• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
To receive the bonus: 1) open a new Chase Total CheckingSM account, which is subject to approval; 2) deposit $100 or more within 60 days of account opening; AND 3) have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening.

https://coupon.chaseoffers.com/checking/prep.do?context=chase17&...

*Service Fee: Chase Total CheckingSM has no monthly Service Fee when you do one of the following each statement period:
Option #1: Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more made to this account; OR,
Option #2: Keep the daily balance in your checking account at or above $1,500; OR,
Option #3: Keep an average balance of $5,000 or more in your checking and other types of qualifying Chase accounts. Otherwise a $12 monthly Service Fee will apply ($10 monthly Service Fee for CA, OR and WA)

Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or with a negative balance.

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Dang. I thought the $150 I got in Dec was good. Too bad I can't get in on this on (6 months on the old account isn't up yet, and this offer expires June 30)

I just opened an account on Thursday for $150. Where were you then!? I will have to see if they will match it.

I got an offer in the mail for the same $200 but no DD requirement. If I make the initial deposit, get the bonus, then withdraw the entire account via check, what do they do? Will they charge a $12 fee on a $0 balance?

Serpentor said:   I got an offer in the mail for the same $200 but no DD requirement. If I make the initial deposit, get the bonus, then withdraw the entire account via check, what do they do? Will they charge a $12 fee on a $0 balance?
Read the entire fine print for the offer AND the requirements of the checking account you open. DD may not be required for getting the bonus but there maybe requirements (e.g. DD, min. balance etc.) for the checking account itself.

Sorry I am new here. I closes a Chase account 3 months ago. Will I get the bonus for this? ....edited. I have to wait a few more days

Cash bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.

Account Closing: If your checking account is closed within six months, we will deduct the bonus amount at closing.

Any ways to cheat the direct deposit on this one?

Dynastar454 said:   Any ways to cheat the direct deposit on this one?
ACH transfers have counted as DD by Chase in the past.
BTW, here is a bigger thread and the $200 bonus was posted there already. You can get many of the questions answered there.

Doing business with Chase is risky business on its own merit. They will find away to make the $200 bonus a negative even for FW members.

took the risk, just gotta keep open for 6 months, bah..... i live in FL but they gave me a Michigan routing number, fun

Does anybody know when Chase bonuses usually post? After 60 days?

Thanks OP for the posting, I don't like Chase but will open account to get their bonus and will close the account after fulfilling my obligations.

kogerk said:   To receive the bonus: 1) open a new Chase Total CheckingSM account, which is subject to approval; 2) deposit $100 or more within 60 days of account opening; AND 3) have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening.

*Service Fee: Chase Total CheckingSM has no monthly Service Fee when you do one of the following each statement period:
Option #1: Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more made to this account; OR,
Option #2: Keep the daily balance in your checking account at or above $1,500; OR,
Option #3: Keep an average balance of $5,000 or more in your checking and other types of qualifying Chase accounts. Otherwise a $12 monthly Service Fee will apply ($10 monthly Service Fee for CA, OR and WA)

Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or with a negative balance.

how strict are they on the 90 day close of a previous account? i opened one in december and am almost at 6 months and the deposit posted last year so i am due for another one soon.

crazyrusher said:   kogerk said:   To receive the bonus: 1) open a new Chase Total CheckingSM account, which is subject to approval; 2) deposit $100 or more within 60 days of account opening; AND 3) have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening.

how strict are they on the 90 day close of a previous account? i opened one in december and am almost at 6 months and the deposit posted last year so i am due for another one soon.

I seem to recall a post in one of the earlier Chase checking bonus threads on this. Very strict.

Many posts appear to have over looked this:

"Bonus/Account Information: Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or with a negative balance. Offer valid through 6/30/12. To receive the bonus: 1) open a new Chase Total CheckingSM account, which is subject to approval; 2) deposit $100 or more within 60 days of account opening; AND 3) have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening. Your opening deposit cannot be money held by Chase or its affiliates, nor can the bonus be used as the opening deposit. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. After we receive your first direct deposit, we'll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days. You can only receive one checking account-related bonus per calendar year. We may change the terms of the account, including any fees or features. Cash bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.

Account Closing: If your checking account is closed within six months, we will deduct the bonus amount at closing."

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.