• 1 234524
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi, long time lurker here. You guys are a wealth of knowledge. Just wanted to get your expert opinion on something.

Recently, a friend invited me to an Invado International Inc, led by CEO Damon Mintz, meeting at his home. I declined the offer after he told me about it and sent me some videos since I smelled that it was a big time scam. I'm sure it's the usual MLM pyramid scam but I just wanted to get some second opinions on it.

Here's some info of what Invado "sells":

1.) They're in the energy market for the states that are unregulated.
2.) They sell some lame tablet.
3.) They started a group buying coupon site called "Daily Referral", much like Groupon and Living Social.

To be a customer is free.

Independent Representative is $499 (Red Flag 1)
There is also a $29 monthly fee for a business monthly kit. (Red Flag 2)

Their website is: http://www.invadoinc.com/
A sister website with a few videos at: http://www.invadokingdombuilders.com/

And a youtube video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBgFERhusCU&feature=youtu.be

Like I said I just want some second opinions about it. I hate to see a friend fall for a scam like this. Thank you.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
"founder with great MLM acumen" is another way of saying "serial con artist".

swandown (Oct. 15, 2013 @ 9:31p) |

If you are searching kevin rosers background don't forget portage county Ohio as well (more crimes there) he embezzled a... (more)

bamsales (Dec. 25, 2013 @ 11:14p) |

If you are searching kevin rosers background don't forget portage county Ohio as well (more crimes there) he embezzled a... (more)

bamsales (Dec. 25, 2013 @ 11:14p) |

SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!

Referdia is allegedly a scam within the alleged Invado scam.

if anyone feels like throwing up, here's a pep rally piece by Co-Founder Andre Maronian and snake oil salesman VP Carlos Rey for the INVADO SCAM. all fluff, no substance:

Text 

some classic red flags:

5:30 Andre compares watching a movie you liked to signing up for the INVADO SCAM

10:00 Andre tells his followers to be like Napoleon and "burn the boats" and commmit to flushing money down the toilet

15:00 Carlos Rey capitalizes on religious beliefs of the crowd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlos Rey, VP of Invado arrested 6 months ago:

Mug Shot 

edit: Carlos Rey is paying to remove his entries from for profit arrest sites. His arrest record can still be found at the Miami dade court website, and Carlos cannot remove those entries. To see his record, go here:

https://www2.miami-dadeclerk.com/cjis/mobile/CaseSearch.aspx

then search by defendant and enter his name. His results are the one with the 6/12/1959 birthdate.

according to Miami Dade county, he was also arrested back in 2008 for the following charges:

1 COCAINE/POSSESSION FELONY
2 DRUG PARAPHERNA/POSN MISDEMEANOR
3 TAMPER/PHYS EVIDENCE FELONY
4 RESIST OFF W/O VIOL MISDEMEANOR

ALL ARREST CHARGES from 2008 till now:

1 COCAINE/POSSESSION FELONY
2 DRUG PARAPHERNA/POSN MISDEMEANOR
3 TAMPER/PHYS EVIDENCE FELONY
4 RESIST OFF W/O VIOL MISDEMEANOR
1 ASSAULT/AGG/LEO FELONY
2 FLEE/ELUDE PO FELONY
3 RESIST OFF W/VIOL FELONY
4 BATTERY/POL/FIRE/INT FELONY
5 BATTERY/POL/FIRE/INT FELONY
6 COCAINE/POSSESSION FELONY
5 RESIST OFF W/VIOL FELONY
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

An obvious network
Marketing /mlm scam

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   An obvious network
Marketing /mlm scam
I dunno, SIS... Did you see that ionic column? They seem pretty upscale and reputable.

Scam!

says on their home page

"The next generation of network marketing"

Obviously a scam.. If you google Invado scam, you get a bunch of blogs that 'tries' to shed a positive light on this scam. Funny thing is they all start with the same sentence: 'If you are reading this Invado International Review, than it is obvious that you are trying to discover far more information on the company...'

tchen811 said:   Obviously a scam.. If you google Invado scam, you get a bunch of blogs that 'tries' to shed a positive light on this scam. Funny thing is they all start with the same sentence: 'If you are reading this Invado International Review, than it is obvious that you are trying to discover far more information on the company...'
It's like they knew people would do a google search for "invade scam" so they set up a bunch of shill sites to confuse those searching

I hope when people google invado scam, it'll point to this FWF thread! HA!

edit: I think it worked! Google 'Invado International scam', we're number 4!

if you have to ask...it probably is.

It is a scam, but most of things are scams.

The question is if it is early enough to get in.

sunspotzsz said:   It is a scam, but most of things are scams.

The question is if it is early enough to get in.

The trick is to start your own...

Also:

Hello Fatwalleters,

Would you like to learn how to make $$$ from website referal affiliates?

For only $299 upfront + a $29 fee a month you can learn how.

If you sign up your friends you get 10% of their purchases as well.

Join LordBIntegratedNetworkBuzzwordInternationalNetworkMarketing today and start earning Mucho Much Many Tons Millions Billions $$$ Infinity Trillions!

Invado International is a MLM deal similar to Avon.

99% of the people will spend about $500 in signup fees, materials etc and make maybe $20-$25.

1% of the people will spend abut $500 in signup fees, material etc and make maybe $100,000. These people are shown as examples to say "look...you could be this person".

Odds are better to spen the $500 on lotto tickets.

I have a simple metric to determine if something is a scam:
If you have to pay them for you to work for them, it's a scam.
How hard is that?

tchen811 said:   I hope when people google invado scam, it'll point to this FWF thread! HA!

edit: I think it worked! Google 'Invado International scam', we're number 4!

For those of you who know how search rankings work: to go from fourth to first, do we need to have more people mentioning the Invado scam? Does the thread need to get up to several pages or something?

Well, let's not be too quick to judge. Did you all do your homework first? You can't expect people who didn't do their homework to immediatly start making money. People who have already given up to a life of being a wage slave aren't going to appreciate the freedom of working from home in deregulated markets with very low barriers of entry. Do you know everytime you log on to google, or make a post on facebook, someone is making money? If you are willing to do your homework, you can learn a lot of ways on getting in on the information revolution with very low barriers of entry.

FKAKS, do you make your living from multilevel marketing by any chance?

does anyone know anything about LordBIntegratedNetworkBuzzwordInternationalNetworkMarketing? It sounds pretty good.

FKAKS said:   Well, let's not be too quick to judge. Did you all do your homework first? You can't expect people who didn't do their homework to immediatly start making money. People who have already given up to a life of being a wage slave aren't going to appreciate the freedom of working from home in deregulated markets with very low barriers of entry. Do you know everytime you log on to google, or make a post on facebook, someone is making money? If you are willing to do your homework, you can learn a lot of ways on getting in on the information revolution with very low barriers of entry.

I hope this was written ironically.

A friend introduced me to5linx.com. i wonder if that's a scam too. it acts like multi level marketing.

diamente said:   A friend introduced me to5linx.com. i wonder if that's a scam too. it acts like multi level marketing.

pretty sure they are related, if not the same company. Even their websites looks like the same format... stay away!

If it's a business you learn about in a "meeting" at a friend's home, it's probably a scam.

If most of the money comes from selling the "business opportunity" rather than selling an underlying product, then you're in pyramid land.

And if this was really about selling the product, your friends wouldn't be having meetings at their homes to sell you the business opportunity.

I have seen a few selling actual products.

lizardbrn said:   I have seen a few selling actual products.
That's how these mlm schemes avoid being called a pyramid scheme. ...some worthless product pimping keep it legal, but doesn't change the fact that the bottom rung salesmen pay for the upper level salaries

Didn't the poor dad, poorer dad guy recommend join MLM scams as a good way to make money by ripping off your friends?

INVADO... sounds like a Frisco gonzo series.

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   lizardbrn said:   I have seen a few selling actual products.
That's how these mlm schemes avoid being called a pyramid scheme. ...some worthless product pimping keep it legal, but doesn't change the fact that the bottom rung salesmen pay for the upper level salaries

Sounds like real life ...

In real life non mlm sales jobs, the salesmen aren't buying the product themselves . Salesmen sell to others and have no cost of their own

. In an mlm it's the bottom rung salesmen who spend their own money, which benefits their upline

I'm so tired of these mlm companies advertising like they are real jobs. STOP WASTING PEOPLES TIME WHO ARE LOOKING FOR REAL WORK. such bs. My advice on this is if your email back has nine links with videos and is two pages long with your name pasted on top.....ITS A SCAM

vgsands said:   I'm so tired of these mlm companies advertising like they are real jobs. STOP WASTING PEOPLES TIME WHO ARE LOOKING FOR REAL WORK. such bs. My advice on this is if your email back has nine links with videos and is two pages long with your name pasted on top.....ITS A SCAM

Google search pointing people to this thread and showing it is a scam is working. 1st newbie has arrived, wait for the flood of followers.

vgsands said:   I'm so tired of these mlm companies advertising like they are real jobs. STOP WASTING PEOPLES TIME WHO ARE LOOKING FOR REAL WORK. such bs. My advice on this is if your email back has nine links with videos and is two pages long with your name pasted on top.....ITS A SCAM

Right
A real job does not make you spend your own money.

They try to twist it and say it's like "starting your own business" to make you comfortable with the idea of spending your own money, but it is not a job and the whole business model is based on taking money from these new recruits and giving it to their upline.

I can't wait for the band of shills to arrive!

I left a V.P. job to start selling Merchant Services independently. Invested more than $500 but now make much more than I ever did working as a wage slave and can take time off any time I want. If you have networking or actual sales skills, seems to me you should succeed. How is this opportunity any different than the success of Groupon?

hunterranger said:   I left a V.P. job to start selling Merchant Services independently. Invested more than $500 but now make much more than I ever did working as a wage slave and can take time off any time I want. If you have networking or actual sales skills, seems to me you should succeed. How is this opportunity any different than the success of Groupon?Kill yourself.

Quikboy4 said:   I can't wait for the band of shills to arrive!

Took 4 weeks. Jeez this place is slipping when it can't even attract a decent number of shills/trolls.

If it is a scam, how are the offering somethhing for free? I would appreciate if you did your homework before you commented on this forum. I dont see you referring to Group or Living Social as a scam. I certainly would not want to be your friend asking for your opinion.

BEEFjerKAY said:   Quikboy4 said:   I can't wait for the band of shills to arrive!

Took 4 weeks. Jeez this place is slipping when it can't even attract a decent number of shills/trolls.

Maybe if we add more
scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam......
s

twistedsciene said:   I am sure you have a job. Ask your BOSS if your job is a SCAM...LOL. See if he doesn't fire you or better yet just tell you to go back to work.

I don't pay my boss to come into the office. and SHE would likely say "haha, that's funny" you don't know my boss very well....

Skipping 885 Messages...
If you are searching kevin rosers background don't forget portage county Ohio as well (more crimes there) he embezzled about 400,000 out of a bank and bank teller went to jail for it. (he was dating her at the time) he has had about 4 wives and a child or two out of wedlock. he promotes that he has four children when in reality his girlfriend (maybe he really married her) has two boys he proclaims to be his while his biological children never here from him. He was in constant trouble with child support agency for never paying for his children yet would dress up and show off his make believe family. He spent 3 years in PRISON for theft in the 90's. He was arrested numerous times for domestic violence and likes to use "biblical" names for his business start up and failures. If his lips are moving he is not telling the truth.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014