• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I recently received my Barclay US Airways credit card and was shocked to see my APR @ 24.99% & Cash APR 25.24%. I have other CC's with APR at ~15%. I spoke to CSR/ Credit Analyst and they gave no explanation for high APR. They added that many people have such high APR. I am just curious if you guys have the same CC from Barclay and what is your APR?
My FICO is 720+

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Who cares? Credit card interest rates are typically set based on the card you get, not your personal information. Your personal info just determines if you are eligible for a particular card. Dont take it personally.

What is this APR thing you speak of?

Why are you getting a rewards card for the APR?

arctann said:   What is this APR thing you speak of?

Good one! Barclays is the only bank neither my wife or I can get credit. We have 800+ scores and near flawless hx. Only reason I want a card is USAir's perks like priority boarding etc.

I've heard they discriminate against higher social security#s (=foreign born?) . Anyone here know a good reconsideration # like w/ Chase...???

15.99% or 24.99% when you open your account, based on your credit worthiness.

vickh said:   arctann said:   What is this APR thing you speak of?

Good one! Barclays is the only bank neither my wife or I can get credit. We have 800+ scores and near flawless hx. Only reason I want a card is USAir's perks like priority boarding etc.

I've heard they discriminate against higher social security#s (=foreign born?) . Anyone here know a good reconsideration # like w/ Chase...???

My score is way lower than yours and I finally got approved by these yokels after 18 months of trying.
Why anyone would complain about a high apr is beyond me-who carries a balance on these things?

I had the US Airways card when it was BofA, and had it moved to Barclays last year. It didn't take them very long to close it for inactivity. Fed that sucker right into the shredder.

Barclay is known for stingy credit lines and fast closing for inactivity.
As long as you pay your credit card in full, who cares about APR. If you do carry balance then its time to move to other credit card with lower APR as common sense will tell you.

I never care about APR as I pay everything off every month and we chase credit credit card bonus when the bonus worth it.

I have two Barclay cards, both with the same APR as you, OP.

I have PSECU 20k line at 9.9% if I ever really needed to carry a balance (never have, pray I never will).

SuckWallet said:   I recently received my Barclay US Airways credit card and was shocked to see my APR @ 24.99% & Cash APR 25.24%. I have other CC's with APR at ~15%. I spoke to CSR/ Credit Analyst and they gave no explanation for high APR. They added that many people have such high APR. I am just curious if you guys have the same CC from Barclay and what is your APR?
My FICO is 720+

So, you don't get it I see...

hmmm....

I have a Barclays Lufthansa Miles & More credit card. When I first got the card, the interest rate for purchases was 24.99%. After more than a year, the rate was reduced to 15.99%, without any prompting by me. My FICO score was, and is, 806.

I have never paid a penny in interest in my life,i have 8 CCs and $102,000 in credit. I have no idea what the interest rates are on any of the cards....A

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014