• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
SPEEDWAY GAS STATION / SPEEDY REWARDS PROGRAM

Dear Your-Name-Here,

Come participate in our exclusive Frequent Shopper Program. You could earn

It's easy! Here's how:

Earn 7,000 bonus points when you make any purchase* on 10 separate days at any Speedway location between April 01 -28, 2012

Remember to use your Speedy Rewards card number containing * YOUR-CARD-NUMBER-HERE * on each of the 10 days! You can also use the Alternate ID tied to this account.

Daily visits will be tracked AUTOMATICALLY.

Bonus points will be AUTOMATICALLY added to your account within 30 days after the Frequent Shopper Program ends.

*Program excludes transactions when only cigarettes are purchased. One bonus point award per member.

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This comes up about three times a year. I have a Speedway in all directions from my house, and a bunch of Speedway GCs I bought during the 5% Discover gas last quarter. So since my commute is 60 miles RT, I stop in every other day and either put in 2-3 gallons or buy a soft drink. (Yes, I know I could just put in $0.10 of gas, but that would be choking the golden goose.)

The best redemption in my opinion is letting the balance get to 24,500 and getting a $25 GC. If you buy 3 gallons at a time during the promo periods, that comes out to be a 23 cent/gallon redemption.

I'm a former Speedway supporter. I found I get better mpg at the same cost from the nearby Mobil. Buh-bye Speedway.

clemente21 said:   This comes up about three times a year. I have a Speedway in all directions from my house, and a bunch of Speedway GCs I bought during the 5% Discover gas last quarter. So since my commute is 60 miles RT, I stop in every other day and either put in 2-3 gallons or buy a soft drink. (Yes, I know I could just put in $0.10 of gas, but that would be choking the golden goose.)

The best redemption in my opinion is letting the balance get to 24,500 and getting a $25 GC. If you buy 3 gallons at a time during the promo periods, that comes out to be a 23 cent/gallon redemption.

So 7000 points =~ $7 ? Then 10 in-person transactions seem too much of a hassle for the measly amount ... math right ?

I go for the $25 Food & Merchandise GC for 17,000 points.

they have been cracking down on speeding and reckless driving in my state. to further this goal they renamed all the speedway gas stations to "superamerica".

invisible said:   So 7000 points =~ $7 ? Then 10 in-person transactions seem too much of a hassle for the measly amount ... math right ?Right. Not worth it if you have to go out of your way. But if you pass two of them every day like I do (and one has the cheapest gas on my commute to work) it's not that difficult to remember to stop every third day during the promo periods.

My experience is that Speedway stations are dirty, often out of receipt paper, windshield cleaner brushes ripped and dirty sitting in dry bins or filthy water... I only stop there if no other comparable options. I would never eat their food.

The Speedway loyalty program has really gone down the last 2-3 years. It used to be really good until there was about an approx 50% increase in points needed for $100 speedy cash gift cards (about 3 years ago), then it became harder to earn points, and at the first of the year they discontinued the instant 4% discount on the AAA speedy cash card refills.

I agree with johndeve, however its the only option I have for gas station rewards so why not use it. I use to always buy the $50 gift card to get the 1000 points but they changed that to $100 gift card for 1500 points. What a ripoff! But its better then nothing I guess! I usually get a free $25 giftcard every 3-4 months.

I like Speedway. They are very clean here and have better gas. They also have some really good tearpad coupons that I can use elsewhere. And the Mountain Dew club seals the deal for me!

klbarnes1 said:   I agree with johndeve, however its the only option I have for gas station rewards so why not use it. I use to always buy the $50 gift card to get the 1000 points but they changed that to $100 gift card for 1500 points. What a ripoff! But its better then nothing I guess! I usually get a free $25 giftcard every 3-4 months.

For this month anyway, I believe it is 500 points for every $25 in gift cards. It does vary from month to month it seems.

Speedway suck

I'm doing an experiment, but I don't have time to go around and collect all the Speedy Rewards points I need. I want to buy some.
It's easy...
They let you do points transfers online (you put in the amount to transfer) at Speedway.com, and I can pay you with PayPal. I'm serious - I'll even pay you before you make the transfer to make sure it's on the up-and-up. I'll pay you at least what they're worth if you cash them in at the gas station(or a little more?). Let me know how many you have if you want to sell some.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014