• Text Only
Does anyone have experience taking advantage of both the $50 individual referrals and promos like the two in this thread? I'm wondering if they would pay them all out or take ING's restrictive stance on paying out one or the other.

larkin said:   I've had that happen to me a few times. It seems TD requires verbal confirmation for an outgoing transfer to a new outside bank the first time. Call TD's customer service and they will take care of it for you. After that future transfers should go off without a hitch.Yes, this happened to me on two different accounts. The first transfer had to be confirmed verbally even after verifying the trial deposits. It was weird.

maddybeagle said:   I got the debit card in the mail today and you need the pin to activate. I assume that one will come in the mail soon after.
Debt card & PIN were 4 days apart.

**Offer valid for TD Ameritrade pre-selected clients who sign up for a TD Ameritrade VisaŽ debit card and/or bill pay by 3/31/12

The offer page now reads "Offer valid for TD Ameritrade pre-selected clients who sign up for a TD Ameritrade VisaŽ debit card and/or bill pay by 3/31/12".

They sent me, already a client, an email advertising these new cash services that contained a link to a page that is identical to the one the OP linked except that there is no offer.

Has Ameritrade added the qualifier "pre-selected" since the original post? Unknown, but it seems clear now that they do not intend this offer to be for everybody.

I just sent my last billpay, but no longer expecting to get any bonus. Sigh, at least I didn't get a hard pull (knock on wood)

I saved the screen shot that was posted earlier in this thread and yes that is new language. I will go ahead and make the debit card purchases since that is the only loop left to jump and if don't get the bonus, will complain with a copy of the original offer.

maddybeagle said:   I saved the screen shot that was posted earlier in this thread and yes that is new language. I will go ahead and make the debit card purchases since that is the only loop left to jump and if don't get the bonus, will complain with a copy of the original offer.

Can you please attach the screenshot to this thread? Thanks.

It is attached....see earlier in the thread.

Can you post the screenshot here? I would love to have one. Man FW and SD effects! I bet they have seen a flood of applications in the few days.

maddybeagle said:   I saved the screen shot that was posted earlier in this thread and yes that is new language. I will go ahead and make the debit card purchases since that is the only loop left to jump and if don't get the bonus, will complain with a copy of the original offer.

Previous Offer Terms
Disclaimer
From earlier in the thread....Although, it does say they have a right to restrict the offer at any time. I am going forward with the argument that if you signed up for both the billpay and debit card before the terms changed, you should get the bonus.

maddybeagle said:   From earlier in the thread....Although, it does say they have a right to restrict the offer at any time. I am going forward with the argument that if you signed up for both the billpay and debit card before the terms changed, you should get the bonus.

I'm Wit Ya! Just spent 30 minutes getting payments in place, now I'm late for an appointment - I better get my $200 bucks.

I just got my debit card (no hard pull) and checks, so I'm still going to go through with this and pray I get my bonus

Confirmed -- no hard pulls for me on any of the 3 bureaus. Note that I already had an Ameritrade solo 401(k), so only the investment cash account was new.

-mike

mindbowels said:   Is the website very broken since last night for anyone else? Trying to set up ACH or trying to get the debit card gives a message "We're sorry, but the our system that provides information about your external accounts is not available. Please try again later."

use msft explorer

As a regular customer, I am glad they caught on to this and shut out any exploitation of the deal.

germanpope said:   As a regular customer, I am glad they caught on to this and shut out any exploitation of the deal.

I, for one, had been thinking about signing up for TD Ameritrade and this offer tipped the scale for me. If they try to reneg on it, its not going to leave me a happy customer and I'll be taking my business elsewhere. If they wanted this offer to be for certain customers only, they should have said that from the start. I never would have signed up. I don't view this as "exploitation of the deal." I see it more as "TD Ameritrade should have thought about who it wanted to target with this offer ahead of time and communicated that fact clearly to everyone." There is a reason for fine print.

ThiftySpender said:   germanpope said:   As a regular customer, I am glad they caught on to this and shut out any exploitation of the deal.

I, for one, had been thinking about signing up for TD Ameritrade and this offer tipped the scale for me. If they try to reneg on it, its not going to leave me a happy customer and I'll be taking my business elsewhere. If they wanted this offer to be for certain customers only, they should have said that from the start. I never would have signed up. I don't view this as "exploitation of the deal." I see it more as "TD Ameritrade should have thought about who it wanted to target with this offer ahead of time and communicated that fact clearly to everyone." There is a reason for fine print.

so our opinions differ

as far as you taking you business elsewhere, the last thing any marketing department should be worried about is whether the FWF crowd is upset over deal exploit lol!

germanpope said:   ThiftySpender said:   germanpope said:   As a regular customer, I am glad they caught on to this and shut out any exploitation of the deal.

so our opinions differ

as far as you taking you business elsewhere, the last thing any marketing department should be worried about is whether the FWF crowd is upset over deal exploit lol!

If your not good enough to be targeted for the deal now, how will you feel??

germanpope said:   

so our opinions differ

Are you kidding? FWF customers are probably pretty decent customers, with large investment balances. Sure, they might not be in their highest fee mutual funds, but they'll probably take what they can get. There's always the opportunity to upsell and there is always profit from trading.

set up and paid my pg&e bill last week, the status is "completed" on TD's side, the PG&E side has not received it one week later.
who is responsible in case of delayed or missing payment?

I'm showing -$100 cash and $200 Money market. Is that going to automatically update or do I need to do something? The transfer between TD accounts option is blank. My debit card was declined last night I'm assuming due to that.

mattun said:   I'm showing -$100 cash and $200 Money market. Is that going to automatically update or do I need to do something? The transfer between TD accounts option is blank. My debit card was declined last night I'm assuming due to that.

Yes, it will get updated without you having to move money.

Mine is showing -50 dollars in my cash account after using my debit card at Aldi. No problems with using my card. It is just like with the bill payment. It will automatically move money from the MM sweep to cover probably in the next day.

The remaining 3 transactions for the promo, I paid my phone bill in 3-10 dollar amounts.

My debit card and checks arrived yesterday, and the PIN arrived today. Had to pick up some groceries anyway, so I just ran through 4 transactions between $11 and $15. We'll see what happens regarding the bonuses.

Response to my secure message about payment of the bonuses:

Your account is coded for the promotion for bill pay and debit card transactions. You have until March 31, 2011 to complete. TD Ameritrade will pay this bonus the first week of April. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

kjgco said:   Response to my secure message about payment of the bonuses:

Your account is coded for the promotion for bill pay and debit card transactions. You have until March 31, 2011 to complete. TD Ameritrade will pay this bonus the first week of April. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Did you get a special email inviting you to the promo?

billionen said:   kjgco said:   Response to my secure message about payment of the bonuses:

Did you get a special email inviting you to the promo?
Yes, I did, but IIRC the $100x2 bonuses were displayed on their web site without needing a special link.

What a PITA this has been. I expected better service from a company like TDAA.

After opening my account I added an external bank to ACH money into. First they put a hold on that account and I got a message saying I had to call in a verify the account I was transferring money into TDAA from was mine.

After doing that I tried to use billpay and all billpaay attempts were cancelled due to "insufficient funds" even though the funds were there and marked "ready for trade/withdrawl" (tried to pay $25 with $125 in the account). I called in about that and was told that their banking services department had put a restriction on the funds because my bank (Ally bank) had not cleared them. This is despite the fact that the transfer into the account was 2 weeks ago and the funds are labeled ready for trading/withdrawl. I argued and they transferred me to someone in the banking services department who says they see no restriction on my account at all and suspect there is a problem in their billpay system.

At this point I was fed up so I tried to withdraw my funds back to my bank account. I got a message saying that their security department required me to call in a verify I owned the external account (the same account I had to verify I owned to transfer money INTO my TDAA account).

What a nightmare!

jimmyrules712 said:   What a PITA this has been. I expected better service from a company like TDAA.

After opening my account I added an external bank to ACH money into. First they put a hold on that account and I got a message saying I had to call in a verify the account I was transferring money into TDAA from was mine.

After doing that I tried to use billpay and all billpaay attempts were cancelled due to "insufficient funds" even though the funds were there and marked "ready for trade/withdrawl" (tried to pay $25 with $125 in the account). I called in about that and was told that their banking services department had put a restriction on the funds because my bank (Ally bank) had not cleared them. This is despite the fact that the transfer into the account was 2 weeks ago and the funds are labeled ready for trading/withdrawl. I argued and they transferred me to someone in the banking services department who says they see no restriction on my account at all and suspect there is a problem in their billpay system.

At this point I was fed up so I tried to withdraw my funds back to my bank account. I got a message saying that their security department required me to call in a verify I owned the external account (the same account I had to verify I owned to transfer money INTO my TDAA account).

What a nightmare!

I'm going through all the same hoops, have been very disappointed so far.

02/22/2012 03:59:50 MONEY MARKET REDEMPTION 54.43
02/21/2012 19:42:43 ALDI -54.43

For folks questioning the debit card transactions....my above records are similar to how the billpay works...
Next day the money is redeemed from MM to cash automatically.

-

maddybeagle said:   You should have opened the account with the 500 that it noted as the min. funding. When I did that, I was able to billpay the same day and all of the money was available. More than likely, they are following up because you didn't follow procedures. You are causing your own problems.

There is no minimum to open the account. $500 is the minimum to do a same day expedited transfer. I followed completly normal procedures, just not the same ones you did.

As a thank you, if I do end up getting my $200 bonus I am going to invest it long using TD Ameritrade. I'm not too confident about this happening since I didn't get an email invite or anything.

jimmyrules712 said:   What a PITA this has been. I expected better service from a company like TDAA.

I got that hold too, even though I had verified the trial deposits. I was able to make that hold go away by setting the PIN in the account's profile (Home-->My Profile-->Personal Profile). I had never bothered with that PIN since I had no intention of using the phone IVR, which is what I thought the PIN was for. Once I did that the hold automagically lifted, without calling.

And yes, it's a PITA regardless.

jimmyrules712 said:   maddybeagle said:   You should have opened the account with the 500 that it noted as the min. funding. When I did that, I was able to billpay the same day and all of the money was available. More than likely, they are following up because you didn't follow procedures. You are causing your own problems.

There is no minimum to open the account. $500 is the minimum to do a same day expedited transfer. I followed completly normal procedures, just not the same ones you did.

Ok...anybody reading this as a public service announcement should open the account for the 500 rather than be a "devil customer" and looking to only add the min. (for 4-25 billpays and 4-10 dollar debits) after applying. It will save you a lot of work. Feel better now. I sure do.

It happened to me also. I did bill pay twice and both failed, due to "insufficient funds". I deposited money $500+ through ACH 2 weeks ago, and still failed. Secure email answer is very slow. Customer service is bad, so far.

How do you check that your money is currently on HOLD?

I funded with 200.00 over standard ACH and I had no problems.

I funded it with Ally bank, I wonder is it TDameritrade have problem with Ally Bank?

Funded with Wells Fargo, went through fine

I am too stupid!! I opened 2 TD bank checking in stead of TD Ameritrade accounts!!!!

Hey guys,
I made 4 credit card payments of 25-28 each between 2/13-2/16 and haven't gotten any bonuses yet. Is this normal? Also a few days before that I printed out the info and mailed it in to get a debit card, and haven't gotten one? The only thing I have managed to get is a hard pull...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014