• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
BoA has launched 3 new travel rewards CCs.

BankAmericard Privileges
Of note, this card offers 2 points/dollar for all purchases with a 10% annual bonus if user has a BoA or a few other accounts, effectively a net 2.2% CB on travel redemptions, assuming the rewards are 1pt per cent. The $75 AF, waived first year, will be waived in subsequent years if certain brokerage or BoA accounts are maintained. You will earn 3 points per dollar (consisting of 2 base points and 1 bonus point) for the first $6,000 in airline purchases (up to 6,000 bonus points) made at the Bank of America Travel Center (“Travel Center”) each calendar year.

Also 10,000 bonus points for $500 spend in 90 days.

Looks like for straight CB, this is 1.6% - GC and other redemption options as well

BankAmericard Travel Rewards:
Of note, this card offers 1.5 points/dollar for all purchases with a 10% annual bonus if user has a BoA or a few other accounts, effectively a net 1.6% CB on travel redemptions, assuming the rewards are 1pt per cent. No AF

You will earn 3 points per dollar (consisting of 1.5 base points and 1.5 bonus points) for the first $6,000 in airline purchases (up to 9,000 bonus points) made at the Bank of America Travel Center (“Travel Center”) each calendar year.

Also 10,000 bonus points for $500 spend in 90 days.

WorldPoints Travel Rewards for Business
"The WorldPoints® Travel Rewards for Business credit card allows you to earn 1.5 Points per dollar of Net Purchases (as defined in the Program Rules). You can earn 3 Points per dollar on Purchases made through the Bank of America Travel Center, excluding insurance purchases which will earn 1.5 points."

Seems like a decent option/alternative to the FIA AMEX or Priceline 2% card, especially if you already have BoA accounts.

Member Summary
BankAmericard Privileges® with Travel Rewards
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/bankamericard-privileges-travel-credit-card.go

BankAmericard Travel Rewards™
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/products/bankamericard-travel-rewards-credit-card.go

WorldPoints® Travel Rewards for Business Visa® Card
http://business.bankofamerica.com/creditcard/CardProductPage?sc=UABOYQ&category=400
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks for the info about these new products. BankAmericard Travel Rewards looks like a (slightly) more interesting card than Cap 1 Cash Rewards. Likewise for BankAmericard Privileges as compared to the Venture card. 10k isn't a big signing bonus though so maybe FWFers ought to keep waiting.

Foreign Transaction Fee makes this a credible substitute for Capital One cards although the annual fee can be a killer.

Any idea how BofA or C1 make up for this? Do you pad it in the exchange rate?

Good stuff. BofA finally (re-)enters the reward card market with some relevant cards. May not be as good as the UR/MR programs (probably won't make me switch), but is a good start. I am hoping for a reward war between them and Chase/AMEX

By the way, even the AF-free card is FX-fee free. I think it is a first such card outside of Cap-1 from a major bank.

10k bonus points for a sign-on bonus BOA? That's laughable man, HA!

gt0138d said:   Foreign Transaction Fee makes this a credible substitute for Capital One cards although the annual fee can be a killer.

For how BofA and CapOne can afford to eat the foreign transaction fees, I haven't seen CapOne padding the rates in my experience. Anyone else?

jarfykk said:   gt0138d said:   Foreign Transaction Fee makes this a credible substitute for Capital One cards although the annual fee can be a killer.

For how BofA and CapOne can afford to eat the foreign transaction fees, I haven't seen CapOne padding the rates in my experience. Anyone else?

Visa/MC only charges them 1%. It's not much to eat on the few foreign transactions most cardholders have to get their goodwill and card usage domestically.

dukerau said:   

Visa/MC only charges them 1%. It's not much to eat on the few foreign transactions most cardholders have to get their goodwill and card usage domestically.

Every time I use my card overseas, I see a 2-3% charge.

Assuming that Visa/MC charge them 1% on all transactions (domestic or overseas), these card companies are pocketing the additional 2-3% just for giving me the convenience to use the card overseas.

So, my guess is that they can forgo that transactions fee if they choose (and pay Visa/MC the 1% just like any domestic charge).

If Visa/MC is adding an extra 1% because it is a foreign transaction, then is the issuer eating the cost?

Now, I will see if BofA will give me the Privileges card and waive the fee because of my other accounts.

Are these cards Visa Signature or World Mastercard? Lack of benefits would seem like a potential downside to me.

Medikit said:   Are these cards Visa Signature or World Mastercard? Lack of benefits would seem like a potential downside to me.

Both consumer cards are Visa Signature.

Rasheed

I heard redeeming points would be like 'Captial One venture card' is there a truth to this?

10% bonus based on the total purchases (1 point for $10) and not the points earned so this is 2.1% CashBack card when redeemed for travel

artintheus said:   10% bonus based on the total purchases (1 point for $10) and not the points earned so this is 2.1% CashBack card when redeemed for travel

from BOA terms and condition:
if the primary applicant for this card has a checking, savings or retirement account with Bank of America, N.A., a Cash Management Account®, Merrill Edge® or any other account with Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated or U.S. Trust, the card account will receive an annual bonus points award of 10% of the amount of net purchases (or 1 bonus point for every $10) made with the card during the year. The qualifying account must be open at the time of review, which will occur on or around December 31st of each year and the bonus will appear on your February or March monthly billing statements.

2.1% with the travel rewards--- travel gets an extra 1% bonus
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit-cards/credit-cards-terms-an...

subscribed

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014