• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Get $100 when you make four purchases (minimum $10 each) with your Visa debit card by 3/31.

Get $100 when you pay four bills (totaling at least $100) with online bill pay by 3/31.

https://www.tdameritrade.com/offer/cashoffer/home.html

*Offer valid for TD Ameritrade clients who sign up for a TD Ameritrade Visa® debit card and/or bill pay by 3/31/12. Clients who successfully sign up for the TD Ameritrade Visa® debit card and make 4 purchases valued at a minimum of $10 each by 3/31/12 will receive $100 cash. Clients who successfully enroll in TD Ameritrade’s bill pay service and pay 4 bills totaling $100 by 3/31/12 will receive $100 cash. Bill pay payments must be made to valid, third-party service providers or merchants. Any bill pay transactions prior to 1/15/12 will not be counted toward the offer. Offer is not transferable and not valid with IRAs or other tax-exempt accounts, accounts using the Amerivest service, or TD Ameritrade Institutional accounts. Offer not valid for existing debit card holders or bill pay users. ATM withdrawals do not qualify as valid purchases. Please allow 2-3 weeks from the date TD Ameritrade receives your request for Online Cash Services to receive your debit card. The $100 credits will be applied to the account 5-7 business days from offer end date of 3/31/12. Limit one debit card offer and one bill pay offer per account. TD Ameritrade reserves the right to restrict or revoke this offer at any time. This is not an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction where we are not authorized to do business. (Offer code: OCSDBT100 & OCSBP100).

**Bill pay, check-writing privileges, and debit cards are provided free of charge. Fees for checks in quantities over 100, stop payment, and returned checks apply. A funded TD Ameritrade account, a personal computer, Internet access, and an appropriate Web browser are required to use the online bill pay services. TD Ameritrade will not charge you a fee for withdrawing funds from any ATM nationwide. Should the ATM operator charge you a fee, TD Ameritrade will refund the amount of the fee assessed. TD Ameritrade prohibits the fraudulent or excessive use of ATMs and reserves the right to modify or discontinue the ATM fee rebate at any time. Additional terms and conditions apply. See TD Ameritrade website at www.tdameritrade.com for more details.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I just found out that the bank I do have an account at got sold to a smaller bank. They want to charge me high, high fee... (more)

Imzadi (May. 10, 2012 @ 12:18a) |

I didnt say there will be a problem. I just have never done that nor do I have a need to. It is always a good idea to ha... (more)

fw101 (May. 10, 2012 @ 2:29a) |

TD Ameritrade does have a B&M branch right near me so I can easily walk in & make deposits IF that is possible. That's w... (more)

Imzadi (May. 10, 2012 @ 8:55a) |

Partner Offers:

TD Ameritrade - Partner Offer | Delta
www.tdameritrade.com/offer/partner/delta/delta.html

TD Ameritrade - Partner Offer | Starwood Preferred Guest
www.tdameritrade.com/offer/partner/starwood/starwood.html

TD Ameritrade - Partner Offer - United
www.tdameritrade.com/offer/partner/united/united.html

TD Ameritrade - Partner Offer | American Airlines
www.tdameritrade.com/offer/partner/american/index.html

TD Ameritrade - Partner Offer | Continental OnePass
www.tdameritrade.com/offer/partner/continental/continental.html

TD Ameritrade - Partner Offer - Amtrak
www.tdameritrade.com/offer/partner/amtrak/amtrak.html

Terms and Conditions:

Valid for TD Ameritrade clients who sign up for a TD Ameritrade Visa® debit card and/or bill pay by 3/31/12.

Make 4 purchases (at least $10 each) by 3/31/12 to get $100.

Pay 4 bills totaling $100 (some report CSR saying each bill pay needs to be > $25) by 3/31/12 and get $100.

Bill pay payments must be made to valid, third-party service providers or merchants.

Any bill pay transactions prior to 1/15/12 will not be counted toward the offer.

Not transferable and

Not valid with IRAs or other tax-exempt accounts, accounts using the Amerivest service, or TD Ameritrade Institutional accounts.

Not valid for existing debit card holders or bill pay users.

ATM withdrawals don't qualify as valid purchases.

Please allow 2-3 weeks to receive your debit card.

The $100 credits will be applied to the account 5-7 business days from offer end date of 3/31/12.

Limit one debit card offer and one bill pay offer per account.

TD Ameritrade reserves the right to restrict or revoke this offer at any time.

(Offer code: OCSDBT100 & OCSBP100).
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can we open an account with TD Ameritrade account and use this promo?

I don't see why not. It isn't a targeted offer. I've received the same offer in the email as well.

thanks Op. i have a TD ameritrade account that has been sitting empty for about 2 years. (To my knowledge they haven't ever closed it out). I'm going to look up my login information and see if I can add some funds and take advantage of this....

Do they pull a hard inquiry when applying for a new individual account?

sweet, just pay the cable bill in 4 parts

Thanks OP!

Attaching a screenshot of the offer page for future reference

ameritrade also reimburse atm fees. but it kinda hard for me to keep track of my money on same account for stocks buying/selling and using the atm. so i just staying with my regular bank for atm.

Very sweet deal!
Thanks dzyr4tt!

Hard pull?

flowfaster said:   Hard pull? same question here!

Why would they hard pull? You are not applying for credit...?

sun818 said:   Why would they hard pull? You are not applying for credit...?
some banks do, ING and ALLEY bank for example. not just some banks, COMCAST does hard credit inquiry for internet customer, i have been a comcats internet customer for the last 3 yrs and every 6 month i try to get new promotion and they did it to me.

Did you know that some banks pull your credit score when you apply for a checking account? And did you know that some banks require a minimum credit score in order to accept you?

Many banks simply use ChexSystems, which is a network comprised of financial institutions that regularly contribute information on mishandled checking and savings accounts to a central location. ChexSystems shares this information among the member institutions to help them asses the risk of opening new accounts.

Many of the nation’s most popular banks use ChexSystems to determine whether or not to accept an application. I contacted many of the largest and most popular banks and asked about their policies. The responses I got were quite interesting

For example, Bank of America, Chase Bank, Citi Bank, and TD Bank all use ChexSystems as their only check before issuing a checking account.

Wells Fargo goes half a step further by using ChexSystems first, and if anything looks suspicious, they do a soft pull.

EverBank does soft credit inquiries and does not use ChexSystems.

Want to know which ones do hard credit inquiries on checking accounts?

ING does a hard credit inquiry on new checking accounts, although long-time customers with a different type of account are likely eligible without an inquiry.

Ally Bank also does a hard credit inquiry on new checking accounts, and went even further to tell me that in order to qualify, a credit score of 600 or better is needed.

Want to know if what your ChexSystems report looks like? Tomorrow I’ll detail what it takes to get a free report and what is included.

Readers, does knowing this make you less likely to open an account with ING or Ally? Is the hard credit inquiry worth it?

sherap2 said:   sun818 said:   Why would they hard pull? You are not applying for credit...?
some banks do, ING and ALLEY bank for example. not just some banks, COMCAST does hard credit inquiry for internet customer, i have been a comcats internet customer for the last 3 yrs and every 6 month i try to get new promotion and they did it to me.

Did you know that some banks pull your credit score when you apply for a checking account? And did you know that some banks require a minimum credit score in order to accept you?
Many banks simply use ChexSystems, which is a network comprised of financial institutions that regularly contribute information on mishandled checking and savings accounts to a central location. ChexSystems shares this information among the member institutions to help them asses the risk of opening new accounts.
Many of the nation’s most popular banks use ChexSystems to determine whether or not to accept an application. I contacted many of the largest and most popular banks and asked about their policies. The responses I got were quite interesting

<snip>

ING does a hard credit inquiry on new checking accounts, although long-time customers with a different type of account are likely eligible without an inquiry.
Ally Bank also does a hard credit inquiry on new checking accounts, and went even further to tell me that in order to qualify, a credit score of 600 or better is needed.
Want to know if what your ChexSystems report looks like? Tomorrow I’ll detail what it takes to get a free report and what is included.
Readers, does knowing this make you less likely to open an account with ING or Ally? Is the hard credit inquiry worth it?
You might want to cite the 2010 article this was copied from.

If you're having trouble with the bill pay webpage, make sure third party (i.e. all) cookies are enabled in your browser

Thanks OP, I signed up for a new account and a Visa card!

This and the commission free ETF trading. I think TD is going to be my new favorite.

i have no clue how to trade.. do i have to trade? how much do i have to open it for . thanks.. i can use the extra $$ bonus..

Can this offer be combined with TD New Account Opening Bonuses?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1296986-td-ameritrade-n...

Don't know if they are same account.

will call and ask if they do hard credit inquiry?

I am a regular customer without bill pay or a TDAmeritrade debit card ... for once I am the target of an offer that I might actually use

Sweet, a use for my account sitting around with <$1 in it. Thanks OP!

can I open this account first https://wwwna.tdameritrade.com/cgi-bin/apps/AccountApServlet?seg... and then sign up for the $200 promo?

Great find, OP!

I use TD Ameritrade for my primary investment account, but had two other accounts I opened for a promotion following the TD Waterhouse/Ameritrade merger (1 for wife, 1 joint). Haven't logged onto either since the merger (2005?), but both were still active (had to do some security questions and verify contact info) and I was able to sign up for this promotion. Just an FYI to anyone out there who had an old account they may have forgotten about...

Tda is great

And with many banks now charging for checking accounts , this is a great multi
Purpose alternative

Tda schwab and fidelity are light years beyond all the major banks now... And most of them
Treat you as an actual valued customer

I didn't see a place to fill in the offer codes. I guess just clicking the links and signing up for the $100 + $100 promotions should be OK?

dippy943 said:   Great find, OP!

I use TD Ameritrade for my primary investment account, but had two other accounts I opened for a promotion following the TD Waterhouse/Ameritrade merger (1 for wife, 1 joint). Haven't logged onto either since the merger (2005?), but both were still active (had to do some security questions and verify contact info) and I was able to sign up for this promotion. Just an FYI to anyone out there who had an old account they may have forgotten about...

I've been with TDAm for a couple years now. Don't know if they will run the credit check on you but as far as I know, you don't even need a ssn to open an account if you are non-resident, of course you'll be limited to non-marginal trading. so i would assume if you open a basic account they will not do a hard pull on you. keep in mind tho it takes about a week to actually get the account open as you need to mail in signed forms, etc. considering it ends by next month, i probably need to find some extra bills to pay in case my application doesn't get done soon.

when I logged in and signed up, there was no where to put in the offer codes. I didn't see the bill pay option either but maybe I need to wait till the debit card application is complete.

I signed up for a new cash brokerage account and the bill pay. I need to still fax in the request for the debit card to do the transactions.

Checked my monitoring this morning and NO HARD CREDIT PULL.

easy setup
can even fax-in the application for debit card.

maddybeagle said:   I signed up for a new cash brokerage account and the bill pay. I need to still fax in the request for the debit card to do the transactions.

Checked my monitoring this morning and NO HARD CREDIT PULL.
it may not do hard pull, but hard pulls are not shown on credit report right away, wait 24-48hrs to confirm

alik99 said:   easy setup
$500 minimum deposit kind of sucks. Also don't know when you can close the account and get money back.

Is this limited to one per household or one per account? I have joint accounts...

johnnybs said:   Is this limited to one per household or one per account? I have joint accounts...In the T&C:

Limit one debit card offer and one bill pay offer per account.

Thanks OP, signed up for a new margin/cash/options account and did the bill pay requirements for bonus already. Used the SPG promo page to sign up w/ $2k for 3k starpoints as well. Was meaning to open up a Roth IRA with them, but I'll wait on that until I play in a cash account for a while.

Here is the SPG signup link for anyone else interested: https://www.tdameritrade.com/offer/partner/starwood/starwood.htm... Note T&Cs, the minimum funding must remain in account for 9 months to get the points.

I actually called in to ask if the checks they sent are free (they are) and the rep asked me if I knew about this promo... hearing confirmation is always good.

Here's some other Partner Offers:

TD Ameritrade - Partner Offer | Delta
www.tdameritrade.com/offer/partner/delta/delta.html

TD Ameritrade - Partner Offer | Starwood Preferred Guest
www.tdameritrade.com/offer/partner/starwood/starwood.html

TD Ameritrade - Partner Offer - United
www.tdameritrade.com/offer/partner/united/united.html

TD Ameritrade - Partner Offer | American Airlines
www.tdameritrade.com/offer/partner/american/index.html

TD Ameritrade - Partner Offer | Continental OnePass
www.tdameritrade.com/offer/partner/continental/continental.html

TD Ameritrade - Partner Offer - Amtrak
www.tdameritrade.com/offer/partner/amtrak/amtrak.html

Thanks OP. I have an individual and joint account so I'll do both. One question to make sure I don't get tripped up. My available cash is swept in a a money market fund; my "cash balance" is 0. Is this going to cause an overdraft if I use billpay or make a debit purchase? Do I need to move cash out of there before I do these things? Thanks.

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   Tda is great

And with many banks now charging for checking accounts , this is a great multi
Purpose alternative

Tda schwab and fidelity are light years beyond all the major banks now... And most of them
Treat you as an actual valued customer

A little OT but TD Bank will do HELOCs on investment properties.

Thanks AtlantaWolf!
Need to add some ffms to United.

sherap2 said:   alik99 said:   easy setup
$500 minimum deposit kind of sucks. Also don't know when you can close the account and get money back.

I'm assuming your talking about opening an account just for this offer. $500 deposit is nothing to get back an easy $200.

Skipping 348 Messages...
uutxs said:   Imzadi said:   
I don't see why you think there would be a problem directly depositing checks received from other people? IF they accept deposits of checks, what would be the problem?

I didnt say there will be a problem. I just have never done that nor do I have a need to. It is always a good idea to have an account with a bank with a B&M branch near you. It may not be your main checking account. It is not difficult to find one that doesnt charge a big fee or requires you to maintain a large balance.

TD Ameritrade does have a B&M branch right near me so I can easily walk in & make deposits IF that is possible. That's why I am looking into them as a possibility. I think they are trying to offer "regular bank services" with this new promotion to pull in customers who are turned off by all the bank fees. I have never needed a bank other than to deposit money, write checks or use an ATM/credit card. I don't currently need a bank for fancy services. However, I also don't want to find myself in a situation where, as you say, I should have a regular bank account, and the day I find that out is the worst day to NOT have one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.