• 12 3 4510
  • Page
  • Text Only
lorenzolama said:   For new account holder, is online bill pay available with zero cash balance? I am guessing I'll have to wait for the money to be deposited for me to be able to sign up for bill pay.You can sign up for bill pay, but must wait for the cash to be transferred to your TD account before you can request the bill payments.

anagoree said:   same question here for:

========================
Thanks OP. I have an individual and joint account so I'll do both. One question to make sure I don't get tripped up. My available cash is swept in a a money market fund; my "cash balance" is 0. Is this going to cause an overdraft if I use billpay or make a debit purchase? Do I need to move cash out of there before I do these things? Thanks.


I thought of this initially, so i tried to find transfer button (to move from mmkt to cash) but found none. I believe they are all under one account and sweeps automatically.

niniss said:   anagoree said:   same question here for:

========================
Thanks OP. I have an individual and joint account so I'll do both. One question to make sure I don't get tripped up. My available cash is swept in a a money market fund; my "cash balance" is 0. Is this going to cause an overdraft if I use billpay or make a debit purchase? Do I need to move cash out of there before I do these things? Thanks.


I thought of this initially, so i tried to find transfer button (to move from mmkt to cash) but found none. I believe they are all under one account and sweeps automatically.


It will automatically sweep.

johnnybs - thanks for confirming!

johnnybs said:   sherap2 said:   alik99 said:   easy setup
can even fax-in the application for debit card.
$500 minimum deposit kind of sucks. Also don't know when you can close the account and get money back.


I'm assuming your talking about opening an account just for this offer. $500 deposit is nothing to get back an easy $200.


OK maybe I'm missing something but were does it state you need a 500 deposit minimum? I don't see it on the offer page. Thanks

It is a 500 min. for the initial ACH when you fund it. You can send money in latter, but I was able to use the bill pay right away after doing the ACH.

To clarify if I have an existing Roth IRA with them I'll need to open a regular non-ira account first to be eligible?

nic3456 said:   To clarify if I have an existing Roth IRA with them I'll need to open a regular non-ira account first to be eligible?

Yes, per the T&C, IRA accounts aren't eligible.

nic3456 said:   To clarify if I have an existing Roth IRA with them I'll need to open a regular non-ira account first to be eligible?

How could pay bills or purchases from retirement account funds?

Got it wasn't clear if there was actually 2 separate accounts (a checking and a trading) or one just - sounds like its one, hence why the IRAs aren't eligible.

Thanks

Opened TD ameritrade Cash account, 30 mins work but everything done.

Zaos said:   Or mp dining.

Yeah, I was going to do that, but paying $25 at a restaurant I may or may not have gone to to get 750 miles isn't nearly as appealing to me as getting 5000 miles for just parking some money that wasn't doing much for me anyhow. And maybe I'll do some investing while I'm at it.

Chris.

New account opened & funded, bill pays complete, debit card app signed and faxed. $200 for about 25 minutes worth of work...not bad. Thanks OP!

Did you take the mile/SPG bonus when you opened your account?

twinboston said:   New account opened & funded, bill pays complete, debit card app signed and faxed. $200 for about 25 minutes worth of work...not bad. Thanks OP!

fuchl said:   Did you take the mile/SPG bonus when you opened your account?

twinboston said:   New account opened & funded, bill pays complete, debit card app signed and faxed. $200 for about 25 minutes worth of work...not bad. Thanks OP!


No, didn't have the $2000 minimum available to park for 9 months to qualify.

Thanks. Just want to make sure if we can take the both since the miles bonus fine print says "Not transferable and not valid for IRA or other tax-exempt accounts, internal transfers, current TD Ameritrade clients or with other offers".

twinboston said:   fuchl said:   Did you take the mile/SPG bonus when you opened your account?

twinboston said:   New account opened & funded, bill pays complete, debit card app signed and faxed. $200 for about 25 minutes worth of work...not bad. Thanks OP!


No, didn't have the $2000 minimum available to park for 9 months to qualify.

Anyone know if TDA sends out 1099s for airline miles like Citi has in the past?

LiquidSilver said:   Anyone know if TDA sends out 1099s for airline miles like Citi has in the past?DW and I did TDA Starwood promos a couple of years ago; no 1099s.

LiquidSilver said:   Anyone know if TDA sends out 1099s for airline miles like Citi has in the past?
It is very likely for this because it is not a discount on purchases. General rule of thumb is that with banks for banking products, you will get a 1099. If unsure, assume the conservative choice of assuming you'll be taxed.

ankitgu said:   LiquidSilver said:   Anyone know if TDA sends out 1099s for airline miles like Citi has in the past?
It is very likely for this because it is not a discount on purchases. General rule of thumb is that with banks for banking products, you will get a 1099. If unsure, assume the conservative choice of assuming you'll be taxed.
I'm curious as to how you came by this "rule of thumb." AFAIK, to this point this is a case of Citi acting unilaterally. Most banks haven't played the mileage game. The ones that have, e.g. Chase (Continental debit card), Key, Bank Direct (AA), did not issue 1099s. As for the brokerage firms, TD Ameritrade and Fidelity have offered mileage promos for years; I've yet to hear of either of them issuing a 1099 either.

I ended up a with a TU "hard pull" from "ADV CLERING" a couple days after faxing in my debit card application.

Google search ends up indicating "Advanced Clearing" works for TD Ameritrade.

maddybeagle said:   I ended up a with a TU "hard pull" from "ADV CLERING" a couple days after faxing in my debit card application.

Google search ends up indicating "Advanced Clearing" works for TD Ameritrade.


I want to think that this is b/c you opened a new account and not b/c you requested a debit card.

Probably...looking at the Flyer talk forums (threads over there indicating people apply for the ff miles) and also reporting a delayed hard pull. Still....200 bucks is worth it for a TU pull for me right now.

maddybeagle said:   Probably...looking at the Flyer talk forums (threads over there indicating people apply for the ff miles) and also reporting a delayed hard pull. Still....200 bucks is worth it for a TU pull for me right now. Well for most it's $150 or less due to taxes. But up to each person individually I suppose. For me I'm going to pass due to the hard pull

Sorry I'm still lost, I am going to open a new cash account. When it asks for the offer code, am I supposed to put in either OCSDBT100 or OCSBP100? There is only space for one offer code.

Surely one code is for the DBT (debit) card promo and the other is for the BP (bill pay) promo, and neither is for when you open the account. I got this email legitimately, it has the same codes, and I was offered no opportunity to enter the codes (the codes were only mentioned in the small print of the email, not in the instructions for fulfilling the offer). Take that FWIW.

naas said:   Surely one code is for the DBT (debit) card promo and the other is for the BP (bill pay) promo, and neither is for when you open the account. I got this email legitimately, it has the same codes, and I was offered no opportunity to enter the codes (the codes were only mentioned in the small print of the email, not in the instructions for fulfilling the offer). Take that FWIW.
Yeah I got the email and have an existing account
There is no place to enter the promo codes so I'm
Just saving screen captured and will complain if I don't get the bonus

Tda is pretty good about automatically crediting bonuses though

OK, so I opened an account, funded it, and signed up for the checking, debit card and bill pay.
Today I see that my funding amount has been moved into an MMA.

Question 1: I entered the bill pay info for my first payee and set a pay date.
Do I have to move money out of the MMA to somewhere else or will TDA just pull it from the MMA?

Question 2: If my money is in an MMA, aren't I limited to 6 withdrawal transactions a month? What happens if I have more than six billpays, ATM withdrawals, checks written?

Confused...

Buckmann said:   OK, so I opened an account, funded it, and signed up for the checking, debit card and bill pay.
Today I see that my funding amount has been moved into an MMA.

Question 1: I entered the bill pay info for my first payee and set a pay date.
Do I have to move money out of the MMA to somewhere else or will TDA just pull it from the MMA?

Question 2: If my money is in an MMA, aren't I limited to 6 withdrawal transactions a month? What happens if I have more than six billpays, ATM withdrawals, checks written?

Confused...


Just setup the bill payments....and it will take the money from the sweep. Mine came out the next day. Here is my records:

02/09/2012 MONEY MARKET REDEMPTION 107.00

02/08/2012 Billpay -25.00
02/08/2012 Billpay -29.00
02/08/2012 Billpay -27.00
02/08/2012 Billpay -26.00

Question 2. This is not a money market bank account where you are limited to 6 transactions....it is a brokerage account where your money is sweep into money market funds.

Google is your friend

^^ Thanks, MB!

GreedyEbayerApprentice said:   Opened TD ameritrade Cash account, 30 mins work but everything done.

I am a little confused here. I have a brokerage account with TD ameritrade already, and already have some cash in the money market account. Questions are
(1) Am I still qualified for this promotion?
(2) Do I need to oepn any cash account?If yes, what is it? I thought it's the bill pay and debit/visa card enrollments that will give us $100 each. Am I missing some thing?

Thanks.

I currently trade with TD Ameritrade but have my checking account with Schwab HY Checking. Any advantages of Schwab checking over this account? If not, I'll probably move checking over to TD.

bmir said:   I currently trade with TD Ameritrade but have my checking account with Schwab HY Checking. Any advantages of Schwab checking over this account? If not, I'll probably move checking over to TD.

With Schwab's checking account, the ATM card is fee free. This includes pulling out foreign currency- you get market rate with NO fees! Not sure about TD Ameritrade.

there is an FDIC type account sweep available as an option

there is no reason people should just look at this as just as a way to pick up some cash --- the Account itself my prove useful for a lot of people

also if you put your 100k+ 401k in there or do sufficient trading you can qualify for APEX status which eliminates a lot of fees on various things

the Customer Service I have received has been excellent --- 1000% times better than the mickey mouse outfits like BOA and even Citi in recent years

also I would add that in the past I wasn't interested in using this as a primary account for personal cash because much higher rates could be found elsewhere --- in a 0% rate environment, TDAmeritrade is a solid option

Is the website very broken since last night for anyone else? Trying to set up ACH or trying to get the debit card gives a message "We're sorry, but the our system that provides information about your external accounts is not available. Please try again later."

This BillPay interface is actually very nice & easy to use! Might switch to using this for those bills that require a good ole fashioned monthly paid-in-full-in-one-transaction

Thanks OP for the $200

adodotnet said:   GreedyEbayerApprentice said:   Opened TD ameritrade Cash account, 30 mins work but everything done.

I am a little confused here. I have a brokerage account with TD ameritrade already, and already have some cash in the money market account. Questions are
(1) Am I still qualified for this promotion?
(2) Do I need to oepn any cash account?If yes, what is it? I thought it's the bill pay and debit/visa card enrollments that will give us $100 each. Am I missing some thing?

Thanks.

Yes it is billpay and debit enrollment and usage which gets the promo. You don't have to open any accounts if you are existing customer

Can the account be funded with a CC?

TIA

^No credit card funding is offered.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014