Bank vs mortgage broker

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
5 months back I went with a mortgage bank and now looking to refinance with a broker......I see their rates being better than the banks......any disadvantages with going with brokers instead of banks? Please advice. Thanks

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have used a mortgage banker for my primary house refinance and vacation/rental house purchase. Both times my quotes with the mortgage banker was lower than the mortgage broker. Ex: 3.875 (or maybe 3.675) for 0 cost refinance in house w/o change in principle or appraisal (30 year note to 20 year though. It would have been 4.00 for 30 year note. This was done ~1 year ago). Second house note is 4.675 w/no cost closing and 0 points. You should find another mortgage banker perhaps and compare rates. PM if you want info for guy I used.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014