• 16789 10
  • Page
  • Text Only
Update:
Emailed through TDA last Friday. Recent customer, not targeted, in before terms change, X2 with wifey, got response about waiting 2 to 5 business days. I see 200 in my account today. X2 = 400 Thanks a lot OP!

I sent a secure message this morning and got the bonus applied a few minutes ago.

I was not targeted but signed up before the language of the promo changed.

I had to email them because my "account was not properly coded" It took two days after that "today" to get the bonus applied.

So basically if you signed up and saw the terms on the screen and met the requirements, simply send them an email stating such and ask what the holdup is.

I had to send in an email and will receive the bonus for the bill pay but not debit purchases. The representative said one of my purchases was after 3/31. Replied back saying I made the purchase on 3/31 (which I did), but it didn't post until 4/2. Anyone else have experience with purchases taking abnormally long to post?

I signed up to TD the day this thread got posted, then fulfilled the requirements. I sent a message on Friday and the bonuses posted today. Thanks op!

txrandom said:   I had to send in an email and will receive the bonus for the bill pay but not debit purchases. The representative said one of my purchases was after 3/31. Replied back saying I made the purchase on 3/31 (which I did), but it didn't post until 4/2. Anyone else have experience with purchases taking abnormally long to post?
3/31 purchase posting on 4/2 is not "abnormally long to post", particularly given that 4/1 was a Sunday.
I would ask if they can make an exception.

I sent an email on Friday, they responed on Saturday and rebates posted today. Thank you OP!

Sent an email yesterday and got the bonus today! Thanks OP and everyone who suggested we email them. What is everyone's exit strategy? Withdraw all but a couple cents then email to close the account?

Got mine today. Looks like I can't withdraw it however.

matrix5k said:   Sent an email yesterday and got the bonus today! Thanks OP and everyone who suggested we email them. What is everyone's exit strategy? Withdraw all but a couple cents then email to close the account?

Why? There are no fees and they actually offer some good, commission-free ETF's.

Got mine today after messaging CSR yesterday. Thanks OP.

Thanks! I emailed customer service, and I got my two $100's. Last debit transaction was on 3/30 but posted 4/2. This wasn't an issue.

TrentSteel said:   matrix5k said:   Sent an email yesterday and got the bonus today! Thanks OP and everyone who suggested we email them. What is everyone's exit strategy? Withdraw all but a couple cents then email to close the account?

Why? There are no fees and they actually offer some good, commission-free ETF's.


Why? Because Matrix5K is probably tired of too many lucrative offers like these.

DeelBoy said:   TrentSteel said:   matrix5k said:   Sent an email yesterday and got the bonus today! Thanks OP and everyone who suggested we email them. What is everyone's exit strategy? Withdraw all but a couple cents then email to close the account?

Why? There are no fees and they actually offer some good, commission-free ETF's.


Why? Because Matrix5K is probably tired of too many lucrative offers like these.


hmm.. Isn't the account must be open for 9 months before you can close it?

So I got the bonus today, but there seems to be an issue with the money market/cash redemption. I moved some money out last week. It seems this money was taken out as cash, but my account did not automatically redeem money market shares to pay for it, leaving my account with a negative cash balance, but with a money market account value larger than my total. I don't know how to withdraw the rest of the money now. I can't find a way to manually sell the money market funds. Anyone else have this issue?

Quovatis said:   So I got the bonus today, but there seems to be an issue with the money market/cash redemption. I moved some money out last week. It seems this money was taken out as cash, but my account did not automatically redeem money market shares to pay for it, leaving my account with a negative cash balance, but with a money market account value larger than my total. I don't know how to withdraw the rest of the money now. I can't find a way to manually sell the money market funds. Anyone else have this issue?
The system will take care of it. Wait for a day or two.

I'm with the "message them" crowd to get the bonus.

Not targeted, did the bill pay, sent message and within an hour or so, the bonus showed up. They are VERY helpful.

not targeted, emailed friday, received bonus yesterday

Hi,

All my debit card transactions were on 3/30 which did not get posted till 4/2. I just emailed them regarding the promotion status and the CSR gave the 2 rebates for 100$ each. No problem.

sent secure message and got the bonus as well, thank OP and fatwallet community.

Hey guys,

So, weird question, did they remove the bill pay feature entirely? I went to use it today, just to pay a bill, and I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone else still have Bill Pay available?

naas said:   Hey guys,

So, weird question, did they remove the bill pay feature entirely? I went to use it today, just to pay a bill, and I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone else still have Bill Pay available?

From the top menu:
Accounts --> Online Cash Services --> Bill Pay

Looks just fine to me.

So weird. I swear there were only 4 tabs there when I was at home 20 minutes ago, I even checked with 2 browsers. Now at work I see the Bill Pay tab again. Thanks for the info uutxs

Can someone who is actually using their account other than for the free promotion answer this question?

How do you make deposits into our account? I read online that I can use direct deposit or write out a check made out to "TD Ameritrade."

Direct deposit won't work for me as I freelance & get different checks from different people each time.

If I could write a check to "TD Ameritrade" I'd already have an account ELSEWHERE in which the money is coming from.

Is there a way to deposit the checks I receive from other people into my TD Ameritrade account? Can I walk into a TD Ameritrade office and deposit those checks like I would a regular bank? Has anyone done this?

Thanks.

Imzadi said:   Can someone who is actually using their account other than for the free promotion answer this question?

How do you make deposits into our account? I read online that I can use direct deposit or write out a check made out to "TD Ameritrade."

Direct deposit won't work for me as I freelance & get different checks from different people each time.

If I could write a check to "TD Ameritrade" I'd already have an account ELSEWHERE in which the money is coming from.

Is there a way to deposit the checks I receive from other people into my TD Ameritrade account? Can I walk into a TD Ameritrade office and deposit those checks like I would a regular bank? Has anyone done this?

Thanks.

Do you really not have any other checking account and want to directly deposit checks you received from other people in to TDA brokerage?
They do offer ACH transfer and it is better to deposit checks into a "real" bank and transfer it out.

uutxs said:   Imzadi said:   Can someone who is actually using their account other than for the free promotion answer this question?

How do you make deposits into our account? I read online that I can use direct deposit or write out a check made out to "TD Ameritrade."

Direct deposit won't work for me as I freelance & get different checks from different people each time.

If I could write a check to "TD Ameritrade" I'd already have an account ELSEWHERE in which the money is coming from.

Is there a way to deposit the checks I receive from other people into my TD Ameritrade account? Can I walk into a TD Ameritrade office and deposit those checks like I would a regular bank? Has anyone done this?

Thanks.

Do you really not have any other checking account and want to directly deposit checks you received from other people in to TDA brokerage?
They do offer ACH transfer and it is better to deposit checks into a "real" bank and transfer it out.


I just found out that the bank I do have an account at got sold to a smaller bank. They want to charge me high, high fees, unless I can keep $5000 in a bank account there. I'm looking for alternatives.

I have had a brokerage account with TD Ameritrade for the last 4 years & an happy with them. THIS thread is for their promotion for there new online cash management services, NOT a brokerage account, which includes FREE checking account, Free Visa check debit card, Free ATM withdrawals & free Bill paying services - all NO FEES. These are all the same services I use at a regular bank now, only will soon be charged once the bank changeover is done.

I don't see why you think there would be a problem directly depositing checks received from other people? IF they accept deposits of checks, what would be the problem?

BTW, TDA isn't the only brokerage company offering these services now:

http://www.depositaccounts.com/blog/2012/02/td-ameritrade-online-cash-services-account-bonus-review.html

Imzadi said:   
I don't see why you think there would be a problem directly depositing checks received from other people? IF they accept deposits of checks, what would be the problem?

I didnt say there will be a problem. I just have never done that nor do I have a need to. It is always a good idea to have an account with a bank with a B&M branch near you. It may not be your main checking account. It is not difficult to find one that doesnt charge a big fee or requires you to maintain a large balance.

uutxs said:   Imzadi said:   
I don't see why you think there would be a problem directly depositing checks received from other people? IF they accept deposits of checks, what would be the problem?

I didnt say there will be a problem. I just have never done that nor do I have a need to. It is always a good idea to have an account with a bank with a B&M branch near you. It may not be your main checking account. It is not difficult to find one that doesnt charge a big fee or requires you to maintain a large balance.


TD Ameritrade does have a B&M branch right near me so I can easily walk in & make deposits IF that is possible. That's why I am looking into them as a possibility. I think they are trying to offer "regular bank services" with this new promotion to pull in customers who are turned off by all the bank fees. I have never needed a bank other than to deposit money, write checks or use an ATM/credit card. I don't currently need a bank for fancy services. However, I also don't want to find myself in a situation where, as you say, I should have a regular bank account, and the day I find that out is the worst day to NOT have one.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014