• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just got an email from Paypal stating the following:

Email said: We want to enhance the joys of shopping online, so we'll give you a $10 statement credit when you make 3 purchases at PayPal or eBay with your eBay MasterCard between now and February 23, 2012.* Start earning your statement credit today by using your eBay MasterCard at these online stores, or anywhere else PayPal is accepted:
Hope it helps one of you.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I love when people rate red for no reason. It's free money for anyone that has the card.. you could buy three 1 cent ebooks on eBay and get $9.97 for a couple minutes of your time.

In fairness, threads that mention paypal generate a lot of hate.

corporateclaw said:   In fairness, threads that mention paypal generate a lot of hate.

To be honest, I hate them too. I don't even know why I still have the card. But, free money is free money.

I just got an e-mail that read..

We want to enhance the joys of shopping with your eBay MasterCard, so we'll give you a $5 statement credit when you use it to make 2 purchases between now and February 23, 2012 at merchants not yet accepting PayPal.

People give it red because it's a targeted offer - OP should've put "Targeted" or YMMV in the title.

BTW - I'm getting similar offers from eBay/Paypal/BillMeLater in bunches, they're the stingiest offers ever existed, something like "Open BillMeLater account, get a hard credit pull, be awarded with $5 ($10) for your next eBay purchase".

This one at least is truly free

Thanks OP.

Garhart13 said:   I love when people rate red for no reason.

Hey, give em a break. Yes this is a good deal if it's an offer for existing cardholders. Someone probably thought it was a signup bonus though, and $10 is downright pathetic. (I've seen similar offers for BillMeLater on Paypal.) These days you would have to pay me at least $200 (in giftcards or statement credits) to sign up for a card, and i've managed to get 3 such cards in the last year or so.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015