• 1 2 3458
  • Page
  • Text Only
I can navigate through most of the site, but I get a server error when attempting to create an account.

edit. site is back up for now..

What's the hurry? Calm down and apply in a few days when everybodys not hammering the site

Please not that there is a purchase fee for each Money Pak you purchase (I believe it is around $4.95).....

i don't really understand...

the rep confirmed that the fine print is incorrect and that you can get 3 cards/3 $25 bonuses with the same name/address. AMEX is correcting the fine print to say this?

thanks.

^^^The AMEX site was noting that they were reimbursing the fee on the Money Pack....

Limited time offer: add cash to the American Express Prepaid Card with a MoneyPak and American Express will refund the purchase price of the first MoneyPak you use to load the American Express Prepaid Card. 7 Green DotŪ will refund the MoneyPakŪ purchase fee (up to $4.95) directly to the American Express Prepaid Card within (14) fourteen business days from the date of the reload. Eligible only to customers who have never reloaded the Card with MoneyPak and have an active card when the credit is applied. One credit per Card. MoneyPak funds must be applied to the Card by May 31, 2012.

-----
https://www.moneypak.com/ReloadHowItWorks.aspx although, it is noted that you have to use cash for the loading so still no credit card funding....so limited use FW'ers.

sign up for three using my info for three time, will see if can get $75 as this is the first time to do it.

Seems only need to provide SSN the first time, the second and third time do not need, same to the bank info, of course, I am a current AMEX customer.

Will try later for other family members.

In for 3!

jcd123 said:   sign up for three using my info for three time, will see if can get $75 as this is the first time to do it.

Seems only need to provide SSN the first time, the second and third time do not need, same to the bank info, of course, I am a current AMEX customer.

Will try later for other family members.

How many Cards can a person order?
An adult over the age of 18 may order and manage up to three American Express Prepaid Cards in total (including if one is purchased for him/herself). Each American Express Prepaid Card User can have only one Card in his or her name.

I just ordered one.. So once I receive it, all i have to do is to load the card with $25 and I will get another $25 correct?

Thanks OP! Ordered 1 each for self and spouse. Since there's nothing to lose here, "shoot first and ask questions later"!

This is a targeted offer. Unless you got it in email, YMMV

Got one anyway. Will see what happens...

Going through the process of ordering, and there was no confirmation of the promotion. When I put in the code and submitted, nothing came up on the final page noting the promotion (including the area that says "Promotion Discount"). Did anyone else see anything that mentions the promotion during the ordering process?

Edit: for those of us new to this, a CSR said that if a promotional code does not come back as invalid, "you're all good".

rita54 said:   Please not that there is a purchase fee for each Money Pak you purchase (I believe it is around $4.95).....

"There are no fees for activating or reloading the American Express Prepaid Card." Text

Thanks OP!

This is as clear as mud. So you have to jump through the same hoop three times (completely fill out the reg form) and enter yourself + 2 other names to get three cards?

Not to mention it wasn't so easy to even find the right page for this.

Just tried to get clarity from a rep in Bangladesh and he said he cant guarantee this isnt a targeted offer. I think thats kind of ludicrous, but thats what he said

mikefxu said:   3x thank you!
Signed the wife up for x3 must be going quick. Back to back numbers: 758, 798, 819.

alanmax said:   Thanks for the easy $75 pisistratus!

Must do it 3 times seperately but rep. confirmed will get 3 bonues.
Can do all in your own name, address...

The rep was incorrect and the fine print does state 1 per name. In process of fixing this now.

I did 3 all in my name...How did you fix it. Or more than likely, AMEX will cancel the extra 2 orders.

feuertier said:   Going through the process of ordering, and there was no confirmation of the promotion. When I put in the code and submitted, nothing came up on the final page noting the promotion (including the area that says "Promotion Discount"). Did anyone else see anything that mentions the promotion during the ordering process?

Edit: for those of us new to this, a CSR said that if a promotional code does not come back as invalid, "you're all good".

Last time around there was nothing on the confirmation screen either. I still got my extra $25 GC about a month later.

says promo code not valid

Anyone else having problems typing their email and getting this error?

We are unable to process your order due to missing or invalid information.
Please verify the sections highlighted below.
Note: special characters such as #, !, @, $, %, &, *, periods, and commas are not allowed.

I don't know any emails that don't have an @...

So is it free 3x$25 bonus when I buy 3 AMEX prepaid cards?

Whoa .....it worked after several trys.

Is this promotion only target for certain individual? for only those who receive this promo in email?

imbatman said:   Anyone else having problems typing their email and getting this error?

We are unable to process your order due to missing or invalid information.
Please verify the sections highlighted below.
Note: special characters such as #, !, @, $, %, &, *, periods, and commas are not allowed.

I don't know any emails that don't have an @...

Only saw the message when I failed to put in my entire SSN (I entered the last four digits?)... The system was slow but my order was accepted...

i won't sell my SS Number for $25.

sherap2 said:   i won't sell my SS Number for $25.

AMEX already has mine. I'll take the free $25

Anybody else having trouble getting it to accept significant others data with common checking account?

in for one

Thanks OP

can anyone confirm hard pull or not?

lot of people signing up... I noticed the order number between orders were about 50 apart. Assuming, the order numbers are sequential, that is like a new account every two seconds.

> i won't sell my SS Number for $25.

AMEX already knows my SSN so I don't see the big deal for me.

Sorry if this is dumb question, but does anyone know for sure if there are any restrictions on using this overseas?
My wife works for the UN, uses her debit card linked to her bank acct in less than savory countries.
Wud rather have a ltd liability, as opposed to possible draining of her acct.

Do merchants in those countries take AMEX?

Thanks OP, in for three!!

I love American Express, first the pass card bonus and now these.

Sorry if this is dumb question, but does anyone know for sure if there are any restrictions on using this overseas?
My wife works for the UN, uses her debit card linked to her bank acct in less than savory countries.
Wud rather have a ltd liability, as opposed to possible draining of her acct.
SUCKISSTAPLES said
Do merchants in those countries take AMEX?
Sure.. not worried about the merchant ( i.e. Sofitel, Hilton etc). Worried about employees taking info elsewhere in a country whose govt doesnt care what you do to an American.
Happens here too, of course. About dozen years ago was out late on a date in an upscale after hours bar in NYC.
One guy at the bar was buying a pile of physical credit cards from another guy who owned a restaurant. They did it out in the open. LOL.

Anyone get the previous offer and was not targeted?

Review PURCHASER & Payment Information

Card Value: $0.00
Shipping Charge: $0.00
Promotion Discount: $0.00

Social Security Number Information

We are required by law to obtain personal information, including Social Security Number, to verify the identity of our customers. The Card adheres to the privacy standards of American Express. You can be assured that your personal information will be protected and secured.

There is no credit check when ordering the Card and the use of the Card will have no impact on your or your card user's credit history.

I enter the code and it says nothing about the $25 promotional offer? same for everyone else?
Going to order a $25 card and hope the other $25 comes in eventually?

corporateclaw said:   ahsq said:   o hell, i dont want to give my SSN away for $25....

It's AMEX. If you are posting on FWF either you are lost or they already have your SSN.

Every time I send in a quarterly estimated payment to the IRS and write my SS on the front of the check as instructed, I wonder who DOESN'T have my SS.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.