Discover Card St. Pats bonus

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
vickh said:   This promotion applies to purchases made on March 16 and 17, 2011, and there is no purchase cap.Your Jennifer is more generous than my Mildred, who has the advantage of not being a year behind:...only good on March 17, 2012.

I've preordered the iPad 3, but I may cancel and reorder on the 17th for the extra $10. I was able to sign up via live chat.

Discover called me yesterday to tell me about this promotion. But when I told the rep that I planned to use my 5% Visa card on the 17th, he said he'd throw in an extra $5 CashBack if I used my Discover card instead. I said, "Sure, why not."

The moral of the story: never jump at the first offer.

Pondus said:   ProfessorEd said:   This could be useful when combined with the ability to make some utility payments via Discover cards.Have you determined how the transaction date relates to the date (and perhaps time) of submitting the Charge Smart payment request?I made a utility payment through ChargeSmart a few minutes ago, and Discover's website shows a pending charge with today (Saturday 3/17/2012) as the transaction date, so I think it's likely that I'll get the 2% (I don't know for sure what it'll say when it actually posts, but I'm guessing it'll have the same transaction date as the pending transaction).

(For the Delivery Date to the utility though, ChargeSmart says 3/19-3/22, but that doesn't matter to me.)

So, if I go to the movies today will I get 2% or 7%?

For the Valentine's day promotion like this, my purchases were on the qualifying day, but posted the next day. Discovercard still paid the extra 2%. So Transaction day controls for the 2% promotion.
==========================================================
Movies will be the extra 2% and 5% separately. Total rebate will be 7%.

JW said:   For the Valentine's day promotion like this, my purchases were on the qualifying day, but posted the next day. Discovercard still paid the extra 2%. So Transaction day controls for the 2% promotion.
==========================================================
Movies will be the extra 2% and 5% separately. Total rebate will be 7%.

Thanks. Does Fandango count for movies? I believe Shop Discover is offering 20% off for them.

Awesome time to go buy some gas with my discover card.

A CSR told me that ShopDiscover purchases will also earn the extra 2% Cash Back.

glxpass said:   A CSR told me that ShopDiscover purchases will also earn the extra 2% Cash Back.

I went ahead and bought a Fandango GC today via ShopDiscover (they are 10%, not 20%). We'll see...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.