• Text Only
Just wanted to say I'm impressed at how quickly the points are transferred from UR to SWA. They showed up in my RR account almost instantly.

Also, is nobody reading the quick summary and the little highlighted comment that shows up right next to it??? Sheesh.

Did you mean the ($0.02 for United, and $0.017 for Southwest?) That is really sweat for people who travels a lot!

scripta said:   Just wanted to say I'm impressed at how quickly the points are transferred from UR to SWA. They showed up in my RR account almost instantly.

Also, is nobody reading the quick summary and the little highlighted comment that shows up right next to it??? Sheesh.

I wish FatWallet at least explained *why* they delete offers to buy and sell points. Did Chase hire them to?

prolly cause they don't want to be an accomplice to whatever fraud might be perpetrated. or assist members in breaking other co's rules.

scripta said:   prolly cause they don't want to be an accomplice to whatever fraud might be perpetrated. or assist members in breaking other co's rules.
You mean, posting ads to buy or sell anything in general is not allowed here? As far as the rewards program terms, frankly, I am not even sure that it is prohibited - would be useful info for this thread, if anyone has a copy.

I don't recall ever seeing any type of buy/sell/trade threads here. I don't know why not, there's nothing about this in the FW T&C.

Since you asked, this is from the FAQTransfers may only be used to combine points belonging to the same individual or business in the program; or for the purpose of enabling spouses or domestic partners to combine points.

That's weird, because they have no such restrictions on transferring points to frequent flyer accounts...

EugeneV said:   That's weird, because they have no such restrictions on transferring points to frequent flyer accounts...It's not, and they do:You can only transfer points to a frequent travel account belonging to you, your household member or an authorized user or employee.UR FAQ

Didn't see that, so I sent a secure message and got an answer that transfers to friends are permitted.

I've transferred points to and from friends for many times and have never had a problem. I am pretty sure it's permitted because otherwise Chase could simply block this feature. After all, it is just a change-hand with no additional points being lost/added during the process, and I think it doesn't really matter to Chase who actually redeem the pts at the end. Just my opinions

That is a great information EugeneV and creditbuyer...

Deleted comment because it referenced spam that has been deleted.

I thought that using pts to pay yourself and have money deposited straight to my Chase checking would be instant. It's been over 12 hours, and nothing. wtf?

ungar2000 said:   I thought that using pts to pay yourself and have money deposited straight to my Chase checking would be instant. It's been over 12 hours, and nothing. wtf?

2-3 business days

c3 said:   ungar2000 said:   I thought that using pts to pay yourself and have money deposited straight to my Chase checking would be instant. It's been over 12 hours, and nothing. wtf?

2-3 business days

ugh, damn weekend now.

Thanks, though.

ungar2000 said:   I thought that using pts to pay yourself and have money deposited straight to my Chase checking would be instant. It's been over 12 hours, and nothing. wtf?lol, whatever gave you that idea?

What is the going rate nowadays? I'll have about 40k points to offload next month.

Have 85,000 points next month. Would like to know a good way to spend them.That should said 88,000 points.

scripta said:   ungar2000 said:   I thought that using pts to pay yourself and have money deposited straight to my Chase checking would be instant. It's been over 12 hours, and nothing. wtf?lol, whatever gave you that idea?

Bad memory I guess.

But it was within 24 hours, and that was over the weekend too. So not 2-3 business days, as has been stated here.

ungar..just to let you know there are better ways to get instant cash and more value than redeeming the points with Chase...

akashgpt said:   ungar..just to let you know there are better ways to get instant cash and more value than redeeming the points with Chase...

Besides selling them to someone I would need to trust?

I have been outside the US, traveling for a long time (and will continue doing), and just wanted to get cash. Nothing else in the store made sense in my situation.

ungar2000, there are repeat buyers who had positive feedback from long term members posted in this thread... until the moderators removed it.

And I dont thing anybody has reported any issues with the transfer of points and/or value towards it....

Any other ideas for the best use of points?

EugeneV said:   I wish FatWallet at least explained *why* they delete offers to buy and sell points. Did Chase hire them to?

They simply don't want to add extra liabilities to their life. Unmediated trading is very risky in general.

The "Online Coupon Trading" section is the only place trading is allowed on Fatwallet, but I don't know if points would fall into that category.

I once received a PM from the mods saying only grocery and one-time-use coupons are allowed trading.

I am coming up on 100,000 points next months in UR on my CSP. What's the best use of my points for best value? Should I cash them out in UR or transfer them over to United? Or just hold them and buy airline tix with them?

bmwfanatic said:   I am coming up on 100,000 points next months in UR on my CSP. What's the best use of my points for best value? Should I cash them out in UR or transfer them over to United? Or just hold them and buy airline tix with them?

I would recommend that you read this thread first.

seanyang and creditbuyer are really the same person, who just sent me spam.

bmwfanatic said:   I am coming up...

Your post in the other thread was deleted, why would you post the same thing in another thread?

c3 said:   seanyang and creditbuyer are really the same person, who just sent me spam.
Huh? Please elaborate.

EugeneV said:   c3 said:   seanyang and creditbuyer are really the same person, who just sent me spam.
Huh? Please elaborate.

creditbuyer sent me unsolicited PM to trade points. The email address clearly shows that he/she is the same person as seanyang. That person has used both aliases to post in this thread.

Wouldn't you get better redemption value if you convert UR to SWA RR and then cash out as gc (Amazon or whatever).

Unsolicited offer to somebody is not a good idea but helping each other for mutual benefit to interested members may work out best to all parties concerned. I have helped a few members in the past and almost everyone was happy at the end.

akashgpt said:   I have helped a few members in the past and almost everyone was happy at the end.

I am still looking for the unhappy ones.

ymarker said:   Wouldn't you get better redemption value if you convert UR to SWA RR and then cash out as gc (Amazon or whatever).
No. 50k UR= $500 cash. Transfer to swa, 50k gets you $500 gc.
But redeeming for swa flights would be better.

akashgpt said:   Unsolicited offer to somebody is not a good idea but helping each other for mutual benefit to interested members may work out best to all parties concerned. I have helped a few members in the past and almost everyone was happy at the end.
In a land far far away that time forgot (aka a couple months ago), I wouldn't "exchange" my points unless I had absolutely no risk(no paypal or any other potential chargeback type items), and my "exchange" partner sent me a personal check drawn on B of A, where I don't have an account. I am in socal and the check was from the east coast. I asked the bank manager very specifically if I was at risk in any way by cashing the check and was told no. I cashed the check ($1500+) in a socal B of A with an out of state DL. Proceeded to obtain funds and transferred points.
I saw no drawback or risk as the owner of points, but was amazed someone would risk their money in advance. Big thumbs up.

I guess this is called "trust".

watchtower77 said:   akashgpt said:   Unsolicited offer to somebody is not a good idea but helping each other for mutual benefit to interested members may work out best to all parties concerned. I have helped a few members in the past and almost everyone was happy at the end.
In a land far far away that time forgot (aka a couple months ago), I wouldn't "exchange" my points unless I had absolutely no risk(no paypal or any other potential chargeback type items), and my "exchange" partner sent me a personal check drawn on B of A, where I don't have an account. I am in socal and the check was from the east coast. I asked the bank manager very specifically if I was at risk in any way by cashing the check and was told no. I cashed the check ($1500+) in a socal B of A with an out of state DL. Proceeded to obtain funds and transferred points.
I saw no drawback or risk as the owner of points, but was amazed someone would risk their money in advance. Big thumbs up.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014