• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa® Card $400 bonus sign up offer
Disclaimer
I stopped in at a US Bank branch (Midwest) and this offer caught my eye (I have attached a stealthily-taken picture below).

The card is a U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa® Signature Card and the offer is exactly the same as the general one on their website ( http://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/flexperks-travel.html ), except that instead of "Get 10,000 bonus FlexPoints after the first $500 in net purchases," you get 17,500 bonus FlexPoints after spending $2,500 in the first 5 months.

The card has an annual fee of $49, which the bank rep told me is waived the first year so that you can try out the program. With the card, you get 1 point/$1 spent (plus a 25% bonus if you have a Gold US Bank account - which is free if you direct deposit at least $500/month). So, 17.5k (bonus) + 2.5k (from the purchases) = 20k which can be redeemed for $200 CB or a flight costing up to $400 (booked without blackouts, restrictions, or additional fees through Travelocity - again, per the bank rep)

Another cool feature of this card is that you can be reimbursed for up to $25 towards baggage fees or in-flight food/drinks charged to the card (you call them and point out the charge and they will issue a statement credit for the appropriate amount). According to the bank rep, this applies to any ticket (even non-award tickets), but I'm not sure if that is correct, since the website says "$25 airline allowance with each award ticket"

Their specific requirement is that you have to apply in-branch, so this is definitely YMMV.

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I know the Visa Signature card is a great card (http://usa.visa.com/personal/visa-signature/index.jsp) , but may not work out for everyone. I believe the minimum yearly income to qualify is over $70k, and typically by invitation only. If you're able to get the card, its a great card to have.

nemec7 said:   I know the Visa Signature card is a great card (http://usa.visa.com/personal/visa-signature/index.jsp) , but may not work out for everyone. I believe the minimum yearly income to qualify is over $70k, and typically by invitation only. If you're able to get the card, its a great card to have.

I have two Visa Signature cards, the Chase Southwest and the BOA Cash Rewards. When I got them both I only make $40k, and both were pretty open offers...

nemec7 said:   I know the Visa Signature card is a great card (http://usa.visa.com/personal/visa-signature/index.jsp) , but may not work out for everyone. I believe the minimum yearly income to qualify is over $70k, and typically by invitation only. If you're able to get the card, its a great card to have.

I have also had/have two Via Signature cards (in more than one country, no less) and I don't make anywhere near $70k/year.

Beware - you will have to jump thru hoops - actually many hoops - to get your bonus. Speaking from past exp with US bank.

Maybe it's just at Wells Fargo...

gonewiththewind said:   Beware - you will have to jump thru hoops - actually many hoops - to get your bonus. Speaking from past exp with US bank.

I've only been with them ~6 months, but haven't had any problems. They have actually treated me the best of any bank I've been with so far (BofA was nice to me, but WF treated me like crap).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014