• Text Only
ymarker said:   Found out that I can keep my united/continental miles from expiring by just getting 1000 points transferred over from chase UR to my united/continental FF program every 18 months.

Or take one flight every 18 months extends the life of a frequent ....

pgrey98 said:   ymarker said:   Found out that I can keep my united/continental miles from expiring by just getting 1000 points transferred over from chase UR to my united/continental FF program every 18 months.

Or take one flight every 18 months extends the life of a frequent ....

or link your credit card to this program, and goto dinner http://mpdining.rewardsnetwork.com/

or transfer mroe than 1000 miles to United since, arguable, the best redemption value options are United Miles for international first class tickets.

How do I start to transfer UR to United Miles ? Also, if I request UR by check on an Ink cash does that come in the name of business ?

tajar96 said:   How do I start to transfer UR to United Miles ? Also, if I request UR by check on an Ink cash does that come in the name of business ?

you need to have sapphire card to transfer to united miles. Then go to the UR website and you can transfer in increments of 1k there.

kvs25 said:   tajar96 said:   How do I start to transfer UR to United Miles ? Also, if I request UR by check on an Ink cash does that come in the name of business ?

you need to have sapphire card to transfer to united miles. Then go to the UR website and you can transfer in increments of 1k there.
Sapphire Preferred, JP Morgan Select, JP Morgan Palladium, Ink Bold, Ink Plus.

centrifuge41 said:   kvs25 said:   tajar96 said:   How do I start to transfer UR to United Miles ? Also, if I request UR by check on an Ink cash does that come in the name of business ?

Sapphire Preferred, JP Morgan Select, JP Morgan Palladium, Ink Bold, Ink Plus.

How does the transfer process work ? The miles have to be in the same account name ? DW has an Ink Cash & Freedom, both have some points I would like to transfer to me. Not sure if that is possible.

If I were to request a check from her Ink Cash UR would that come in the business name or the account holder name. She has a DBA so her name is first on the credit card.

You are allowed to log onto her Chase account, and from the UR home on Ink Cash and/or Freedom, use the "combine points" feature to move her points to you, since she is your spouse. Then, you can move your points to your preferred travel partner, if you have one of the above mentioned cards that lets you do UR to travel partner transfers.

centrifuge41 said:   You are allowed to log onto her Chase account, and from the UR home on Ink Cash and/or Freedom, use the "combine points" feature to move her points to you, since she is your spouse. Then, you can move your points to your preferred travel partner, if you have one of the above mentioned cards that lets you do UR to travel partner transfers.

Sorry, I was not clear earlier. I am looking to exchange her UR points to my HHonors account. Is that feasible ?

For the second part, I would like to deposit her Ink UR points to her personal checking account rather than her business account. We can expense certain things for the business, so might as well get some spending money in the personal account. The only way is to get a check from UR and deposit to personal account. Not sure if the check will contain the business name. The Ink credit card has for example, "Jane Smith" on the first line and "Some Business" on the second line. Thanks.

But his question was not really answered. I also want to know. Can I transfer UR to any mileage accounts under a different name? Suppose the owner of the mileage account does not have a chase card.

centrifuge41 said:   You are allowed to log onto her Chase account, and from the UR home on Ink Cash and/or Freedom, use the "combine points" feature to move her points to you, since she is your spouse. Then, you can move your points to your preferred travel partner, if you have one of the above mentioned cards that lets you do UR to travel partner transfers.

Technically, yes. According to the terms, no, only to spouse or domestic partner. Some people had their Chase cards closed for doing this.

Have you actually tried that? How can chase know the miles account belongs to another person? I thought only the airlines know. The only thing they can do is to disallow the transfer if names mismatch.

EugeneV said:   Technically, yes. According to the terms, no, only to spouse or domestic partner. Some people had their Chase cards closed for doing this.

You can't move UR to HHonors. The travel partners are Korean, BA, UA, Southwest, Amtrak, Marriott/Ritz, Priority Club, Hyatt.

However, some travel partners allow conversion to HHonors, albeit at a pretty poor rate. You'll have to see if anything works out. I know that people often do AMEX MR to Virgin Atlantic to HHonors. But Virgin Atlantic isn't a Chase UR partner.

tomprc said:   Have you actually tried that? How can chase know the miles account belongs to another person? I thought only the airlines know. The only thing they can do is to disallow the transfer if names mismatch.

EugeneV said:   Technically, yes. According to the terms, no, only to spouse or domestic partner. Some people had their Chase cards closed for doing this.

Yes, and got my accounts closed. However, I received UR point transfers from other people (who couldn't transfer to their own FF accounts because they had only Freedom cards), which is a more likely cause.

From SW website:
Point transfers via Ultimate Rewards are not eligible for...Companion Pass status. Ultimate Rewards points will be converted to Rapid Rewards Points on a 1:1 ratio.

UR to Marriott to WN...example of transfer ratio: 70K Marriott + 25K RR and counts toward Companion Pass.
and
IIRC going through Hyatt is the higher yield transfer....example of Hyatt, where a 6k bonus is added at 50K transfer, 50k Hyatt = 30,000 RR and counts toward Companion Pass.

Once you have a Companion Pass your points are worth double when used to fly with your designated Companion. You need a total of 110,000 RR pts to get there in a calendar year. When you get that you have it for the remainder of that year plus the next. So dumping a lot of points into RR at the beginning of the year is the most effective strategy to make the most of the Companion Pass.

Bump for a good thread.

yep - definitely an informative thread! FW newbie, so getting a lot of great info. in short, FWers are the bomb! Thanks guys

I just wanted to say, I was strongly considering moving my points to United, but
1. I don't currently have a premium card (but would sign up if I felt it was worth it)
2. Pricing out the flight I take with miles, there are fewer and fewer options for their Saver Award rates.

Even with Saver Award rates on United, I was seeing about 35,000 miles and $84 in fees vs $631 for travel to Mexico. So I'd be getting around 1.56 cents/mile which isn't too bad, but those options have undesirable travel days or more stops. United has really limited the use of their miles, so I'd rather pay for the dates and times I want and I'll use my URs for the boring Cash Back.

1) 1.56 cpm is much better than cash option.
2) if you get a premium card you can redeem for airfare at 1.25 cpp through chase ur travel mall. Still better than CashBack option. 40,000 points means you'd be getting an extra $100 out of it (40,000 redeemed for $500 through ur mall vs $400 cb). More than paying for an annual fee(that's waived the first year)

breaux124 said:   Even with Saver Award rates on United, I was seeing about 35,000 miles and $84 in fees vs $631 for travel to Mexico.Even with United and it (plus star alliance's) great availability, you'll need to have a fairly open mind and can't pidgeon-hole the miles to one specific trip that you'd like to take. I see pretty dry saver inventory to various Asian cities in the summer, but that's probably just the way it is.

Where in Mexico are you going? AeroMexico is Skyteam. Is your destination served by UA? It might not be the most suited use for United miles.

got this card last feb 22, got the 7% annual reward bonus couple days ago. offset the annual fee pretty well...but was planning on cancelling or downgrading to non-preferred. is it too late? will the 7% bonus be taken away?

also, not that happy with the 'travel' category. last month i paid a lot for airport parking, ski lift tickets and rentals, airport shuttles, disney and busch gardens tickets, and some souvenirs. not sure what of that showed up in 'travel', but less than 20% of it seems low...

There's a sale going on for 20% off typical rate for Landend giftcard (also can be used at Sears, Kmart)

Just FYI:
This month I transferred my points from UR -> SW Rapid Rewards under 1:1 conversion. However I booked a flight with "wanna getaway" option with Rapid Rewards point, it is almost like 1.6 cents/point.

His quote for points and miles is very competative. Would love to know a few people who actually used him. He has a web site for what thats worth, and a telephone contact number. He says that he will pay me immediately with Chase Quickpay, so I am not sure what risk there is. With airline miles there is a certain level of trust, seeing that he controls your account for a while, so a couple references would be great. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help here.

PenFed Platinum card; 3% CB at grocery stores

Do GC purchases qualify?

Al3xK said:   Do GC purchases qualify?

But donuts don't qualify!

Q: How would they know the difference?
A; They don't know what you are buying!

Now go back and finsh eating your donuts!

Al3xK said:   Are there any cards out there still with unlimited Cash Back?
Is this the best place to ask? Really?

oops double post

I just did (3 days ago) a $1500 transaction with him and had no problems. It's a little wierd that he has my United account number and password now, but thats unavoidable with whomever you use. He paid me in advance, so I guess thats more than fair. I sold less miles than I have in my account, so I guess there is some risk on my part. He is assuming the most risk, however, paying me in full before he uses any miles. Not sure why we haven't heard of this guy more in this ad other furums. Hope this helps. BTW we used chase quickpay.

the transfer is immediate, but it takes one day to hit yor checking account if it's over $500. Hope that helps.

blackie7955 said:   I just did (3 days ago) a $1500 transaction with him and had no problems. It's a little wierd that he has my United account number and password now, but thats unavoidable with whomever you use. He paid me in advance, so I guess thats more than fair. I sold less miles than I have in my account, so I guess there is some risk on my part. He is assuming the most risk, however, paying me in full before he uses any miles. Not sure why we haven't heard of this guy more in this ad other furums. Hope this helps. BTW we used chase quickpay.

Not saying the guy can't be trusted, but you should really change your account passwords after the transaction is complete!

Thanks Blackie!
That helps a lot!

steve1jr said:   blackie7955 said:   I just did (3 days ago) a $1500 transaction with him and had no problems. It's a little wierd that he has my United account number and password now, but thats unavoidable with whomever you use. He paid me in advance, so I guess thats more than fair. I sold less miles than I have in my account, so I guess there is some risk on my part. He is assuming the most risk, however, paying me in full before he uses any miles. Not sure why we haven't heard of this guy more in this ad other furums. Hope this helps. BTW we used chase quickpay.

Not saying the guy can't be trusted, but you should really change your account passwords after the transaction is complete!

Are you not opening up your overall Chase Credit Card account(s) for any usage during this time? Keep in mind Chase has multiple personal accts accessed through a single userid/PW (except for business). No concerns about that type of access, not just to your Ultimate Rewards (PW is forced to be the same)? How long did they have control of your account and did they just "Combine Points" with another account to clear out the portion you agreed to?

Just curious if anyone knows why they need this step vs. others who will give you a 16 digit account # with their last name?

You can have Chase merge your business and personal online accounts.

Caryite said:   steve1jr said:   blackie7955 said:   I just did (3 days ago) a $1500 transaction with him and had no problems. It's a little wierd that he has my United account number and password now, but thats unavoidable with whomever you use. He paid me in advance, so I guess thats more than fair. I sold less miles than I have in my account, so I guess there is some risk on my part. He is assuming the most risk, however, paying me in full before he uses any miles. Not sure why we haven't heard of this guy more in this ad other furums. Hope this helps. BTW we used chase quickpay.

Are you not opening up your overall Chase Credit Card account(s) for any usage during this time? Keep in mind Chase has multiple personal accts accessed through a single userid/PW (except for business). No concerns about that type of access, not just to your Ultimate Rewards (PW is forced to be the same)? How long did they have control of your account and did they just "Combine Points" with another account to clear out the portion you agreed to?

Just curious if anyone knows why they need this step vs. others who will give you a 16 digit account # with their last name?

i sold some miles from multiple accounts this week. i had MR, United, and CSP UR points (mine and spouse) from recent bonuses and the cash is more important than travel right now. i found a good rate at shlomosmiles, but there are quite a few mile brokers out there. if you're in a city, you could probably arrange a deal locally. in that case you might go to their office and do everything in person. Alex at shlomo's was responsive and easy to communicate with via email and phone. they had the best published rates and 1 FWFer has used them before.

the process went something like this.
1. i changed all my usernames and passwords to an easy to remember ..
2. arranged price/mile via email.
3. sent a confirmation email with usernames and passwords
4. Alex sent quickpay payment immediately upon receiving the confirmation email
5. he has access to the accounts for a day or two while he's moving the miles
6. i send quickpay payment to my external account
7. when he's done i change all the usernames and pws to something more complicated

MDfive21 said:   
i sold some miles from multiple accounts this week. i had MR, United, and CSP UR points (mine and spouse) from recent bonuses and the cash is more important than travel right now. i found a good rate at shlomosmiles, but there are quite a few mile brokers out there. if you're in a city, you could probably arrange a deal locally. in that case you might go to their office and do everything in person. Alex at shlomo's was responsive and easy to communicate with via email and phone. they had the best published rates and 1 FWFer has used them before.

the process went something like this.
1. i changed all my usernames and passwords to an easy to remember ..
2. arranged price/mile via email.
3. sent a confirmation email with usernames and passwords
4. Alex sent quickpay payment immediately upon receiving the confirmation email
5. he has access to the accounts for a day or two while he's moving the miles
6. i send quickpay payment to my external account
7. when he's done i change all the usernames and pws to something more complicated

I went back to Best Miles Brokers as others have noted a few pages back. Yes, the rates weren't as high as shlomo's, but I'm not turning over access to CCs and CLs way more than what the difference in value I was going to get for cashing in points to that degree.

Best Miles Brokers had it all done in 15 min (PP in advance) and the rate was north of 1.4cpp after the PP fees. I figured the difference was worth it to me for the quickness and piece of mind (proven quantity in prior transfers I've done). Thanks.

jaytrader said:   You can have Chase merge your business and personal online accounts.

Thanks, but I was trying to do exactly the opposite within personal accounts. A no go from them.

MDfive21 said:    he has access to the accounts for a day or two while he's moving the miles

Why does he need 1+ days to access the accounts? That's not good. Only a few minutes are enough.

is Rewards2Cash.com legit? i have 100k points = $1330 cash, not bad?

Is money you get from Rewards2Cash taxable?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.