BP Credit Cards - PumpRewards.com

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I came across this site searching for a credit card - www.pumprewards.com

Basically, using BP Credit Cards gives you two ways of redeeming points - At the pump or statement credit.

There are two cards (See link on top left "Learn how to apply") -

The BP Visa® with Pump Rewards -
Two ways to earn points - At your BP Station 15˘ per gallon rebates for every $100 you spend at BP Or Everywhere Else 5˘ per gallon rebates for every $100 you spend on virtually all other purchases*

Two ways to redeem -
1) Right at the Pump. Just swipe your card at participating BP stations, and then select YES to redeem and watch your per gallon price drop instantly. Rebates are good for a one time fill on up to 20 gallons of fuel. To find participating stations, look for the BP Pump Rewards logo or visit www.pumprewards.com. (Not available in Alabama and New Jersey)
2) On Your Statement - Get a $15 statement credit for every $1 you earn in cents per gallon rebates—redeem at www.chase.com/bp or call the number on the back of your card.

The BP Card with Pump Rewards

Earn 5˘ in "cents per gallon rebates" for every $100 you spend on everything at BP – from any grade of gas to coffee or snacks inside.

Two ways to redeem -
1) Right at the Pump - Just swipe your card at participating BP stations, then select YES to redeem and watch your per gallon price drop instantly. Rebates are good for a one time fill on up to 20 gallons of fuel. To find participating stations, look for the BP Pump Rewards logo or go to
www.pumprewards.com. (Not available in Alabama and New Jersey)
2) Right on your statement - Get a $3 statement credit for every 20˘ you earn in cents per gallon rebates—redeem at www.chase.com/bp or call the number on the back of your card.

I know this might be confusing, but there is a nifty calculator on the site to give you a better idea of earning potential.

Top Left of the home page has the links to the actual credit cards too.

Enjoy!

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

If my math is correct $100 spend gets $2.25 for gas\ $0.75 for all else or 2.25% for bp and 0.75% for everything else

work @ arco /am pm ??

mine processes as arco/paypoint..

The changeover in rewards is discussed a bunch here, but it doesn't include the calculator (I don't think). My dad has/had this card and is looking to switch - probably to penfed.

yes to 2.25/0.75 math is correct.

Most people are disappointed with the switch over, I just started using the penfed platinum rewards card 2 weeks ago. BP card went in the drawer. Waiting for the last statement so I can call and cash out.

I was a bookkeeper for over 35 years, my husband a college man, and it's too complicated to try to figure out the formula to find out what you are getting; also, I liked getting a report each month as to what the rewards were "On my Statement

I think with the BP credit card you'll qualify for cash prices at BP station.

EdMcK515 said:   I think with the BP credit card you'll qualify for cash prices at BP station.You may want to check your thinking. Contrary reports exist, for example at http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/2012/bp-credit-card-rewards-bad-asno/.

When you use the rewards credit it resets the reward credit to zero. Therefore if you only hold 10 gallons, half of your rewards are lost. Spending $100 @ BP pump does get you $.15 price reduction. If you get the full 20 gallons it works out to 3%. Therefore $.05 price reduction for spending elsewhere works out to 1% reward, but only when you purchase the full 20 gallons. If you choose the Statement Credit option of $3.00 for each $.20 you are forfeiting 25% of the rewards you would get by redeeming at the pump with a 20 ballon purchase. This all assumes that the BP where you do redemptions is a good value compared to other gasoline.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014