• 123 4 510
  • Page
  • Text Only
Is this open to all the TDA brokerage account holder or is this a targeted offer?

adodotnet said:   Is this open to all the TDA brokerage account holder or is this a targeted offer?

I don't believe this is targeted. You must follow conditions of the offer to get $200.

adodotnet said:   Is this open to all the TDA brokerage account holder or is this a targeted offer?

It's right on their website. I don't think it's targeted.

drsauce said:   adodotnet said:   Is this open to all the TDA brokerage account holder or is this a targeted offer?

Targeted to only those who DON'T have a debit card or have used Bill pay in the past.

Thanks OP - just opened a TD Ameritrade account today and got this going. Much appreciated.

Anyone know if there's a time frame in which the charge an account closing fee? I made an account with them specifically for this deal.

johnnybs said:   drsauce said:   adodotnet said:   Is this open to all the TDA brokerage account holder or is this a targeted offer?

Targeted to only those who DON'T have a debit card or have used Bill pay in the past.

Haha. Fair enough.

sunspotzsz said:   Checks/Debit Card Application

Please check here to receive checks.

Please check here to receive a free VisaŽ debit card.
Note: To receive a debit card your account must be set up for checks. Foreign accounts and IRA accounts are not eligible for the Visa debit card.

Should I check on both? They did not mention if checks are free!

Anyone?

Do I really need to check the first one(receive checks) to get the $100 here? I think I will never use checks. If only Debit card is required then I am going to only check the 2nd box.

I did the bill pay, but it is not taking the money out of my total balance, did anyone else have this happen?

The money is taken out of the money market account the day after the bill payments were made.

had some trouble so far, got an email this morning saying they could not open the checking account for the debit card. Called up and found out my account was locked and they wanted my bank to verify the funds did go through and I owned account, this cost me about an hour playing phone tag with chase and ameritrade finally Ameritrade did conference in chase and everything got fixed. Also found out I had to reset up my bill pays, make sure you leave 4 days at least between funds posting and your first bill pay. Hopefully they figure out the debit card part, I am starting to get frustrated with the entire thing honestly. Everytime I call I feel like I am talking to a 19 year old stoner in southern California or British Columbia.

can anyone confirm there is no hard pull to the existing TDA brokerage account holder?

Why would they hard pull to let you use your own money?

We have been getting frequent phone calls from TDAmeritrade on getting to know us, wanting to learn our need, etc. One time is ok, two time is still tolerable, the third and fourth phone calls start to get our head spinning. We're getting both the phone calls from the 800 numbers and their local branches.

For those long timer TDAmeritrade Customers, any tips to opt us out of the phone calls? Any advise is appreciate.
Thanks.

ziffy said:   We have been getting frequent phone calls from TDAmeritrade on getting to know us, wanting to learn our need, etc. One time is ok, two time is still tolerable, the third and fourth phone calls start to get our head spinning. We're getting both the phone calls from the 800 numbers and their local branches.

For those long timer TDAmeritrade Customers, any tips to opt us out of the phone calls? Any advise is appreciate.
Thanks.
Perhaps send them a secure email? I've found them to be quite responsive.

Is this possible to double dip and do once for me and once for wife? Or is the offer limited to one per household?

Google Voice will solve telemarketing/"getting-to-know-you"/welcome call problems. When signing up, I gave them my Google Voice number. I program my GV account to only ring me on "preferred" numbers in my address book. Saved me tons of hours from dealing with their junk calls from the 20K Delta SkyPeso promo with Bosley from a few years ago. Yeap, ever since their hundreds, if not thousands of telemarketing sales calls, have gone straight into my Spam box!

Man, this caused a lot more trouble than I thought.

TD wants to verify with my bank for initial deposit. They want a letter from bank with bank's letter head. Pain in the ass!

sunspotzsz said:   Man, this caused a lot more trouble than I thought.

TD wants to verify with my bank for initial deposit. They want a letter from bank with bank's letter head. Pain in the ass!

Yep, I just posted about this. Also your bank wont give it to them, next they will 3 way call your bank.

ALSO!!!!

!!!THEY DO A HARD PULL ON YOUR CREDIT!!!!!!

It posted today, I see the hard pull on transunion, not sure about the other 2 because I only monitor Transunion!

INQUIRIES You have a new credit inquiry on your credit report submitted by ADV CLERING. Show More Feb. 10, 2012

02/09/2012 ACH Debit ADV CLEARING SEC TR 999624950000120 WEB ID: Y470533629 $500.00

yep matches!! Thats my funding of the account from my Chase account

Cmoz said:   Google Voice will solve telemarketing/"getting-to-know-you"/welcome call problems. When signing up, I gave them my Google Voice number. I program my GV account to only ring me on "preferred" numbers in my address book. Saved me tons of hours from dealing with their junk calls from the 20K Delta SkyPeso promo with Bosley from a few years ago. Yeap, ever since their hundreds, if not thousands of telemarketing sales calls, have gone straight into my Spam box!

Thanks for polluting their spam training filters. This is why I had to disable gmail spam filters; it flags way too many false positives.

The better way would be to give certain numbers to certain groups of people. Ideally, one number per contact would be best, but it's not really practical for POTS.

It appears that it is per account not per household. I have 13 old accounts with cash in them and i have applied for visa's for 5 of them.

rickt86 said:   INQUIRIES You have a new credit inquiry on your credit report submitted by ADV CLERING. Show More Feb. 10, 2012

02/09/2012 ACH Debit ADV CLEARING SEC TR 999624950000120 WEB ID: Y470533629 $500.00

I have a freeze on all of my reports i wonder if theyll prevent me from opening an account.

maddybeagle said:   Buckmann said:   OK, so I opened an account, funded it, and signed up for the checking, debit card and bill pay.
Today I see that my funding amount has been moved into an MMA.

Question 1: I entered the bill pay info for my first payee and set a pay date.
Do I have to move money out of the MMA to somewhere else or will TDA just pull it from the MMA?

Question 2: If my money is in an MMA, aren't I limited to 6 withdrawal transactions a month? What happens if I have more than six billpays, ATM withdrawals, checks written?

Confused...

Just setup the bill payments....and it will take the money from the sweep. Mine came out the next day. Here is my records:

02/09/2012 MONEY MARKET REDEMPTION 107.00

02/08/2012 Billpay -25.00
02/08/2012 Billpay -29.00
02/08/2012 Billpay -27.00
02/08/2012 Billpay -26.00

Question 2. This is not a money market bank account where you are limited to 6 transactions....it is a brokerage account where your money is sweep into money market funds.

Google is your friend

This is not working for me. Twice I have had my billpays cancelled on the day of the transaction due to insufficient funds. My money market balance has enough to cover the funds, but my cash balance says $0.00. I cannot find a way to transfer the money from Money Market to cash.

Thanks, Completed by Bill Pay, Now waiting for the Debit card. Its been a week and there is no response to Fax. Time to check with debit card application

I did two BillPay on Monday and they haven't cleared. I guess I need to wait until it reaches the payee before it withdraws my funds.

umafuaba said:   This is not working for me. Twice I have had my billpays cancelled on the day of the transaction due to insufficient funds. My money market balance has enough to cover the funds, but my cash balance says $0.00. I cannot find a way to transfer the money from Money Market to cash.
Works for me. Even though cash balance is initially 0, bill payments get sent, cash balance becomes negative, and money gets moved from MM the next business day to cover. I don't expect to see any margin interest for the day of the negative balance. I wonder, is your account setup for margin? What do you see under the "Cash Sweep Vehicle" tab in "Online Cash Services" -- is your MM setup as the "Cash Sweep Vehicle"?

foeplay said:   I did two BillPay on Monday and they haven't cleared. I guess I need to wait until it reaches the payee before it withdraws my funds.
Were those payments made by check? My electronic payments get deducted on the day of the payment.

Can I know if you opened a new brokerage account or if you are an existing brokerage account hoder?

rickt86 said:   INQUIRIES You have a new credit inquiry on your credit report submitted by ADV CLERING. Show More Feb. 10, 2012

olegos said:   umafuaba said:   This is not working for me. Twice I have had my billpays cancelled on the day of the transaction due to insufficient funds. My money market balance has enough to cover the funds, but my cash balance says $0.00. I cannot find a way to transfer the money from Money Market to cash.
Works for me. Even though cash balance is initially 0, bill payments get sent, cash balance becomes negative, and money gets moved from MM the next business day to cover. I don't expect to see any margin interest for the day of the negative balance. I wonder, is your account setup for margin? What do you see under the "Cash Sweep Vehicle" tab in "Online Cash Services" -- is your MM setup as the "Cash Sweep Vehicle"?

foeplay said:   I did two BillPay on Monday and they haven't cleared. I guess I need to wait until it reaches the payee before it withdraws my funds.
Were those payments made by check? My electronic payments get deducted on the day of the payment.

Current Cash sweep vehicle: FDIC INSURED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT IDA02 NOT COVERED BY SIPC

Available cash sweep vehicle options: TD Ameritrade Cash and FDIC INSURED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT IDA

My account is not a margin account, but I didn't realize it had to be in order to enroll in billpay or qualify for the promotion. I think those that are receiving a hard pull have signed up for a margin account.

umafuaba said:   Current Cash sweep vehicle: FDIC INSURED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT IDA02 NOT COVERED BY SIPC

Available cash sweep vehicle options: TD Ameritrade Cash and FDIC INSURED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT IDA

This is what I have too. I too wouldn't think margin would be necessary to pay bills from available funds. One more thing to check, on "Deposit/Withdraw" screen (under "Accounts" tab), check what it shows as "Available cash for withdrawal". It should include your MM balance, and this amount should be available for bill pays. If your bill pays are within that, and don't go through, give them a call and see what's wrong. (My guess is there's a hold on initial deposit so it wasn't available for withdrawals when you tried your bill pays.)

olegos said:   umafuaba said:   Current Cash sweep vehicle: FDIC INSURED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT IDA02 NOT COVERED BY SIPC

This is what I have too. I too wouldn't think margin would be necessary to pay bills from available funds. One more thing to check, on "Deposit/Withdraw" screen (under "Accounts" tab), check what it shows as "Available cash for withdrawal". It should include your MM balance, and this amount should be available for bill pays. If your bill pays are within that, and don't go through, give them a call and see what's wrong. (My guess is there's a hold on initial deposit so it wasn't available for withdrawals when you tried your bill pays.)
I ran into this problem as well when trying to use billpay for the first time. The response to my secure email was that the funds were held for 3 biz days.

umafuaba said:   

Nope, one was to AMEX and one was to Discover. Oh well, hopefully by tomorrow

was a new account i opened and got hard pulled on

I see your not reading all the posts on this page

adodotnet said:   can anyone confirm there is no hard pull to the existing TDA brokerage account holder?

I had an existing margin and option account, so far no hard pull.

sunspotzsz said:   Man, this caused a lot more trouble than I thought.

Not sure if we are in the same boat. However, this is the Email that I received:

At TD Ameritrade, the security of your account is a top priority.
Recently, a bank account was added to your TD Ameritrade account.
Unfortunately, we are unable to confirm the bank account was added
by you. Our account security rules do not allow us to process
transactions to this bank account until we confirm with you that
this account is authorized. Therefore, we have had to place a
restriction on the newly added bank account

We apologize for any inconvenience, but this policy is in place to
protect your account.

Until this restriction is removed, you will be unable to make fund
transfers to that account. Please see our

[BLAH BLAH BLAH] etc...
--------------------------------------------

There is no way I would ever be able to get ETrade Bank to provide that letter. Oddly, I can PULL money from ETrade to TDA to fund my account. The restriction is only on PUSH to ETrade Bank. No problem, as I can just use the debit card, a paper check or bill pay when the time comes to remove all but .01 from TDA.

I've had that happen to me a few times. It seems TD requires verbal confirmation for an outgoing transfer to a new outside bank the first time. Call TD's customer service and they will take care of it for you. After that future transfers should go off without a hitch.

I actually got to the part with funding when accidentally closed the browser. Tried going back and was able to log into an account, seems like it was created. But anything I go to try and link a bank account it says the service is down at the moment and to try again later, I did this yesterday and just now its still down. I never received any welcome emails either. I tried to sign my wife up but they said they couldn't verify her SSN and didn't give her the option to fund by ACH, instead it printed out an application for her to sign. I guess with hers I'll have to just mail in a check.

So far the signup process has been less than ideal but I'm willing to give TDA a shot.

I got the debit card in the mail today and you need the pin to activate. I assume that one will come in the mail soon after.

maddybeagle said:   I got the debit card in the mail today and you need the pin to activate. I assume that one will come in the mail soon after.I, too, received the debit card (on 2/13/12) for my 2/8/12 billpay/debit card signup. No pin, yet.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014