• 1 234518
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Saw this over at SD.

http://www.nflextrapoints.com/

Redeemable for statement credit on purchases >$25 within the first 90 days, so it looks like you will have to spend 200 to get it back. No annual fee. 4% BT, so really only good for the signup bonus.

I have never applied for a Barclaycard so I don't know about the type of credit pull.

Member Summary

NFL Barclay Card
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Be sure to check your email, I got an offer today of 20,000 bonus points on my existing NFL mastercard if I spend $500 i... (more)

Ch4NewsTeam (Dec. 27, 2012 @ 1:11p) |

They round up to whole dollar amounts

$215.47 will need 21600 pts
$215.43 will need 21600 pts

Make a $214.01-$215.00 purcha... (more)

jatan1986 (Dec. 27, 2012 @ 2:52p) |

Thanks Jatan!

newbietx (Dec. 27, 2012 @ 8:58p) |

New $200 link

http://www.nflextrapoints.com/mvt25/?campaignId=1571&cellNumber=...

If you are concerned and want to verify what BONUS points you will get WITHOUT dealing with knowledge-less phone reps:

Click on the "REWARDS" tab.
Click on PROGRAM OVERVIEW in the dropdown

It should say "20000 points on first use" at the bottom.

No annual fee

Reconsideration line is 866-369-1283

Bonus Points: Cardmembers will receive one time bonus award of twenty thousand (20,000) NFL Extra Points after the first time their NFL Extra Points credit card is used to make an initial Purchase or Balance Transfer. These Bonus Points will be posted within approximately thirty days after the qualifying transaction. Use of Balance Transfer Checks or convenience checks will not qualify for any bonus points. From time to time, we may offer bonuses or points or other premiums to new NFL Extra Points Cardmembers. Unless otherwise stated in the offer, these bonuses and/or awards are intended for persons who are not, and have not previously been, NFL Extra Points credit card members with BarclayCard. You understand and agree that, unless we otherwise state, you are no longer eligible to receive these bonuses and/or awards for any new NFL Extra Points credit card accounts you open after your first account with BarclayCard is opened. If you receive a bonus or award for which you are not eligible, we may revoke the bonus or award, or reduce your points by the amount of the award, or charge your account for the fair value of the bonus or award, at our option.

3. Redemption Options: Cardmembers may redeem Points for a variety of rewards including NFL gift cards, certain NFL merchandise, NFL collectibles, NFL based experiences, and Cash Back via a statement credit towards any purchase transactions of $25 or more that posted to your account within the last 90 days.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Looks pretty good, I redeemed extrapoints for a ipod in the past with no problem. instant approval!

I have a US Airways Card with them which is about due for the annual fee. Since it is little used, I will probably cancel unless they will waive the fee.

I was wondering whether applying for this card right after the other was closed would hurt my chances (or possibly help them). If approved, does anyone know if they would be receptive to request to combine the credit limits.

While I am not a football fan, the card appears to have some football related special benefits (special briefing, better access to tickets, etc.) that might be appreciated by those who are.

They were reporting a TU pull on SD. I will let you know tomorrow for sure when I do my daily monitoring report. Did 2 household accounts...instantly approved.

I will probably do a single 200 purchase on each. Apparently, you will be able to click those purchases online and request the statement credit.

Looks like I will be buying 8 - $25 gift cards

Got approved for 2, thanks OP!!!!

ProfessorEd said:   I have a US Airways Card with them which is about due for the annual fee. Since it is little used, I will probably cancel unless they will waive the fee.

I was wondering whether applying for this card right after the other was closed would hurt my chances (or possibly help them). If approved, does anyone know if they would be receptive to request to combine the credit limits.

While I am not a football fan, the card appears to have some football related special benefits (special briefing, better access to tickets, etc.) that might be appreciated by those who were.

I canceled my US Airways card last month but I did get approved for this one. So I don't think that will hurt your chances.

BNizzle said:   4% BT, so really only good for the signup bonus.
Approved!

Not that it really matters: stated in the T&C for the first 15 billing cycles, 0% APR on BT, 3% BT fee.

Approved. Thanks!

"20,000 Bonus Points after first purchase, redeemable for exclusive NFL experiences or $200 off your purchases.

Redemption Options: Cardmembers may redeem Points for a variety of rewards including NFL gift cards, certain NFL merchandise, NFL collectibles, NFL based experiences, and Cash Back via a statement credit towards any purchase transactions of $25 or more that posted to your account within the last 90 days."

So you get 20,000 points after first purchase but can only request the redemption(Statement Credit) to the purchase that is >=$25?

jtclin said:   
So you get 20,000 points after first purchase but can only request the redemption(Statement Credit) to the purchase that is >=$25?

That is correct.

That is what it sounds like....you can make multiple purchases to get to the 200 eligible for a statement credit, but each purchase has to be greater than 25 from my understanding. Still, I would just buy a gift card for 200 and request the statement credit on that. KISS.

maddybeagle said:   That is what it sounds like....you can make multiple purchases to get to the 200 eligible for a statement credit, but each purchase has to be greater than 25 from my understanding. Still, I would just buy a gift card for 200 and request the statement credit on that. KISS.

Should buy a $202.02 gift card to maximise(1% of 202.02 is 2.02 + 200 bonus = 202.02)

Also anyone apply who already has a barclay card recently (ie Priceline)?

approved for 7500! thanks

motsuka said:   maddybeagle said:   That is what it sounds like....you can make multiple purchases to get to the 200 eligible for a statement credit, but each purchase has to be greater than 25 from my understanding. Still, I would just buy a gift card for 200 and request the statement credit on that. KISS.

Should buy a $202.02 gift card to maximise(1% of 202.02 is 2.02 + 200 bonus = 202.02)

Is %1 for the Gift Card purchasing fee?

Hard pull?

love4money said:   Hard pull? From what I have seen on other sites. Transunion hard pull

Transunion helps as many have blemished records with Experian regarding inquiries. No brainer about this deal, $200 easily scored makes it worth the hard pull.

motsuka said:   maddybeagle said:   That is what it sounds like....you can make multiple purchases to get to the 200 eligible for a statement credit, but each purchase has to be greater than 25 from my understanding. Still, I would just buy a gift card for 200 and request the statement credit on that. KISS.

Hilarious...no place on earth like FW where nothing is left on the table.We shall see if they credit like that. Some issuers will only credit on even increments like 25 and 50 dollars. I just took a credit on my BOA biz card and had to leave 40 cents.

you guys going to close out the card or keep it open? Seems like no annual fee?

Thanks, OP.

You think my wife can get one too (same household)?

o duh, looks like it worked for maddybeagle

Darn my large BoA 0% balance, was rejected with 700 credit score. Thinking of paying it off and seeing if they'll reassess me.

dawhim said:   approved for 7500! thanks

Ditto!

Instant approved for $5000. Thanks OP!!

No instant approval for me. Will need to check with them tomorrow

$2,800 here. Thanks OP

I also got instant approval for $2800. This is my 1st Barclay card.

Me and the wife are in. $7000 & $7500 CL's respectively. Apparently I already had an account with them but I don't remember where from. EmigrantDirect maybe?

OK how about we have a contest for lowest CL? I got $250, who can beat it?!

Also, do these reward points get taxed?

dealmaster00 said:   OK how about we have a contest for lowest CL? I got $250, who can beat it?!

Also, do these reward points get taxed?

Change your name to Mr. Vega$.

rickt86 said:   you guys going to close out the card or keep it open? Seems like no annual fee?Keep it open, closing a card quickly and losing the CL associated with the card will likely lower your credit score.

maddybeagle said:   motsuka said:   maddybeagle said:   That is what it sounds like....you can make multiple purchases to get to the 200 eligible for a statement credit, but each purchase has to be greater than 25 from my understanding. Still, I would just buy a gift card for 200 and request the statement credit on that. KISS.

Hilarious...no place on earth like FW where nothing is left on the table.We shall see if they credit like that. Some issuers will only credit on even increments like 25 and 50 dollars. I just took a credit on my BOA biz card and had to leave 40 cents.

"Earning Points: Cardmembers will receive one (1) NFL Extra Points Point for every one U.S. dollar ($1.00) of Net Purchases made on the Account rounded up or down to the nearest whole dollar amount for each transaction."

rickt86 said:   you guys going to close out the card or keep it open? Seems like no annual fee?

No annual fee. Will keep open.

johnnybs said:   rickt86 said:   you guys going to close out the card or keep it open? Seems like no annual fee?

No annual fee. Will keep open.

No value to the card. Close it. When in doubt, close to churn for next time and simplicity. No point in keeping unless you plan to keep for the long run.

$7500 here. First Barclay's card for me. Thanks OP, good find.

approved....7000

Thanks OP, one instant, one deferred.

Skipping 646 Messages...
Thanks Jatan!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014