• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
From May 1 to June 30 American Express is offering 5X points from select retailers. Great time to use your AMEX if you're planning a purchase from any of the below retailers.

Apple
HP
HomeDepot
J&R
Kohls
Lands' End
Omaha Steaks
Saks Fifth Avenue
Tiger Direct

link

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This appears to be for Membership Rewards only, not blue cash or other AMEX reward programs.

Does it apply for in-store purchase also?

Looks like it's online only.
You don't HAVE to use your AMEX card to use the AMEX mall right? If so, Citi Dividend 5% CashBack + 5x MR points at Home Depot this quarter is interesting.

Those are all showing 6X points when I log in with AMEX Plat.

I believe, you still get the 5% back on HP purchase with an AMEX OPEN Card, kind of like 11% back.

imbatman said:   Looks like it's online only.
You don't HAVE to use your AMEX card to use the AMEX mall right? If so, Citi Dividend 5% CashBack + 5x MR points at Home Depot this quarter is interesting.

I think you have to go through their mall:

You're now leaving membershiprewards.com. Once you click "Continue", you will go this store's website, where this offer will apply at checkout.
Do not close your browser window or refresh your session. If you do, you will lose the ability to earn points on your purchase.
Remember, you can always come back to membershiprewards.com/earn to find this offer again.

imbatman said:   Looks like it's online only.
???? - It's the AMEX Bonus Points Mall, which is tied to a specific AMEX card.

From the T&C:
-------------
To be eligible to earn bonus points, you must be a U.S. Cardmember and enrolled in the Membership Rewards program at the time of purchase and you must charge your qualifying purchase through the membershiprewards.com/earn website on an eligible, enrolled American Express Card.

jaimelobo said:   imbatman said:   Looks like it's online only.
???? - It's the AMEX Bonus Points Mall, which is tied to a specific AMEX card.

From the T&C:
-------------
To be eligible to earn bonus points, you must be a U.S. Cardmember and enrolled in the Membership Rewards program at the time of purchase and you must charge your qualifying purchase through the membershiprewards.com/earn website on an eligible, enrolled American Express Card.

That's what I was wondering. I've never used the mall, but I've heard reports that using non-enrolled credit cards will still get you the MR points.
I've obviously not tested it though.

Can you use point to pay for these purchases?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014