• 145 6 78
  • Page
  • Text Only
maddybeagle said:   I tried one at my credit union ATM last week figuring that would be my best option to avoid a fee. They want 2 dollars per transaction and limit to a 20 dollar withdrawal.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I spoke to the customer care - they said that (as many of you may be already aware) AMEX doesn't have ATM's of their own. It's just that AMEX does't charge the cardholder for the first withdrawal everymonth; but the ATM owners will.

So, money withdrawal option suddenly looked unattractive to me...with these cards. And wanted to check if anyone on FatWallet has some insight or ideas about this

Has anyone gotten the $25 gift card? Does anyone know we're supposed to receive it by mail or what?

kantscholar said:   Has anyone gotten the $25 gift card? Does anyone know we're supposed to receive it by mail or what?

I think this may have been a bust...

According to an earlier post in this thread, you might have to wait a few months. Perhaps they are waiting until the promotion is over to send out all the bonuses. Can't draw any conclusions, yet.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1170147/m16710799/#m1671...

According to AMEX, you will get a $25 gift card 4-6 weeks after you load your prepaid card, only if you received an email or letter from them inviting you to participate.

If you just read it on the web or on Fat Wallet, you will get nothing. That is what the rep said. Accordingly, I will get nothing.

I think we were scammed. Oh well, haven't lost anything except our time.

Dude, you've violated the first rule of FatWallet: DON'T CALL!

Well, at the very least I'm sure the people taking care of the orders @ the fulfillment center were thrilled w/the OT.

Something similar

https://www212.americanexpress.com/dsmlive/dsm/dom/us/en/persona...

mods let me know if this qualifies for a new post

not that great but 25 $ if your initial load is 200$ or more

MitchFlorida said:   According to AMEX, you will get a $25 gift card 4-6 weeks after you load your prepaid card, only if you received an email or letter from them inviting you to participate.

If you just read it on the web or on Fat Wallet, you will get nothing. That is what the rep said. Accordingly, I will get nothing.

I think we were scammed. Oh well, haven't lost anything except our time.

This is correct, 2 different representatives told me I wouldn't receive anything unless it showed that an email was sent to me before signing up and their system does that automatically. I was pretty mean about it over the phone as well but to no avail. I also told them I received an email even though I haven't.

And other reps have said other things. Don't believe the reps. DON'T EVEN CALL! Just wait and see what happens. If you don't get a bonus, no big deal. If you do, post about it here.

The AMEX prepaid card was mailed to me while I was away for a month.
I haven't had time to load my ordered prepaid card.
But, I received my $25 card today anyway.
So, I think it's automatic.

UltimateTraveler said:   The AMEX prepaid card was mailed to me while I was away for a month.

Did you have email offer for this promotion?

phatwalletguy said:   Something similar

https://www212.americanexpress.com/dsmlive/dsm/dom/us/en/persona...

mods let me know if this qualifies for a new post

not that great but 25 $ if your initial load is 200$ or more

Looks like after March 31 it costs 15 dollars to activate that card.. so basically you can get 10 bucks for loading 200 now.

Whom do I sue? I am carrying around an extra stupid card for no purpose.

Kaparosky said:   UltimateTraveler said:   The AMEX prepaid card was mailed to me while I was away for a month.

No, I signed up with the promotion code obtained from a deal post.

If they charge fee on the card, I don't think I'll ever activate the card.

UltimateTraveler said:   Kaparosky said:   UltimateTraveler said:   The AMEX prepaid card was mailed to me while I was away for a month.

No, I signed up with the promotion code obtained from a deal post.

If they charge fee on the card, I don't think I'll ever activate the card.

So to all those folks trying to call AMEX & checking whether they are eligible for this offer, don't call & ask as we have at least one case where a non targeted person received the promotional 25 card.

I had received 1 $25 bonus card a couple of days ago. I opened three cards and loaded two of them with $25 each (with a third one I had a problem loading funds into so left it alone).

btw I didn't get a targeted letter or email.

still nothing. Of all the hundreds who applied, only 2 got the bonus?

I got a $25 reward card, but not sure if it was for this promo or for the AMEX/AT&T autopay bonus lol

jatan1986 said:   I got a $25 reward card, but not sure if it was for this promo or for the AMEX/AT&T autopay bonus lol

Never thought about that since it was so long ago. Mine could be from AT&T autopay bonus. Got $50 in total anyway, I'm satisfied.

UltimateTraveler said:   jatan1986 said:   I got a $25 reward card, but not sure if it was for this promo or for the AMEX/AT&T autopay bonus lol

Never thought about that since it was so long ago. Mine could be from AT&T autopay bonus. Got $50 in total anyway, I'm satisfied.

Was the $25.00 reward shipped or added to the account online?

Sucks, but im throwing in the towel on this. I read you can get 3 cards per person so I got 6 for my wife and I. Loaded $25 on each of them with the intention of getting it out of the ATM. But of course I did not think ahead about ATMs allowing withdrawls in multiples of $20. So I decided I should add $15 on each one so I can empty each card by withdrawing $40 from each card. However, AMEX requires you to load a minnimum of $25. Thus, I needed to add an additional 35 on each card last night. I hope I don't run into any hassles when I try to withdraw $60 from each of the 6 cards at the surcharge-free ATM.

OliverQuackenbush said:   Sucks, but im throwing in the towel on this. I read you can get 3 cards per person so I got 6 for my wife and I. Loaded $25 on each of them with the intention of getting it out of the ATM. But of course I did not think ahead about ATMs allowing withdrawls in multiples of $20. So I decided I should add $15 on each one so I can empty each card by withdrawing $40 from each card. However, AMEX requires you to load a minnimum of $25. Thus, I needed to add an additional 35 on each card last night. I hope I don't run into any hassles when I try to withdraw $60 from each of the 6 cards at the surcharge-free ATM.

Use them at the store as CC to cash out.

No bonus received here yet.

haha I would do that but that would interfere with a deal from the mynflcard people where if I spend $1250 per month for 3 months I get another 20000 points. It will be tough since I don't spend much. But when I buy something, I NEED to use my NFL card lol.
I want to use the AMEX prepaid at the free ATMs at kwiktrip. I would prefer to get Cash Back.

Still have not received any bonus yet, I already used up my prepaid cards

I know everyone said not to call but I already did, sorry. They told me there was a note on my account from an automated system saying I was not eligible for a promotion. I asked them to get to the bottom of it so they said they would contact me by mail within 7 days.

Why can't people call to see what's going on with a promotion? I mean sure I understand not calling about grey area FWF tactics like churning, etc, where you might be alerting them to a loophole, but everyone here did exactly what AMEX intended so what's the risk?

And by the way I got two useless prepaid cards loaded up with $25 - no bonus as of yet.

jcaserta said:   Why can't people call to see what's going on with a promotion? I mean sure I understand not calling about grey area FWF tactics like churning, etc, where you might be alerting them to a loophole, but everyone here did exactly what AMEX intended so what's the risk?

And by the way I got two useless prepaid cards loaded up with $25 - no bonus as of yet.

You can call all you want . . AMEX is still isn't going to send you any gift cars. We got conned.

I received an email from American Express today (unsolicited) apologizing that I am not eligible for the $25 gift card. When I applied for the AMEX pre-paid card, I was told that did. I am going to call and complain. What's the worst that could happen?

Thank you for ordering the American Express Prepaid Card. Unfortunately you are not eligible for the promotion entered with your order and we are unable to send you a $25 bonus Gift Card. We hope this does not cause you any inconvenience.

Got the same email about 30 minutes ago.

I got that too. Not only that, but they go on to say "But don't worry, you could get $50 by jumping through all these other hoops!" Yeah right AMEX, then I'll get an email a few months down the line saying I "wasn't eligible" for that either.

jcaserta said:   I got that too. Not only that, but they go on to say "But don't worry, you could get $50 by jumping through all these other hoops!" Yeah right AMEX, then I'll get an email a few months down the line saying I "wasn't eligible" for that either.

Got the email too.
$50 if two direct deposits of $250...
that seems like a decent offer i may bite on...though i cant remember if there are fees with this thing.

gobucs007 said:   jcaserta said:   I got that too. Not only that, but they go on to say "But don't worry, you could get $50 by jumping through all these other hoops!" Yeah right AMEX, then I'll get an email a few months down the line saying I "wasn't eligible" for that either.

Got the email too.
$50 if two direct deposits of $250...
that seems like a decent offer i may bite on...though i cant remember if there are fees with this thing.

To receive a $50 bonus credit to your Card, (i) you must be the named recipient of this email, (ii) by July 31, 2012, you must set up recurring direct deposit to your Card of all or part of your paycheck in an amount at least equal to $250 per paycheck and two direct deposit transfers to your Card must have occurred, and (iii) your Card and your direct deposit instructions must be active and in effect at the time the bonus is fulfilled. Please allow 6 weeks after qualifying for the $50 bonus to be credited to your Card. American Express reserves the right to refuse or to delay payment of the bonus if it has determined or suspects that fraud has been committed in connection with the Card or this offer. Offer is available only to Card purchasers who are first-time users of the Card's direct deposit functionality. Limit three (3) bonuses per Card purchaser one per Card user, up to three users. American Express reserves the right to terminate the offer if it determines, in its sole discretion, that causes beyond its control have destroyed or severely undermined the integrity, administration, security, and/or feasibility of the offer.

It sounsd like you need to set up a recurring direct deposit for not 2 pay periods, but 5. They need to keep getting the direct deposits until you actually get the bonus even after qualifying. Each of those have to be $250 or more. So you're looking at tying up $1250 with no rewards bare minimum, plus the hassle of setting those up and unsetting them up. And that's assuming they don't pull this crap again and tell you you didn't qualify.

Not worth it unless you actually want that much money deposited on this thing for whatever reason.

Just got that email too. But I also received the $25 gift card; that was about 2 weeks ago. Odd.

I wonder if bank-to-bank ACH counts as direct deposit in this case?

Received message today: Important Information About The American Express Prepaid Card $25 Gift Card Offer: Thank you for ordering the American Express Prepaid Card. Unfortunately you are not eligible for the promotion entered with your order and we are unable to send you a $25 bonus Gift Card. We hope this does not cause you any inconvenience.

If you would like to redeem the balance on your Card, you can call us to request a refund check. Or you can take advantage of another valuable promotion that includes a $50 bonus please see below for more details.

In other words, they changed the promotion. This is not the first time AMEX does it. One needs to be careful when dealing with this company.

This is the first time I was scammed like that. I think it was the OP fault.

The original offer said it was for the named recipient only.

Live and learn.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014