• 1456 7 8
  • Page
  • Text Only
1st experience with AMEX. Probably the last. It took 22 min to close the account. On the bright side, Citigold just paid out in full.

lol'd at their fool me twice offer of 50 for DD.

Did you get this message in your AMEX inbox or in your regular email?

hopdevil said:   1st experience with AMEX. Probably the last. It took 22 min to close the account. On the bright side, Citigold just paid out in full.

lol'd at their fool me twice offer of 50 for DD.

Seriously? You tried to use an offer code that some anonymous person on the internet provided, and now you're upset at AMEX that they're not going to honor it? I put $75 into this, too, and I still have my $75 (actually spent it at Amazon), so I'm not upset.

drsauce said:   Did you get this message in your AMEX inbox or in your regular email?

email

I got the same e-mail today

If I direct deposit $500 (2x $250)into this card, can I take it out in cash without being forced to use it up on purchases?

Looks like I'll make some money off this after all. New email today:
Complimentary $25 Gift Card
when you load $200 or more on your
American Express(R) Prepaid Card[1]

Offer Ends June 30, 2012.

[1] Offer expires on June 30, 2012. To receive a $25 Gift Card,
(i) you must be an existing American Express Prepaid Card ("Card")
purchaser on or before May 31, 2012, (ii) load $200 or more, at
one time, on any single Card during 6/1/2012-6/30/2012, and (iii)
Card must be active at the time the Gift Card is fulfilled.
Auto-reloads and/or direct deposits set up prior to 6/1/2012 are
not eligible for the $25 Gift Card. Cannot be combined with any
other offer. Limit one (1) offer per Card. Please allow 6 weeks,
after qualifying load, for the $25 Gift Card to be mailed to the
Card Purchaser. American Express reserves the right to refuse or
to delay payment of the bonus if it has determined or suspects
that fraud has been committed in connection with the Card or this
offer. Limit three (3) bonuses per Card purchaser - one per Card
user, up to three users. American Express reserves the right to
terminate the offer if it determines, in its sole discretion that
causes beyond its control have destroyed or severely undermined
the integrity, administration, security, and/or feasibility of
the offer. Offer is subject to cancellation at any time.
Gift Card terms and conditions apply.

PugRanch said:   Looks like I'll make some money off this after all. New email today:
Complimentary $25 Gift Card
when you load $200 or more on your
American Express(R) Prepaid Card[1]

Offer Ends June 30, 2012.

[1] Offer expires on June 30, 2012. To receive a $25 Gift Card,
(i) you must be an existing American Express Prepaid Card ("Card")
purchaser on or before May 31, 2012, (ii) load $200 or more, at
one time, on any single Card during 6/1/2012-6/30/2012, and (iii)
Card must be active at the time the Gift Card is fulfilled.
Auto-reloads and/or direct deposits set up prior to 6/1/2012 are
not eligible for the $25 Gift Card. Cannot be combined with any
other offer. Limit one (1) offer per Card. Please allow 6 weeks,
after qualifying load, for the $25 Gift Card to be mailed to the
Card Purchaser. American Express reserves the right to refuse or
to delay payment of the bonus if it has determined or suspects
that fraud has been committed in connection with the Card or this
offer. Limit three (3) bonuses per Card purchaser - one per Card
user, up to three users. American Express reserves the right to
terminate the offer if it determines, in its sole discretion that
causes beyond its control have destroyed or severely undermined
the integrity, administration, security, and/or feasibility of
the offer. Offer is subject to cancellation at any time.
Gift Card terms and conditions apply.

Does this mean you cannot combine this offer with $50 offer for 2 direct deposits of $250 each?

I have only seen the $25 for $200 deposit. Where is the link for the $50 for $250?

Any idea if this can be used on Target-branded AMEX Prepaid?

Not certain, but I think this is targeted. Just like the offer in the OP as it turns out.

Login to the AMEX prepaid page. It will show you the card number and balance. It should also show you the special offer on the same page.

I never even got the "not eligible for the promotion" email.

I got the $25 offer email today as well.

MitchFlorida said:   I have only seen the $25 for $200 deposit. Where is the link for the $50 for $250?
Targeted to those who did not get the initial $25.

AugustFour said:   MitchFlorida said:   I have only seen the $25 for $200 deposit. Where is the link for the $50 for $250?

Where is the link? My guess is there is no such offer.

MitchFlorida said:   AugustFour said:   MitchFlorida said:   I have only seen the $25 for $200 deposit. Where is the link for the $50 for $250?

Where is the link? My guess is there is no such offer.

Have no link. It was in my targeted email to sign up.

Here's an article about it with links Click Here

My interpretation of this offer that was if I'm the owner and user of my cards I'm only eligible for one bonus, regardless if I have 3 cards?

BradisBrad said:   My interpretation of this offer that was if I'm the owner and user of my cards I'm only eligible for one bonus, regardless if I have 3 cards?
My interpretation is that as I card purchaser I can receive up to three bonuses, one for each of my card users as per the terms:

"Limit three (3) bonuses per Card purchaser - one per Card user, up to three users."

bpvh said:   BradisBrad said:   My interpretation of this offer that was if I'm the owner and user of my cards I'm only eligible for one bonus, regardless if I have 3 cards?
My interpretation is that as I card purchaser I can receive up to three bonuses, one for each of my card users as per the terms:

"Limit three (3) bonuses per Card purchaser - one per Card user, up to three users."

This is how I read it. In for three!

Are there ways I can a surcharge/fee free ATM for my AMEX prepaid card?

You can find the ATM that would take AMEX prepaid card here,

http://www.amexnetwork.com/atmfinder/

But, there is no way to tell if a particular ATM is fee free or how much it charges for each withdraw.

thanks.

sunspotzsz said:   Are there ways I can a surcharge/fee free ATM for my AMEX prepaid card?
AFAIK the only place where you can find a free ATM is in the past.

It's YMMV and geographically specific, but the best bet are low cost ATMs, Costco has $1.25 fee in most states.

Regarding "$25 Gift Card when you load $200 or more on your card ... Limit three (3) bonuses per Card purchaser - one per Card user, up to three users" - how do you add 2nd and 3rd users to the card, I see no links ?

neophyte said:   Regarding "$25 Gift Card when you load $200 or more on your card ... Limit three (3) bonuses per Card purchaser - one per Card user, up to three users" - how do you add 2nd and 3rd users to the card, I see no links ?
The 2nd and 3rd "users" are not added to an existing card. The 2nd and 3rd "users" each get their own card. One purchaser can purchase up to 3 "user" cards.

bpvh said:   neophyte said:   Regarding "$25 Gift Card when you load $200 or more on your card ... Limit three (3) bonuses per Card purchaser - one per Card user, up to three users" - how do you add 2nd and 3rd users to the card, I see no links ?
The 2nd and 3rd "users" are not added to an existing card. The 2nd and 3rd "users" each get their own card. One purchaser can purchase up to 3 "user" cards.
Thanks.

So if one person called "Purchaser" had at least one Prepaid AMEX by May 31st, he can buy two more Prepaids for someone else now, and these two "users" will qualify for the offer? Funky, but no complains as long as it works ...

sunspotzsz said:   Are there ways I can a surcharge/fee free ATM for my AMEX prepaid card?

But, there is no way to tell if a particular ATM is fee free or how much it charges for each withdraw.

thanks.

It will probably cost you $2 every time you use the ATM machine. I will spend the $200 by paying various water and cable bills, plus at the supermarket or gas station. No charge there at all.

MitchFlorida said:   sunspotzsz said:   Are there ways I can a surcharge/fee free ATM for my AMEX prepaid card?

thanks.

It will probably cost you $2 every time you use the ATM machine. I will spend the $200 by paying various water and cable bills, plus at the supermarket or gas station. No charge there at all.

711 ATMs here are always fee-free.

Good to know about.
http://www.allpointnetwork.com/allpoint.html
7-Eleven
CVS/Pharmacy
Costco Wholesale
Kroger
Target
Walgreens

MitchFlorida said:   Good to know about.
http://www.allpointnetwork.com/allpoint.html
7-Eleven
CVS/Pharmacy
Costco Wholesale
Kroger
Target
Walgreens

My understanding about so called "fee free" allpoint ATM is that your issue bank has to be one of the participating institutions for you to be eligible for "fee free" and AMEX is not one of them.

daw4888 said:   MitchFlorida said:   sunspotzsz said:   Are there ways I can a surcharge/fee free ATM for my AMEX prepaid card?

thanks.

Really? Too bad that I don't have 711 around. Anybody tried to withdraw from ATM with AMEX prepaid before?

MitchFlorida said:   This is the first time I was scammed like that. I think it was the OP fault.

The original offer said it was for the named recipient only.

Live and learn.

I agree... but why is OP still heavily green... and why are all the replies which pointed out the problem heavily red?

PS: Not much to learn in being mislead; a follow-up posting said that the original offer even indicated the exclusivity of the deal.

sunspotzsz said:   daw4888 said:   MitchFlorida said:   sunspotzsz said:   Are there ways I can a surcharge/fee free ATM for my AMEX prepaid card?

thanks.

Really? Too bad that I don't have 711 around. Anybody tried to withdraw from ATM with AMEX prepaid before?

I have used it before, and it works fine for me.

daw4888 said:   sunspotzsz said:   

Fine - meaning free or meaning that you were able to draw money with a fee ($3 if I remember right, 7-11 ATMs run by Citi, thus the highest fees)

neophyte said:   daw4888 said:   sunspotzsz said:   

Fine - meaning free or meaning that you were able to draw money with a fee ($3 if I remember right, 7-11 ATMs run by Citi, thus the highest fees)

In Oklahoma 711 ATm's have zero fee... so that means free..

Good to know.

Fee-free ATMs are OT here, but really feels like a needed thread we missed somehow.

neophyte said:   Good to know.

Fee-free ATMs are OT here, but really feels like a needed thread we missed somehow.

again, he could have used allpoint ATM, which is fee free for participating institutions.

I am interested in finding one for AMEX prepaid.

not sure why you think you are entitled to a fee-free atm withdrawal.

you can buy gasoline, groceries, or pay bills online with no fee. What is the problem?

Or just bite the bullet and pay the $1.50 fee.

Wawa Markets (Mid-atlantic states) have fee-free ATMS.

daw4888 said:   sunspotzsz said:   daw4888 said:   MitchFlorida said:   sunspotzsz said:   Are there ways I can a surcharge/fee free ATM for my AMEX prepaid card?

thanks.

Tried a 711 ATM owned by Citi in IL with AMEX, but no go.

Wow, I actually had use for this card (gave it to my son while he's travelling) and was shocked to find that reloading it takes 4-5 business days. That's ridiculous!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014