• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just received an offer in the mail for an AMEX Blue Sky card. Offer includes 30,000 bonus points after spending $500.

Also offers 0% APR and BT for the first 15 months.

Best of all no annual fee. This is probably a targeted offer.

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What makes you think it is targeted? Long invite code?

dooogie said:   What makes you think it is targeted? Long invite code?

Yes, the RSVP code was 14 characters. I just finished applying over the phone and was approved for 10k CL.

Those aren't MR points.

I got the same invite and the card just came in today. Seems like a good deal.. I don't like being restricted to spending the points on travel expenses but for $400 I'll cave.

It was a 14 digit targeted invite code and I remember it saying I needed excellent credit once I put the code in.

Sounds like it's targeted, then. Damn.

OffroadFever said:   I got the same invite and the card just came in today. Seems like a good deal.. I don't like being restricted to spending the points on travel expenses but for $400 I'll cave.

It was a 14 digit targeted invite code and I remember it saying I needed excellent credit once I put the code in.

I will be traveling this summer and $400 dollars will help out a lot. So for me it was a no-brainer.

dooogie said:   Sounds like it's targeted, then. Damn.

It still may be possible to call AMEX and ask anyway.

What am I supposed to tell them?

dooogie said:   What am I supposed to tell them?

yeah a scan would help!

We can't reuse the code, right?

AMEX Blue Sky
Disclaimer
Attached is a scan of the offer.

So after the 30,000 points, it looks like every $7500 you spend you can cash in for $100 statement credit, a 1.3% return. For no annual fee, that's pretty good, right along the lines of one of Citi's Thank You Preferred/Premier, which is only 1.2% back.

For my money, if you're in the market for an airline card long term and can get an AMEX, I don't know why you wouldn't apply for PRG for 3% back on airfare, though if it's just a short-term plan for the 30,000 points good on ya.

Sounds like a pretty good card. Waiting anxiously to see if I received a targeted offer in the mail.

oh wow, I trashed this when going through the mail today (old habit of ignoring travel stuff, didn't realize bluesky was literally anything and no fee)...just dug through the trash and found it...instantly approved, thanks op!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014