• 1 23458
  • Page
  • Text Only
Just signed up. Could always use a good prepaid card (not such a fan of Serve).

Did anyone see any mention of the promo code or $25 gift card in the order confirm?

According to SD you need to load the card with at least $25 first before seeing the $25 bonus (You can kind of see this in the OP, where it says you must load the card before April 30). There is a screenshot of the email that proves this. Just search for 'AMEX' over there.

o hell, i dont want to give my SSN away for $25....

alanmax said:   Thanks for the easy $75 pisistratus!

Must do it 3 times seperately but rep. confirmed will get 3 bonues.
Can do all in your own name, address...
Do you have to purchase using 3 different AMEX cards up-front to get 3 bonuses?
Is there a known maximum # of bonuses AMEX will issue?

dealmaster00 said:   According to SD you need to load the card with $25 first before seeing the $25 bonus. There is a screenshot of the email that proves this. Just search for 'AMEX' over there.
Hmm.. I ordered the card with $0.00. That means when I get it, I'll have to load it with $25 and then they will send me another card with $25 on it, correct?

Does it have to be three separate cards, or can I reload one card three times and get three bonuses on it?

I never understood these cards. Isn't this just the same as a checking account + a debit card?

Also, won't this hurt people in the long run since they won't build credit with these cards?

TheDiggler said:   alanmax said:   Thanks for the easy $75 pisistratus!

here's what their faq says:

How many Cards can a person order?
An adult over the age of 18 may order and manage up to three American Express Prepaid Cards in total (including if one is purchased for him/herself). Each American Express Prepaid Card User can have only one Card in his or her name.

3x thank you!

Can you buy an AMEX prepaid card with another AMEX prepaid card?

KayK said:   dealmaster00 said:   According to SD you need to load the card with $25 first before seeing the $25 bonus. There is a screenshot of the email that proves this. Just search for 'AMEX' over there.
Hmm.. I ordered the card with $0.00. That means when I get it, I'll have to load it with $25 and then they will send me another card with $25 on it, correct?

Does it have to be three separate cards, or can I reload one card three times and get three bonuses on it?
Yes that is correct. It has to be 3 separate cards if you want 3 bonuses.

libralibra said:   TheDiggler said:   alanmax said:   Thanks for the easy $75 pisistratus!

An adult over the age of 18 may order and manage up to three American Express Prepaid Cards in total (including if one is purchased for him/herself). Each American Express Prepaid Card User can have only one Card in his or her name.

Ok, as per my post above and this post with fine print.
The clarification is:
You can have 3 accounts with different account numbers per person but only one account number per account.
Meaning that AMEX will only issue you one card with an account number and not duplicates. One person can use identical info. for three different accounts and still qualify for three bonuses.
Sounds confusing but hope this clarifies and confusion.

LockeCoIe said:   Can you buy an AMEX prepaid card with another AMEX prepaid card?
No, MoneyPak or Bank Withdraw.

libralibra said:   TheDiggler said:   alanmax said:   Thanks for the easy $75 pisistratus!

Thanks, didn't pay attention to the other tabs before (including the FAQ tab). Details posted under the How It Works tab answer my Q's:

Manage Spending Easily
Get up to three Cards
Because you can order up to three Cards, you have the choice of giving them to the people you choose or keeping one for yourself. So you have the freedom to manage your own spending or use it to provide money to the other people in your life.

Easy Ways to Load
Bank Account
Simply enter your account information online to reload from your checking or savings account. Please note, funds will generally be available within 5 business days after the load is requested.
Cash
Just purchase a MoneyPak® at a local retailer for up to $500—they’re available at over 50,000 locations—and then you can add the funds online or by phone.

Limited time offer: add cash to the American Express Prepaid Card with a MoneyPak and American Express will refund the purchase price of the first MoneyPak you use to load the American Express Prepaid Card.

In short, I thought these pre-paid cards needed to be purchased w/ one's existing (non pre-paid) AMEX card. Since that's not the case, the q regarding 3 different AMEX cards is no longer applicable. My 2nd q was answered by the "Get up to three Cards" section.

is this pulling my credit?

raygine4 said:   is this pulling my credit?

Why am I asked to enter my Social Security Number when I order an American Express Prepaid Card online?

American Express is required by law to obtain personal information, including Social Security Number, to verify the identity of our customers. The American Express Prepaid Card adheres to the privacy standards of American Express. You can be assured that your personal information will be protected and secured. There is no credit check when ordering the American Express Prepaid Card and the use of the American Express Prepaid Card will have no impact on your or the American Express Prepaid Card User's credit history.

ahsq said:   o hell, i dont want to give my SSN away for $25....

It's AMEX. If you are posting on FWF either you are lost or they already have your SSN.

I ordered my first one....they are doing trial deposits to your checking account for the initial bank funding.

I have a question here and hope to get an answer from the wise ones. Can I use the same account to fund the three cards, or I have to use separate accounts?

wish i could load it with my credit card. have to hit some spending limits!

:/

awesome! no credit check! If I order three, do I need to use three different name?
can I order with the same name?

site loading slowly, FW/SD effect!

ahsq said:   o hell, i dont want to give my SSN away for $25....

Well, banks, the IRS, employers, motor vehicle department, utility companies, schools, hospitals/doctor's offices, insurance companies, and so on get it for nothing. I believe it's also on Medicare cards. So this time at least take 25 bucks.

I had trouble with this offer using Firefox. I got a screen that said "Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or call/contact us as follows: To apply by phone or for product information -- 1-800-223-2670. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you." Spoke with a lady, who sent me to the "pre-paid card section." When I got to her she said that the application had to be made online, and she'd ask tech support to help me. When I spoke with them, he asked me to use IE (blah), saying the site had been tested with that browser. I switched over to Chrome and got through fine.

I used firefox and don't think there is an issue...I just think the site was getting hammered.

Site just worked for me in Chrome with no issues.

Green for OP.

On my third card, I never received a confirmation with Order Number.

It took about an hour, but all three confirmation e-mails came with order numbers.

You have to wait until you get the confirmation e-mails to set up an account.

I got my confirmation emails in the future! It was 2:44 but gmail reported one was sent at 2:54!

Signed up for three, lets hope it works. Thanks OP.

I dont why AMEX is trying to promote these...they are less secure anyways...

AMEX ran out of dilithium crystals. Internal Server Error when you go to sign up.

I can navigate through most of the site, but I get a server error when attempting to create an account.

edit. site is back up for now..

What's the hurry? Calm down and apply in a few days when everybodys not hammering the site

Please not that there is a purchase fee for each Money Pak you purchase (I believe it is around $4.95).....

i don't really understand...

the rep confirmed that the fine print is incorrect and that you can get 3 cards/3 $25 bonuses with the same name/address. AMEX is correcting the fine print to say this?

thanks.

^^^The AMEX site was noting that they were reimbursing the fee on the Money Pack....

Limited time offer: add cash to the American Express Prepaid Card with a MoneyPak and American Express will refund the purchase price of the first MoneyPak you use to load the American Express Prepaid Card. 7 Green Dot® will refund the MoneyPak® purchase fee (up to $4.95) directly to the American Express Prepaid Card within (14) fourteen business days from the date of the reload. Eligible only to customers who have never reloaded the Card with MoneyPak and have an active card when the credit is applied. One credit per Card. MoneyPak funds must be applied to the Card by May 31, 2012.

-----
https://www.moneypak.com/ReloadHowItWorks.aspx although, it is noted that you have to use cash for the loading so still no credit card funding....so limited use FW'ers.

sign up for three using my info for three time, will see if can get $75 as this is the first time to do it.

Seems only need to provide SSN the first time, the second and third time do not need, same to the bank info, of course, I am a current AMEX customer.

Will try later for other family members.

In for 3!

jcd123 said:   sign up for three using my info for three time, will see if can get $75 as this is the first time to do it.

Seems only need to provide SSN the first time, the second and third time do not need, same to the bank info, of course, I am a current AMEX customer.

Will try later for other family members.

I just ordered one.. So once I receive it, all i have to do is to load the card with $25 and I will get another $25 correct?

Thanks OP! Ordered 1 each for self and spouse. Since there's nothing to lose here, "shoot first and ask questions later"!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014