• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is an incredible deal. Ameritrade has the best trading platform in TOS.

I do at least 20 trades a month, so that is another $600 in savings for me.

https://www.tdameritrade.com/offer/ta90days/index.html?a=AZP&cid...

Even with only $2000 deposit, you get 90 days free trading.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts

charly (May. 07, 2012 @ 1:53a) |

Apparently does not apply to current TDAmeritrade customers. Upon application:

"Account Opening Bonus

Our records indicate... (more)

fatbill (Jun. 12, 2012 @ 10:35a) |

90days+1000 got replaced with 60d+600 now

chaddi (Jun. 13, 2012 @ 12:21a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

"Account must remain open with minimum funding required for participating in the offer for 9 months, or TD Ameritrade may charge the account for the cost of the cash awarded to the account. "

E-Trade has a similar program . . 2 months free trades with a 6 month commitment. I will switch back to Ameritrade in September. And then it is back to E-Trade in 9 months . . I'm sorry but $1.600 is $1.600.

1600 on 250k in 9 months is .85% annualized.. incredible deal?? -- really??

An other companies doing a good CashBack sign up bonus when you invest 10k-20k? I'll never see 250k in my life.

tzeric said:   1600 on 250k in 9 months is .85% annualized.. incredible deal?? -- really??

Yes, you're being rewarded for simply parking investments with them, i.e. Ameritrade is buying your business. This is not a bank account. Don't you get it?

tzeric said:   1600 on 250k in 9 months is .85% annualized.. incredible deal?? -- really??

Do me a favor, big spender. Send me $1600 to me via Pay Pal. Yeah, I thought so.

Obviously, the bonus is on top of what you can earn in your account, which was over 10 percent for me last year.

This is pretty obvious, but still wanted to point out that you'll be hit with a 1099 for the $1000.

Still, if you happen to have $250K in another brokerage, this is a no brainer good deal. Especially if you do a lot of trades. Definitely worth the 30 minutes it will take to apply for an account and do a transfer.

This offer is valid for IRA's, some of these brokerage offers aren't.

ipickuppennies said:   tzeric said:   1600 on 250k in 9 months is .85% annualized.. incredible deal?? -- really??

Yes, you're being rewarded for simply parking investments with them, i.e. Ameritrade is buying your business. This is not a bank account. Don't you get it?

No he does not but he has a lot of FW company. This type of silly comment is present on all stock brokerage deals. For those with investments in stocks, these are great deals.

Americans who believe that Social Security funds should not be individually invested in US stocks believe that this country has no future.

aleck said:   This is pretty obvious, but still wanted to point out that you'll be hit with a 1099 for the $1000.

I did this before with TDAM and if the bonus is less than $600 there is no 1099. So only transfer $100K and get the $500 tax free.

Onenote said:   aleck said:   This is pretty obvious, but still wanted to point out that you'll be hit with a 1099 for the $1000.

I did this before with TDAM and if the bonus is less than $600 there is no 1099. So only transfer $100K and get the $500 tax free.

All earnings, however paltry, are taxable. OTOH, a bonus deposited directly into a tax-advantaged account amounts to a "dividend" which should not be subject to tax.

ipickuppennies said:   Onenote said:   aleck said:   This is pretty obvious, but still wanted to point out that you'll be hit with a 1099 for the $1000.

All earnings, however paltry, are taxable. OTOH, a bonus deposited directly into a tax-advantaged account amounts to a "dividend" which should not be subject to tax.

Bonus deposited in a traditional IRA is taxed when it is eventually withdrawn.

Onenote said:   aleck said:   This is pretty obvious, but still wanted to point out that you'll be hit with a 1099 for the $1000.

Assuming a marginal tax rate of at least 40%.

OP, what kind of trading do you do?

whodini said:   OP, what kind of trading do you do?

Why does it matter?

MitchFlorida said:   whodini said:   OP, what kind of trading do you do?

Why does it matter?

It's an even better deal for regular options traders, if they are paying typical option commissions. Probably a good idea for existing customers to contact Ameritrade before getting another (new) account. Also I believe Ameritrade only allows one margin account per customer.

there's also an offer of 25K AA Miles with $50K deposit.
I'm just signing up with a new portfolio manager who custodies at Ameritrade. As per rep, I would have to open two different types of accounts (individual and joint, for example) to qualify for both offers.

stevento said:   there's also an offer of 25K AA Miles with $50K deposit.
I'm just signing up with a new portfolio manager who custodies at Ameritrade. As per rep, I would have to open two different types of accounts (individual and joint, for example) to qualify for both offers.

what program is that?

Apparently does not apply to current TDAmeritrade customers. Upon application:

"Account Opening Bonus

Our records indicate that you already have an account. This new account does not qualify for an account-opening bonus."

90days+1000 got replaced with 60d+600 now

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014