• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
open up a free checking account and get a free kindle fire for info go here

they have banks throughout Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Virginia

from the site:

For a limited time receive an Amazon Kindle Fire when you open a checking account with Fulton Bank, activate direct deposit and make three online bill payments!

Follow these four easy steps to sign up today:

1) Open a Checking account:
2) Sign up for Direct Deposit:
3) Sign up for Online Banking
with Bill Pay:
4) Log into your new online banking account
and pay three bills

Member Summary

Kindle Fire
Thanks Funnyman1026
Disclaimer

Screenshot with details for archive purposes
Thanks BrycePGH
Disclaimer

Service area
Thanks Yankees
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Can anybody give me the ID number of Fulton bank on the 1099-INT form so that I can complete my tax? I have been out of ... (more)

ldthinh (Mar. 01, 2013 @ 8:44a) |

Same here, I am out of town and was thinking of filling up my returns today.

Where do we need to update this $199 value ... (more)

cyclops13 (Mar. 11, 2013 @ 9:57a) |

any of you guys closed the account already ? is there a minimum period to avoid any fee ?

raghushankarr (May. 08, 2013 @ 11:59a) |

From dcwilbur: Service area
From bksavings: Fulton Bank NJ shows up on Yodlee as "The Bank (NJ)"
Routing # for Fulton Bank of NJ: 031207636 as found here

*Offer valid when opening a new retail checking account between February 19, 2012 and March 31, 2012, establishing direct deposit of $250 or more within 60 days of account opening and enrolling in Online Banking with Bill Pay and making three bill payments within 90 days of account opening. The direct deposit requirement, such as Social Security, pension or payroll must be completed within 60 days of account opening. Qualifying payments are defined as any payments made using our online bill payment service. Payments to yourself do not qualify. FFC employees and immediate family members sharing a household are not eligible. Gift will be sent 6-8 weeks after the conditions above have been met. We reserve the right to substitute an item of equal value. Customers are responsible for possible tax implications. May not be combined with any other offer. Terms and conditions subject to change. Offer may be withdrawn without notice. Accounts are subject to account related fees, including non-sufficient funds or standard overdraft fees. **Fulton Bank does not charge a fee for you to use Mobile Banking. Your mobile phone provider may charge access fees or data usage fees to obtain web access. Message and data rates may apply. Check with your service carrier for more details on specific fees. Fulton Bank is not associated with Amazon Kindle Fire.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

what is "check safekeeping"?

Fine Prints if anyone is interested

Member FDIC. Member of the Fulton Financial Family. *Offer valid when opening a new retail checking account by March 31, 2012, establishing direct deposit of $250 or more within 60 days of account opening and enrolling in Online Banking with Bill Pay and making three bill payments within 90 days of account opening. The direct deposit requirement, such as Social Security, pension or payroll must be completed within 60 days of account opening. Qualifying payments are defined as any payments made using our online bill payment service. Payments to yourself do not qualify. FFC employees and immediate family members sharing a household are not eligible. Gift will be sent 6-8 weeks after the conditions above have been met. We reserve the right to substitute an item of equal value. Customers are responsible for possible tax implications. May not be combined with any other offer. Terms and conditions subject to change. Offer may be withdrawn without notice. Accounts are subject to account related fees, including non-sufficient funds or standard overdraft fees. **Fulton Bank does not charge a fee for you to use Mobile Banking. Your mobile phone provider may charge access fees or data usage fees to obtain web access. Message and data rates may apply. Check with your service carrier for more details on specific fees. Fulton Bank is not associated with Amazon Kindle Fire.

njguy646 said:   what is "check safekeeping"?

From BoA site:

A service that authorizes a bank to keep copies of canceled checks instead of returning them with a statement; photocopies of checks are available upon request.

anyone know if paypal ach counts as DD?

FYI - Fulton Bank of New Jersey was known as "The Bank" until recently.

*

dealmaster00 said:   anyone know if paypal ach counts as DD?

Bump - would love to know what qualifies as DD.

Appears to not be available online for out of area.

Unfortunately, you live outside of Fulton Bank's servicing area, and we cannot offer you a loan at this time.
To speak with a customer service representative, please contact the Direct Banking Center at: 1.800.FULTON.4 (1.800.385.8664)

Fulton Financial Corporation has banks in 5 states on the east coast.

jkp923 said:   Fine Prints if anyone is interested

Member FDIC. Member of the Fulton Financial Family. *Offer valid when opening a new retail checking account by March 31, 2012, establishing direct deposit of $250 or more within 60 days of account opening and enrolling in Online Banking with Bill Pay and making three bill payments within 90 days of account opening. The direct deposit requirement, such as Social Security, pension or payroll must be completed within 60 days of account opening. Qualifying payments are defined as any payments made using our online bill payment service. Payments to yourself do not qualify. FFC employees and immediate family members sharing a household are not eligible. Gift will be sent 6-8 weeks after the conditions above have been met. We reserve the right to substitute an item of equal value. Customers are responsible for possible tax implications. May not be combined with any other offer. Terms and conditions subject to change. Offer may be withdrawn without notice. Accounts are subject to account related fees, including non-sufficient funds or standard overdraft fees. **Fulton Bank does not charge a fee for you to use Mobile Banking. Your mobile phone provider may charge access fees or data usage fees to obtain web access. Message and data rates may apply. Check with your service carrier for more details on specific fees. Fulton Bank is not associated with Amazon Kindle Fire.


Thanks for posting fine prints. I think i would rather buy a kindle and try for this bait. I could rather than spend $200 and get a kindle than getting pinched for not reading fine prints and signing on the dotted lines.

What is wrong with the fine print? Does not seem anything out of the ordinary.

Theczar said:   jkp923 said:   Fine Prints if anyone is interested

Member FDIC. Member of the Fulton Financial Family. *Offer valid when opening a new retail checking account by March 31, 2012, establishing direct deposit of $250 or more within 60 days of account opening and enrolling in Online Banking with Bill Pay and making three bill payments within 90 days of account opening. The direct deposit requirement, such as Social Security, pension or payroll must be completed within 60 days of account opening. Qualifying payments are defined as any payments made using our online bill payment service. Payments to yourself do not qualify. FFC employees and immediate family members sharing a household are not eligible. Gift will be sent 6-8 weeks after the conditions above have been met. We reserve the right to substitute an item of equal value. Customers are responsible for possible tax implications. May not be combined with any other offer. Terms and conditions subject to change. Offer may be withdrawn without notice. Accounts are subject to account related fees, including non-sufficient funds or standard overdraft fees. **Fulton Bank does not charge a fee for you to use Mobile Banking. Your mobile phone provider may charge access fees or data usage fees to obtain web access. Message and data rates may apply. Check with your service carrier for more details on specific fees. Fulton Bank is not associated with Amazon Kindle Fire.


Thanks for posting fine prints. I think i would rather buy a kindle and try for this bait. I could rather than spend $200 and get a kindle than getting pinched for not reading fine prints and signing on the dotted lines.

Their locator shows several "Columbia Bank" locations near me in Maryland (Baltimore/DC area). Any idea if this promo is valid at those locations as well?

edit: yep it is, identical site with different logo

@njguy646, i was reading these 2 points.

establishing direct deposit of $250 or more within 60 days of account opening and enrolling in Online Banking with Bill Pay and making three bill payments within 90 days of account opening.

Accounts are subject to account related fees, including non-sufficient funds or standard overdraft fees.

There is no mention of account type, some will have stuff like u must do direct deposit or else $10/mo fee, you must do 3 debit transactions else $3 fee. I still think i can go and buy a $200 kindle on my own than fall into some bait

scottxmso said:   Their locator shows several "Columbia Bank" locations near me in Maryland (Baltimore/DC area). Any idea if this promo is valid at those locations as well?

edit: yep it is, identical site with different logo


Actually, it is "thecolumbiabank.com"... Columbia bank is in washington state.

I think I looked at this group of banks a while ago. I can't seem to recall, but I believe they "may" do a hard pull when opening any account (at least the first time). Probably because they are a real bank, with all the bank services. Oh, and even though you "think" you are opening an account online, you will have to print and SNAIL-MAIL in a signature card.

But other than that, probably a good deal. I may set it up (you can cancel the DD and bill pays after you receive the Kindle Fire). No sneaky terms to maintain free checking.

Edited to add: I set up in branch (easier to ask all my questions). Verified no hard pull. Should be one of the easiest promos EVER!

Going to that area mid march, might be worth a stop. If the offer is still alive. Please post if someone else tries and they require a mailing address in their area.

it's free checking no fees no interest on money. you have to complete all the items DD of $250 a month within 60 days, only 3 bill payments within 90 days. they told me no hard pull of credit, they do check for any bad or bounced checks.

will they send a 1099 for this next year? I remember opening a bank account for an ipod touch (with another bank) and they said they would report it to the IRS for tax purposes. It's not stated in the T&C so I'm not sure...

i did it and there are no fees if you don't complete all of the requirements you don't get the Kindle Fire. also just called 800- 385-8664 the direct deposit is $250 each paycheck not total for the month.





Theczar said:   @njguy646, i was reading these 2 points.

establishing direct deposit of $250 or more within 60 days of account opening and enrolling in Online Banking with Bill Pay and making three bill payments within 90 days of account opening.

Accounts are subject to account related fees, including non-sufficient funds or standard overdraft fees.

There is no mention of account type, some will have stuff like u must do direct deposit or else $10/mo fee, you must do 3 debit transactions else $3 fee. I still think i can go and buy a $200 kindle on my own than fall into some bait

scottxmso said:   Their locator shows several "Columbia Bank" locations near me in Maryland (Baltimore/DC area). Any idea if this promo is valid at those locations as well?

edit: yep it is, identical site with different logo


Thank you!

kvs25 said:   will they send a 1099 for this next year? I remember opening a bank account for an ipod touch (with another bank) and they said they would report it to the IRS for tax purposes. It's not stated in the T&C so I'm not sure...

This is an important point to consider. It's not free if you are paying taxes on a very expensive kindle. I would assume that you will be getting a 1099.

I looked into this and tried to open a checking account and only residents of VA, DE, PA, MD and NJ may open/apply to open a checking account (a deposit account called also) to obtain the Kindle. Sorry guys...I tried!

if they do send a 1099 you will pay taxes on $200 if you're in the 20% tax bracket you will pay $40. if i posted a deal for a Kindle Fire for $40 you would be breaking down the door to the place.


dbl118 said:   kvs25 said:   will they send a 1099 for this next year? I remember opening a bank account for an ipod touch (with another bank) and they said they would report it to the IRS for tax purposes. It's not stated in the T&C so I'm not sure...

This is an important point to consider. It's not free if you are paying taxes on a very expensive kindle. I would assume that you will be getting a 1099.

There is a branch right across from my office.

Do CA residents qaulify? And what about DD? Does a bank-to-bank ACH transfer qualify as DD?

Before you figure out how to meet the bank's requirements, think about whether you'd really want a Kindle Fire. Read the specs.

thx op! something for me to do this saturday!

It seems you need "real" direct deposit (paycheck, etc.): 2) Sign up for Direct Deposit:

STEP 1 - Open a Checking Account at Fulton Bank.

Apply for an account online using the link to the left or by visiting a local branch. Then, stop using your current bank's deposit account. Be sure to leave sufficient funds in the account until all outstanding checks and automatic payments have cleared.

STEP 2 - Change your Direct Deposits and Automatic Payments.

Print and complete the forms below and bring them to a Fulton Bank branch. We'll handle everything from there!

Automatic Payment Authorization Form
Automatic Deposit Authorization Form

Need assistance with these forms? Our friendly Fulton Bank staff is ready to help! Please bring a recent bill or statement, which includes an account number, for all deposits and payments to the branch.

Buckmann said:   Before you figure out how to meet the bank's requirements, think about whether you'd really want a Kindle Fire. Read the specs.
Even if you don't personally want a Kindle Fire, you can probably make a small profit unloading it on eBay.

Hopefully it's not engraved with the bank's logo like the Bank of the West iPods.

MidnightLight said:   Buckmann said:   Before you figure out how to meet the bank's requirements, think about whether you'd really want a Kindle Fire. Read the specs.
Even if you don't personally want a Kindle Fire, you can probably make a small profit unloading it on eBay.

Hopefully it's not engraved with the bank's logo like the Bank of the West iPods.


Agreed. Although even that was easy to unload on Craigslist.

Anyone know/confirm if this offer is limited to one per household?

Can you open checking account online and do the DD and Bill Pay to qualify for the Kindle Fire?

any ideas if current customers are eligible? or is it only new customers?

MidnightLight said:   Buckmann said:   Before you figure out how to meet the bank's requirements, think about whether you'd really want a Kindle Fire. Read the specs.
Even if you don't personally want a Kindle Fire, you can probably make a small profit unloading it on eBay.

Hopefully it's not engraved with the bank's logo like the Bank of the West iPods.

Not to pee on your parade, but consider this: by the time you get your gift, the Kindle Fire 2 will be ready to ship. So diminished resale value if you get a Kindle Fire 1, a refurbed one, or something else of 'equal value'. To jump through these hoops, I would prefer cash.
Gift will be sent 6-8 weeks after the conditions above have been met. We reserve the right to substitute an item of equal value.

fantastic! thx op!

I just called up and spoke to someone in one of the NJ branches (think she may have been the branch manager). Super nice and friendly.

General info
* confirmed that each direct deposit must be $250 or greater (i.e. $125 every 2 weeks won't count)
* promo is valid for NJ (I had to double check cause the main Fulton Bank website is separate from the NJ Fulton Bank website)
* any of the checking accounts will qualify (she had specifically referenced the Free Checking). see here
* you can apply online, but they prefer that you do it in-branch "so that they can get to know you, and you can see how helpful and friendly they are"

Online Application
* really fast (<5 mins)
* link here
* have handy your: SSN, driver's License or other governmental identification
* you need to print out, sign and mail back a "Signature Card" at the end of the app process.
* initial funding: $25 minimum for the free account. can be funded either through ACH or mailed check
* they need to receive the signature card and process the initial funding before they activate your account

I live in a valid state and mailed in my signature form this morning after completing the online application. A few hours later i received a voicemail saying I live out of the eligible area. According to their T&C, I satisfy what they are looking for by living in Pennsylvania, even if the closest branch is 3 hours away. I am just going to see what happens, I don't feel like arguing too much for the free gift.

UPDATE
My bad--I misunderstood that badly written sentence. (you can still see in the next post...)
Removed not to confuse...

C4me said:   Caution! It is possible that you going to have to pay more than $200; this was the case with optionhouse.
Very smart guys they gave you kindle fire together with >$600 on 1099; making such a form makes this a free kindle fire for them as they do not have to pay taxes on $600 which is probably more than they paid for that fire anyway...
I am passing this offer as I am already happy with thrive but those who go for it get some confirmation about 1099 number that you are going to get afterwards:
_____________________
Here is fine print from optionhouse deal:

The free Kindle Fire promotion applies only to newly funded OptionsHouse customers who initially fund their account within 60 days of completing the application. To be eligible for the Kindle Fire, you must satisfy both of the following requirements: (1) Fund a new OptionsHouse account with a minimum of $10,000 for a cash or margin account using promo code FIRE; (2) Make 15 commissionable trades within 90 days after funding your new OptionsHouse account. Note: Commission-free trades do not qualify toward the 15 trades. Fulfillment of the free Kindle Fire will occur within 30 days once both requirements are fully satisfied. Limit one promotional item per household please. This promotion may not be combined with other offers and additional restrictions may apply. Only individual or joint OptionsHouse accounts, personal trust accounts, and business accounts are eligible. The promotion is not available for retirement accounts including, among others, IRA, Roth IRA, SEP, and SIMPLE accounts; 401(k) and 403 ( B ) workplace retirement plans; UTMAs and UGMAs; fiduciary accounts (including custodial accounts, estate accounts); college investment trust accounts; and 529 college savings plan accounts. OptionsHouse reserves the right to restrict or revoke this offer at any time. This is not an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction where we are not authorized to do business. Taxes related to OptionsHouse offers are your responsibility. Retail values totaling $600 or more during the calendar year will be included in your consolidated Form 1099. Kindle Fire images property of Amazon.com and used with permission. 2011 Amazon.com, Inc. All rights reserved. Void where prohibited. OptionsHouse reserves the right to debit $199 from any account that has received a Kindle Fire and has either closed their account or withdrawn assets below the minimum qualifying funding level within 180 days of original funding date. This promotion expires December 31, 2012.
If you read what you posted you would see they specifically state the value of the Kindle Fire at $199. No worries to be had at optionhouse or here about getting a $600 1099.

removed

C4me said:   LiquidSilver, The statement you sent in bold is stating that they can charge you up to $200, so see my message above with the $600 sentence in bold.
(I also added link for you.)
As far as I understand it is technique they use to get out of their own taxes; that was probably also the reason for citi 1099 for TYP that were gotten through debit offers.
It is actually an interesting idea that was in finance for a while: you can sell your debt. Instead here the company moves its taxes to us by paying for some payment above what we would pay for the taxes; it benefits both parties you get some premium on taking their 1099. Let me put it in numbers:
Say fire costs $180 to them and you could buy it for $200 and portion of profit for that company is short term so 35% bracket while say you are at 25% bracket
Let us now do calculation with $600 1099:
You: 200-25% of 600=200-150=$50 so you are 50 bucks ahead of the game
Company: -150+35% of 600=-180+210=$30 so they are $30 ahead plus got you on board so double plus for them
Notice how difference of $20=$200-$180 dollars became $80 for both of you via 1099.
Of course your bracket affects how much you make on the deal but actually does not change their perspective.


They aren't saying that they are going to issue you a 1099 for $600 for the Kindle. They're saying that if you receive $600 worth of retail goods from them over the entire calendar year, they'll include it in your 1099.

Skipping 147 Messages...
any of you guys closed the account already ? is there a minimum period to avoid any fee ?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014