• 14 5 678
  • Page
  • Text Only
maddybeagle said:   experiences at ATM?

Don't most ATMs require withdrawals in 20 dollar increments? People being charged by their Bank? AMEX doesnt charge for the first withdrawal per month.
This is a great question! AMEX allows one free ATM trip a month. Which bank(s) and/or ATMs won't charge any fees on the bank/ATM side? That is the question!

I checked http://www.amexnetwork.com/atmfinder/ and I found a bunch of local ATMs at places like 7-Eleven, Wells Fargo, other banks, and Food Lion. But might these assess their own fees even if AMEX waves its fee once a month?

can't you go to any supermarket and use your card there to buy groceries?

mmyk72 said:   KayK said:   I'm lost here. I ordered the cards with no money on them.. thinking I will add money on them after I recieve them. I did use the coupon code while ordering them. Does this mean I wont get the $25 cards?No idea. Might as well try putting in $25 and see what happens.

BTW, AX is offering a refund of the MoneyPak fee (up to $5), and CVS is also doing the same. Maybe here's a chance to double dip:

1) Buy a MoneyPak from CVS and add 25 cash. (Fee is $4.95)
2) Make a purchase at CVS (any small amount)
3) Get $4.95 back from CVS ??
4) Get $4.95 back from AX ??

Anyone know if this will work?

Where are you seeing that CVS is refunding fees?

MitchFlorida said:   can't you go to any supermarket and use your card there to buy groceries?

Plus every supermarket I know of gives you the option to get Cash Back when purchasing using a debit card. If you want the cash, buy $5 worth of stuff that you need anyway, pay with the $25 card and opt for $20 Cash Back, no?

dbond79 said:   MitchFlorida said:   can't you go to any supermarket and use your card there to buy groceries?

Plus every supermarket I know of gives you the option to get Cash Back when purchasing using a debit card. If you want the cash, buy $5 worth of stuff that you need anyway, pay with the $25 card and opt for $20 Cash Back, no?

Maybe just buy a candy bar for 75 cents. then you can save even more.

i called yesterday to verify i qualifed for the bonus and they stated that the bonus would only be given those who received a user specific email....and that IF you qualified you would get a 25 bonus card in 4-6 weeks...

First rule of FWF...

tanner12oz said:   i called yesterday to verify i qualifed for the bonus and they stated that the bonus would only be given those who received a user specific email....and that IF you qualified you would get a 25 bonus card in 4-6 weeks...

There you have it. Close the cards and get out of town.

tanner12oz said:   i called yesterday to verify i qualifed for the bonus and they stated that the bonus would only be given those who received a user specific email....and that IF you qualified you would get a 25 bonus card in 4-6 weeks...

First Rule on FWF... Don't call
.....Even if you call, don't talk

I received my card 2 days ago. Today I received a welcome letter with the card number stating that I would be receiving the card and pin in a few days... oops!

n3rdcore said:   I received my card 2 days ago. Today I received a welcome letter with the card number stating that I would be receiving the card and pin in a few days... oops!

Same here....they did it back azzwards.

Is the card redbox friendly?

Kaparosky said:   tanner12oz said:   i called yesterday to verify i qualifed for the bonus and they stated that the bonus would only be given those who received a user specific email....and that IF you qualified you would get a 25 bonus card in 4-6 weeks...

First Rule on FWF... Don't call
.....Even if you call, don't talk

i completed the survey...will that create a wash? =)

n3rdcore said:   I received my card 2 days ago. Today I received a welcome letter with the card number stating that I would be receiving the card and pin in a few days... oops!

That's the way it works (and the same last time around). 3 separate mailings for each card ordered (the card, the pin, a welcome letter with cutout card with numbers). There may have been another letter telling you to look for card (don't remember). Apparently Am Ex is single handedly trying to keep the post office afloat.

Last time around, the bonus cards came by themselves towards the end of the promotion without advance notice. (I did not receive targeted promo, only knew about from FW).
Will have to wait patiently (no calling!) to see how it plays out. In the meantime you can use the prepaid cards.

Hello sir, so to recap, one customer is allowed to apply up to 3 cards right? Is there a limit per household though? I want to have my aunt and my mom apply as well. Thank you. We've been hit with hospital bills and I am still ill :'( Thank you so much

prepaid card used to add funds to Amazon account balance. Now just waiting game for the bonus card....

bryan305 said:   prepaid card used to add funds to Amazon account balance. Now just waiting game for the bonus card....

Hi Bryan is it expired now? Am I supposed to see a value in the Promotion Discount section of the checkout page? It only shows zero and 25$ for card value

anyone having trouble loading the card? i loaded the card (money taken out of bank already) but it still says pending.. its been about a week

titan01 said:   anyone having trouble loading the card? i loaded the card (money taken out of bank already) but it still says pending.. its been about a week

Wait for card to arrive & get activated & then you should be OK

Kaparosky said:   titan01 said:   anyone having trouble loading the card? i loaded the card (money taken out of bank already) but it still says pending.. its been about a week

it arrived.. i activated it. and verified bank account to wire cash to it. took monye out of bank on the 9th but still says pending for my AMEX card.

titan01 said:   Kaparosky said:   titan01 said:   anyone having trouble loading the card? i loaded the card (money taken out of bank already) but it still says pending.. its been about a week

it arrived.. i activated it. and verified bank account to wire cash to it. took monye out of bank on the 9th but still says pending for my AMEX card.

Might be ready by tomorrow.

gremln007 said:   titan01 said:   Kaparosky said:   titan01 said:   anyone having trouble loading the card? i loaded the card (money taken out of bank already) but it still says pending.. its been about a week

Might be ready by tomorrow.

How long does it take to load funds with a bank account?

If the American Express Prepaid Card Purchaser uses a bank account to fund the American Express Prepaid Card it will take up to 5 business days to verify and load funds.

This offer is for targeted individuals (ones who received the email) only.

I loaded and spent $25 on two AMEX prepaid cards. My financial investment is zero.

If I don't get the $50 bonus I thought was promised , so be it. But it certainly won't build up any good will on my part, and I will never use the cards again. If I get the bonus, I would give one away as a gift, so it would be a win win for AMEX.

EPIC FAIL
Nobody will get this $25
Has anyone got it yet ?

AMEX customer service said they dont know anything about this deal & mostly you WONT get your $25

EPIC FAIL EVERYBODY

anybody else have problems loading their cards with MoneyPak? I keep getting an error that's telling me to try again later.

I went to a gas station and tried to prepay for gas - the card only let me run $24 through it instead of $25. Anyone else have a similar issue?

ankitgu said:   I went to a gas station and tried to prepay for gas - the card only let me run $24 through it instead of $25. Anyone else have a similar issue?

It's normal pumps to auth the card to find out if its good and what the limit is. Some put a $50-$100 hold on the card. Consider yourself lucky. Now reload some money on it and use it somewhere other then a gas pump to get access to your $1 (or just wait a while for the auth to release and buy something for $1)

MoneyBarTenDer said:   EPIC FAIL
Nobody will get this $25
Has anyone got it yet ?

This is gold: "nobody will get this $25" followed by "has anyone got it yet?"

Got mine today

Got mine today

2tiger said:   Got mine today
Got which? The prepaid $25 card or the bonus gift card?

I got my prepaid card, loaded with 25 but never received the free 25.

clutchcargo777 said:   ankitgu said:   I went to a gas station and tried to prepay for gas - the card only let me run $24 through it instead of $25. Anyone else have a similar issue?

It's normal pumps to auth the card to find out if its good and what the limit is. Some put a $50-$100 hold on the card. Consider yourself lucky. Now reload some money on it and use it somewhere other then a gas pump to get access to your $1 (or just wait a while for the auth to release and buy something for $1)

I tried to use one my mine to get gas at Costco and got an "Authorization Denied" at the pump. I assume because it's only got $25 on it and it tried to pre-authorize for more. I'm not sure of the best was to use exactly $25 on my 3 cards without leaving funds or exceeded the limit (lack of creativity on my part, I'm sure..)

cKGunslinger said:   
I tried to use one my mine to get gas at Costco and got an "Authorization Denied" at the pump. I assume because it's only got $25 on it and it tried to pre-authorize for more. I'm not sure of the best was to use exactly $25 on my 3 cards without leaving funds or exceeded the limit (lack of creativity on my part, I'm sure..)

Amazon.com gift cards would work. I had the same problem at a restaurant--they could only charge $21 to the card. I ordered an Amazon.com gift card for myself for $4. My card is at $0 now.

don't you guys buy groceries? go to a supermarket and tell them mitch sent you.

kshahk said:   I got my prepaid card, loaded with 25 but never received the free 25.

you are supposed to reload it i guess?

cclyde said:   I expected a gotcha in the fees, but apparently no:

FAQs said: What are the fees on the American Express Prepaid Card?
Below is a list of the fees associated with the American Express Prepaid Card:

ATM FEE American Express provides one free ATM withdrawal per calendar month. Thereafter, a fee of $2.00 is assessed against the balance of the Card.
Please note: ATM owners/operators may also charge their own fees for each withdrawal.
There are no fees for activating or reloading the American Express Prepaid Card.

I'm not sure if there are any ATMs that won't charge a fee for a cash withdrawal using an AMEX Prepaid Card (apart from AMEX's charges).
Could someone let me know if there are any such ATMs, please? Or any information in that direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

I tried one at my credit union ATM last week figuring that would be my best option to avoid a fee. They want 2 dollars per transaction and limit to a 20 dollar withdrawal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.