• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Ace Hardware B&M - $100 Statement Credit when New Ace Visa - Approved in store w/ANY Purchase

I saw this in my local Ace Hardware flyer today. "$100 statement credit on anything you purchase" that's when you apply for and are approved for a new Ace Hardware Visa card in the store during the purchase.

I did call a local store manager and verified that ANY purchase (regardless of price) you make qualifies for this account credit. This is all subject to being approved for the Ace Rewards Visa Credit card in store. I have no idea about any additional account fees. The offer is good through 7/4/12 and the credit is given within 60 days.

http://acehardware.shoplocal.com/acehardwarecircular/default.asp...

Look at the top of the ad first page

thanks Johnm1000 op sd

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
When I applied in-store I was not told that I had been approved. I was told to call a number for more information. When ... (more)

infogirlgeek (Jun. 29, 2012 @ 4:44p) |

DW applied too. Instant approval for $9K. She's got a better credit rating than I do.

debentureboy (Jun. 30, 2012 @ 7:54p) |

Get away with up to 10% earning on travel purchases.

If you're planning a trip, you can earn up to 10% in Ace Rewards po... (more)

vickh (Jul. 01, 2012 @ 2:56p) |

https://promos.acerewardsvisa.com/

Dress well, get more done and earn 10%.

Whether you're shopping for work or pleasure, you can earn 10% in Ace Rewards points for your purchases (up to $150) at office supply stores and stand-alone clothing stores between July 1 and September 30, 2012. This includes office supply stores like Office Depot and Staples, and non-department clothing stores like The Gap, American Eagle and Eddie Bauer.

For every $1 you spend at qualifying stores using your card, you'll earn the usual 1% in Ace Rewards points (5 points per dollar), plus you earn an additional 9% bonus (45 points per dollar) after the promotional period ends. So start stocking up on more Rewards!

Promotion ends September 30, 2012

If you're planning a trip, you can earn up to 10% in Ace Rewards points for travel purchases like airfare, hotels and car rentals between October 1 and December 31, 2012. Let your Ace Rewards Visa be your ticket to a great vacation and more Rewards.

For every net $1 you spend on qualifying travel purchases (up to $300) using your Ace Rewards Visa Card, you'll earn 1% in Ace Rewards points (5 points per dollar), plus you earn an additional 9% bonus (45 points per dollar) after the promotional period ends. So when you're planning your next vacation, plan on more Rewards!

Promotion runs from October 1 through December 31, 2012.

You are registered for this promotion
Registration Date: 07/01/2012
  • Also categorized in:

This card is issued by US Bank and won't cause a problem for people carefully watching the number of new cards with Chase/AMEX/Citi/BoA.

$100 only for a credit check? Sorry, this doesn't cut it for me, given that there's tons of offers everywhere for new credit cards which are a few times more rewarding than this offer.

us bank very inq sensitive. Was denied for too many recent inq (1) and approved for 3 citi and 2 chase the next week

gyagya said:   $100 only for a credit check? Sorry, this doesn't cut it for me, given that there's tons of offers everywhere for new credit cards which are a few times more rewarding than this offer.

Most offers actually require spending to get the bonuses, ranging from $500 to well over $3000 in three months, and $100 bonus for a single (possibly small) purchase is pretty good. This card can become easily part of a bonus-o-rama in conjunction with offerings from the other big institutes. If not applying for a loan soon, the credit check will cause minimal harm as well.

papamicd said:   gyagya said:   $100 only for a credit check? Sorry, this doesn't cut it for me, given that there's tons of offers everywhere for new credit cards which are a few times more rewarding than this offer.

Most offers actually require spending to get the bonuses, ranging from $500 to well over $3000 in three months, and $100 bonus for a single (possibly small) purchase is pretty good. This card can become easily part of a bonus-o-rama in conjunction with offerings from the other big institutes. If not applying for a loan soon, the credit check will cause minimal harm as well.

Agreed but if you read the post above yours about US Bank being very INQ sensitive, then this may not be a deal for many of us. He had one INQ and yet got denied.

US Bank promotions are ALMOST impossible to get. I have been burnt twice in the past. Ignore.

newbietx said:   papamicd said:   gyagya said:   $100 only for a credit check? Sorry, this doesn't cut it for me, given that there's tons of offers everywhere for new credit cards which are a few times more rewarding than this offer.

Agreed but if you read the post above yours about US Bank being very INQ sensitive, then this may not be a deal for many of us. He had one INQ and yet got denied.

Right, most companies are actually inquiry sensitive, just with a different threshold. That is usually why most people apply for multiple cards on the same evening, since if you are planning a good bonus-o-rama, you will definitely pass above the inquiry threshold of all the institutions you are applying to...

US Bank has reneged on paying a lousy $25 bonus for spending $500 on my existing card, so I'd don't trust them.

all good DP's from folks on US Bank, thank you for saving myself a hard pull and staying away from them!!

gonewiththewind said:   US Bank promotions are ALMOST impossible to get. I have been burnt twice in the past. Ignore.

Applied last week.. any purcahase count? or does it have to be ACE??

got my card. It has a $10 welcome ACE cert?

vickh said:   gonewiththewind said:   US Bank promotions are ALMOST impossible to get. I have been burnt twice in the past. Ignore.

Applied last week.. any purcahase count? or does it have to be ACE??

got my card. It has a $10 welcome ACE cert?

To get the $100 bonus you can use the card anywhere.
And the $10 certificate is for Ace stores only of course. On the back of the certificate it indicates that the cashier needs to scan your Ace Visa for ID purposes but it does not seem to say you have to use the Visa for a purchase.

thanks Billywillyphant!

so it's really a $110 signup bonus . I thought the cashier signed me up for the wrong promo. When I got home I saw She used an expired app form!

Datapoint.
Applied and received this card somewhere around the first week of April. It was delayed a day or so becuase I had just applied for a Kroger Visa about three days earlier. (Both approved for $6500). The first month closed on April 26. I picked up my car after a paint job on April 27. Good timing. The $800 charge was posted on Tuesday May 1. On May 2 I received a $100 credit statement. So there is nothing to do after you make you first purchase.

RudolfSchmidt said:   US Bank has reneged on paying a lousy $25 bonus for spending $500 on my existing card, so I'd don't trust them.

May I ask the circumstances?

Was your $500 spend at all "questionable" in their minds (e.g. gift card purchases, PayPal, Amazon Payments, etc.), or did they simply refuse to pay out for no reason?

-mike

Some more perks, let's keep this updated in the summary:

https://promos.acerewardsvisa.com/

earn 10% in Ace Rewards points at office supply stores and stand-alone clothing stores for a limited time.

Earn points for recurring payments that fit the bill.

Earn 10% in Ace Rewards points for any automated recurring bill payments (like your cable, electric or cell phone bills) you make with your card.

Approved for $6,500 credit limit instantly. It was a little weird going in to the back room office at the store to fill out the ap. It took 7 minutes from entering the office to walking out with a piece of paper with my account number on it. The paper can be used at any Ace. It is temporary until the card comes in the mail. Charged my first purchase on the way out the store.

DB

RudolfSchmidt said:   US Bank has reneged on paying a lousy $25 bonus for spending $500 on my existing card, so I'd don't trust them.US Bank has been good to me with my FlexPerks card. I receive frequent spend promos and have not had a problem receiving the points. That said, I'm not sure I would go for this card with only a $100 statement credit.

debentureboy said:   Approved for $6,500 credit limit instantly. It was a little weird going in to the back room office at the store to fill out the ap. It took 7 minutes from entering the office to walking out with a piece of paper with my account number on it. The paper can be used at any Ace. It is temporary until the card comes in the mail. Charged my first purchase on the way out the store.How exactly does that work? You are giving personal info like your SSN to a hardware store employee? Or typing the info into their computer?

What seemed like the part time store bookkeeper took me back to her office. She asked for my DL, a credit card and my ssn. What else is one to do but give them out if you're going to sign up? I've done this at a number of stores over the years... department stores, Radio Shack, Target, etc. I have a credit monitoring service for some added level of protection.

I thought about asking if I could enter the info into the computer myself, but figured she'd have a record of everything anyway...

DB

Sounds like you get the statement credit even if it is not instantly approved (based on Billywillyphant's post)? Can anyone confirm?

When I applied in-store I was not told that I had been approved. I was told to call a number for more information. When I called the number I was told that I had been approved. I am not sure if this was an error on the employee's part or if something changed between the filling out of the application and my returning home. I was told I would receive the statement credit and I did. They also allow you to request credit balance refunds via check.

DW applied too. Instant approval for $9K. She's got a better credit rating than I do.

If you're planning a trip, you can earn up to 10% in Ace Rewards points for travel purchases like airfare, hotels and car rentals between October 1 and December 31, 2012. Let your Ace Rewards Visa be your ticket to a great vacation and more Rewards.

For every net $1 you spend on qualifying travel purchases (up to $300) using your Ace Rewards Visa Card, you'll earn 1% in Ace Rewards points (5 points per dollar), plus you earn an additional 9% bonus (45 points per dollar) after the promotional period ends. So when you're planning your next vacation, plan on more Rewards!

Promotion runs from October 1 through December 31, 2012.

Registration Date: 07/01/2012

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014