• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Introductory annual fee of $0 for the first year, then $450.- A benefit offered to you as an Ameriprise client

After reading the TOC, it looks like a normal AMEX Platinum card, free lounge access, $200 Airline credit, etc.

Posting here because I'm not sure I've ever seen an AMEX Platinum offer with no annual fee for the first year. Pretty solid for people with Ameriprise accounts, and travel a lot/would benefit just by having the card.

Member Summary

American Express
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

A word of warning for those thinking about signing up without having an Ameriprise account - you will get the card as long as you fit the credit requirements. However, in my case 4 months later American Express did an account review and - even though I provided tax returns which showed my income was OVER what I reported my income was when I applied for my AMEX cards, they closed them all for "other reasons" which they would not identify. I'll never know whether the two things were connected, and I was able to get another AMEX card 6 months later, but I'd at least recommend caution for those who don't technically qualify. It cost me about $60,000 in credit lines.

Considering this is worth $400 airline credit ($200x2 calendar years) and free Global Entry sign-up AND lounge access I wonder how hard it would be to get an Ameriprise account

I got this card when it was offered almost 2 years ago for free, totally worth it!

imbatman said:   Link

Introductory annual fee of $0 for the first year, then $450.- A benefit offered to you as an Ameriprise client

After reading the TOC, it looks like a normal AMEX Platinum card, free lounge access, $200 Airline credit, etc.

Posting here because I'm not sure I've ever seen an AMEX Platinum offer with no annual fee for the first year. Pretty solid for people with Ameriprise accounts, and travel a lot/would benefit just by having the card.
Please note that this offer is technically only open to Ameriprise's Achiever Circle Elite customers, which requires you to have over $500,000 in eligible assets with Ameriprise. YMMV.

Dynastar454 said:   Considering this is worth $400 airline credit ($200x2 calendar years) and free Global Entry sign-up AND lounge access I wonder how hard it would be to get an Ameriprise account

2 years?

there will be 450$ fee the 2nd year, right?

geo123 said:   imbatman said:   Link

Please note that this offer is technically only open to Ameriprice's Achiever Circle Elite customers, which requires you to have over $500,000 in eligible assets with Ameriprise. YMMV.

it says that for elite master card, not for platinum card

I have costco-ameriprise auto insurance
does that count

?

mrkk said:   Dynastar454 said:   Considering this is worth $400 airline credit ($200x2 calendar years) and free Global Entry sign-up AND lounge access I wonder how hard it would be to get an Ameriprise account

2 years?

Annual fee kicks in after 365 days, but the $200 bonus is usable once per calendar year.

mrkk said:   
2 years?

$200 this year, $200 on Jan 1 2013. You can cancel after Jan 1 before Annual fee hits 4/7/13 (assuming approval today).

magika said:   A word of warning for those thinking about signing up without having an Ameriprise account - you will get the card as long as you fit the credit requirements. However, in my case 4 months later American Express did an account review and - even though I provided tax returns which showed my income was OVER what I reported my income was when I applied for my AMEX cards, they closed them all for "other reasons" which they would not identify. I'll never know whether the two things were connected, and I was able to get another AMEX card 6 months later, but I'd at least recommend caution for those who don't technically qualify. It cost me about $60,000 in credit lines.

what's the least hassle way to an Ameriprise token account.. I know they push a lot of high fee products..

mrkk said:   it says that for elite master card, not for platinum card

I have costco-ameriprise auto insurance
does that count

?
It says that for the Platinum card:

Achiever Circle Elite members receive special benefits designed for Ameriprise Financial clients.

Exclusive Membership RewardsŪ bonus for Ameriprise Financial clients: Earn an additional 5,000 Membership Rewards bonus points for every $20,000 in eligible spending, up to 30,000 bonus points per year.
Complimentary Airport Club Access Program
Platinum Card Concierge
Annual fee waived for Ameriprise clients for one year (a savings of $450).

Has anyone applied who is NOT a Ameriprise's Achiever Circle Elite customer?

Thanks.

I would like to know that as well. I am also a costco-ameriprise auto/renters insurance customer. My additional circumstance is that, although my Husband and I have a combined income of $100,000+/yr, we were discharged from a chapter 7 bk in Nov. 2010. Will this effect our ability to qualify?

Does this offer come with points?

mysteryAgain said:   Does this offer come with points?

the title of the thread says no signup bonus.

imbatman said:   mysteryAgain said:   Does this offer come with points?

So this deal is only marginally (if at all) better than the standard one with 50K signup bonus, especially if one is planning to fly this year.

mysteryAgain said:   imbatman said:   mysteryAgain said:   Does this offer come with points?

So this deal is only marginally (if at all) better than the standard one with 50K signup bonus, especially if one is planning to fly this year.

the answer to that question depends on how you value MR points, and if you're the type of person that stays away from annual fee cards.

I am in no way shape or form an Ameriprise customer but was able to use the first year free link back in January to get a card with the fee waved for the first year. Have double checked every month to make sure I never got charged the fee. I don't know if like someone else mentioned your income level matters or perhaps the fact I have an average monthly balance of about $3000 so the chose to ignore it.

Either way, when January rolls back around I'm gonna call them up and tell them to either give me a second year free or I'll cancel the card and try signing up again using the free link and take the hard credit inquiry hit to my credit report.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014