• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Citi said: As a new Citi® cardmember, we hope you’re into extra savings. Like the up to $200 you get after opening a regular checking account in The Citibank Account or Citigold® Account Package and completing everyday banking activities.*

Here's How It Works:
To qualify for your $200 bonus, first open a new regular checking account in a Citigold® Account Package by 5/31/12. Or, to qualify for $125, first open a new regular checking account in The Citibank Account Package by 5/31/12.

Then, for either offer, within 45 days after opening your regular checking account, complete both of the following qualifying activities each month for two consecutive calendar months:

• One or more direct deposits

• One electronic bill payment

Received this email. Trying to analyze the deal. The first two monthly service fees (30$) are waived for the Citigold account. Not sure if there are any closing fees. Has anyone here capitalized on this offer? Any thoughts? Couldn't find any information via search. Thanks.

Member Summary

Been looking for an inexpensive payroll service to get the direct deposit part filled without changing banks with my employer

sun818 said:   Been looking for an inexpensive payroll service to get the direct deposit part filled without changing banks with my employer

Wondering if a small direct deposit from mTurk or Amazon will suffice.

Or an ACH transfer from another personal bank account. Need to check.

Targeted?

If you are going to close the account after the bonus credits, use the TY points immediately. They will be voided a certain period after the account closes. I had to escalate this to executive customer service to get points restored.

Too many variables with trying to get direct deposit to work. I know payroll direct deposit will work because it is officially recognized as a direct deposit. I know Intuit has a low barrier to entry, but I am not sure what my total costs will be out the door: http://payroll.intuit.com/payroll_services/direct_deposit/ ... that and you have to set up a business to pay you from.

Intuit payroll starts at $20 per month. 45 days means a $40 investment, setting up a business, and learning how to do payroll. Once you have it set up then it would be very easy to sign up for offers

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014