy cyber Monday promotion again?

So were the things about account closures just rumors or what? Or are they not targeting people who only get rid of like 20k points a year

FW never ceases to amaze me. This is a great thread with lots of ideas. Now to read the 4 pages. Thanks OP!

Chase closed my personal Sapphire card and Ink Rewards biz card, about a month apart, for transferring points to people other than spouse or domestic partner. My other Chase cards remain open and they actually gave me 1 month to redeem any remaining points on the personal card and 3 months for business. Since it was nothing substantial, I just transferred them to Freedom. I thought the business version of the card allowed transferring points to business associates?

Found out that I can keep my united/continental miles from expiring by just getting 1000 points transferred over from chase UR to my united/continental FF program every 18 months.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014