• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I got this email this morning from Citi, still trying to figure out all the ins and outs. Seems it could be a service similar to offermatic, mylinkables, or envaulted (RIP). Or it might be more akin to American Express statement credits (i.e. current $10 off $50 at staples when you use your AMEX, etc). You make purchases, and get offers/deals on merchants you regularly use. I can't tell if it's in the form of % CashBack, or coupons, or ?. The TOC does mention some may be fulfilled in the form of statement credits.

I did a FWF search, and couldn't find a mention of this. Though the email came from Citi, it does not appear limited to Citi VISA cards.

https://offers.visa.com/index.jsp

"Discover your own personalized deals
We recently told you about the new Visa Offers program from Visa that’s going to change the way you receive deals — for the better.

Just sign up and keep using your Citi® Visa card. Visa Offers will send you deals from top brands selected for you based on where you like to shop. The offers go right to your mobile phone and email while you’re out and about. It's quick and easy to get started and free to sign up.

Enroll your eligible Citi Visa card, use it for your everyday purchases, and let the perfect deals find you."


From the TOC: "Without limitation, Visa Corporate cards, Visa Purchasing cards, as well as all prepaid cards including Visa Buxx, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Visa cards, EBT Visa cards and other Visa-branded cards whose transactions are not processed through the Visa U.S.A. payment system are not eligible to participate. Also, certain transactions cannot be tracked by Visa Offers including PIN-based purchases, purchases you initiate through identification technology that substitutes for a PIN, payments of existing card balances, balance transfers, cash advances, ATM transactions, convenience checks, payments made for pre-paid and re-loadable cards such as certain gift cards, Visa Buxx and similar cards, payments made for payment instruments that can readily be converted to cash (for example, travelers cheques, money orders, wire transfers, and similar products or services), or transactions that are not processed or submitted through the Visa U.S.A. Inc. payment system."

Here's the FAQ
Anyone else get this email? Anyone signed up yet that can offer more info?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Systemax (who owns Tiger Direct) bought the name and website of both CompUSA and Circuit City after they went under: htt... (more)

jatan1986 (Aug. 29, 2012 @ 6:40p) |

Just got 20% off Oreck using code ORECKVISA through 9/30/12

imbatman (Aug. 31, 2012 @ 2:28p) |

$25 off Johnson & Murphy - use code Shop6462

they sell shoes.

imbatman (Sep. 28, 2012 @ 12:29p) |

Click through this link to signup to get a free movie ticket:
free ticket!

You need to be able to receive text messages.

Offers reported
1) $10 off $50 at Big 5 Sporting Goods
2) $10 off $100 TigerDirect
3) 40% off first year membership in Allstate Roadside Advantage
4) 30% off a car rental from Hertz
5) Save 15% initiation fee and first and last months dues with 24 Hour Fitness
6) 10% off printable Petco coupon
7) Save up to 15% from PODS Moving and Storage thru 8-31-12.
8) 30 day free trial to LA Fitness
9) 20% off Oreck using code ORECKVISA through 9/30/12
10) $10 off $100 at CompUSA B&M
11) $25 off Johnson & Murphy - use code Shop6462
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I just enrolled. Let's hope it is as good as envaulted was...

Just enrolled my 17 Visa cards.

Thx op.

kwest said:   Just enrolled my 17 Visa cards.

Thx op.


? I created an account, and it says "You may enroll up to a total of 5 eligible Visa cards*."?

Got my first offer, $10 off $50 at Big 5 Sporting Goods. That's odd since I've never bought anything there, and the closest store is 936 miles away.
There's a promo code in the text message, but no place to enter the promo code online which makes me think it's in store only.
But when I click the link, the offer page doesn't say "in store only". Offer good April 23-May 31. Also no mention of how the $10 off is applied.

Link in text sends me here.

Thanks. I'm IN!

Just another marketing gimmick to get people to spend more money buying things they don't need. Plus, you will get endless spam on your cell phone.

I just enrolled w/Debit Card. Don't use it much though...

google voice number not working?

i have pay 0.2 to receive msg

imbatman said:   kwest said:   Just enrolled my 17 Visa cards.

Thx op.


? I created an account, and it says "You may enroll up to a total of 5 eligible Visa cards*."?


Was just joking around since many of us have a ton of cards opened over the years.

Anyhow, truly appreciate the heads up. Going to sign up with my 3 primary cards that I use.

kwest said:   imbatman said:   kwest said:   Just enrolled my 17 Visa cards.

Thx op.


? I created an account, and it says "You may enroll up to a total of 5 eligible Visa cards*."?


Was just joking around since many of us have a ton of cards opened over the years.

Anyhow, truly appreciate the heads up. Going to sign up with my 3 primary cards that I use.


I was wondering. I only have 15 VISA cards....

Not too interested in the merchants listed so far.. but will keep checking to see if and when they add anything more useful.. Thanks OP!

imbatman said:   Got my first offer, $10 off $50 at Big 5 Sporting Goods. That's odd since I've never bought anything there, and the closest store is 936 miles away.
There's a promo code in the text message, but no place to enter the promo code online which makes me think it's in store only.
But when I click the link, the offer page doesn't say "in store only". Offer good April 23-May 31. Also no mention of how the $10 off is applied.

Link in text sends me here.


Got the same offer. Never heard of them. Never shop at sporting goods stores either. Must be the intro offer everyone gets at this point.

The reason its in Beta is that they only have a few merchants signed up. All of you signing up will help enroll more merchants. If it works, in 6-12 months there will be a more robust and truly personalized set of merchant offers.

thx op! i also got the 10 off 50 for big 5 sporting goods. added this to my citi forwards (5% for mortgage rewards). hope they'll come out with some restaurant and Amazon promos to bump the CashBack.

nothing beats free promos.

So do you have to opt in to the offer they send you, or is it automatic once they send it to you?

Too much monkey business. Never trust anything from Wells Fargo or Citi. There is no such thing as a free lunch. They will eat YOU.

snork615 said:   Too much monkey business. Never trust anything from Wells Fargo or Citi. There is no such thing as a free lunch. They will eat YOU.

So, while the notification came from Citi, this is completely independent of both Citi and Wells Fargo.

Enrolled 10 days ago and took $10 off $100 TigerDirect coupon. Working great! Currently un-enrolled for avoiding from any text messages ($0.20).

jdkcc said:   Enrolled 10 days ago and took $10 off $100 TigerDirect coupon. Working great! Currently un-enrolled for avoiding from any text messages ($0.20).

Thanks! How did it work? Did you just use your registered VISA card and get a $10 statement credit? Or did you have to enter a promo/coupon code at TigerDirect?

imbatman said:   jdkcc said:   Enrolled 10 days ago and took $10 off $100 TigerDirect coupon. Working great! Currently un-enrolled for avoiding from any text messages ($0.20).

Thanks! How did it work? Did you just use your registered VISA card and get a $10 statement credit? Or did you have to enter a promo/coupon code at TigerDirect?


Hopefully the offers are in statement credit. Coupons would be disappointing since most of us likely shop with other coupons anyway.

Not giving my phone number away, SMS will never stop...

NO WAY I'm giving up my cell number.

Stupid texts are not worth the $10 discount on random crap that I don't need.

We will see.

New offer via email:

Save 40% off first year membership in Allstate Roadside Advantage

Enroll today in Allstate Motor Club's Roadside Advantage membership plan with your enrolled Visa® card and save 40% off the first year. Membership includes 24-hour roadside assistance, trip interruption, and member only discounts on travel, shopping, and more when you use your enrolled Visa card.

Offer good until 6/30/2012. Terms and conditions apply. For full offer terms and conditions, click here.

Thanks for participating in Visa Offers. And happy shopping!

The Visa Offers Team

imbatman said:   jdkcc said:   Enrolled 10 days ago and took $10 off $100 TigerDirect coupon. Working great! Currently un-enrolled for avoiding from any text messages ($0.20).

Thanks! How did it work? Did you just use your registered VISA card and get a $10 statement credit? Or did you have to enter a promo/coupon code at TigerDirect?


Click the coupon and it brings up TG web site

Bought $139 SSD and it became $129 after using registered VISA.
It only showed in the backend (received confirmation email with $139 paid but packing slip showed $129.)

Tempted. Currently I have text messaging turned off on my phone, so I cannot receive text messages at all. Question is, if I turn on text messaging to sign up for this, then turn text messaging back off, will I continue to be enrolled in the plan and receive offers via email (and Visa's text messages will just bounce)?

Chris.

Just got offer #2. This one's an email offer. 30% off a car rental from Hertz.

edited to add the link. This one requires a unique code that's in my email. Not sure if it would end up being a better deal at Hertz than other existing promo codes.

samiam68 said:   Just another marketing gimmick to get people to spend more money buying things they don't need. Plus, you will get endless spam on your cell phone.

but that's the FW spirit.

Is this too much of info they VISA storing on usage? 13 months...

By enrolling in Visa Offers you understand and agree that each time you make a purchase with your enrolled Visa card(s), purchase details (including air travel itinerary information) may be used by Visa in order to deliver to you customized offers and messages for businesses participating in the Visa Offers program. You also understand and agree that your historic (up to 13 months) and future transaction history including your air travel itineraries may be accessed from your enrolled Visa card account and used by Visa to create a profile and to provide you with relevant offers and messages based on your purchase behavior.

sap283 said:   Is this too much of info they VISA storing on usage? 13 months...

By enrolling in Visa Offers you understand and agree that each time you make a purchase with your enrolled Visa card(s), purchase details (including air travel itinerary information) may be used by Visa in order to deliver to you customized offers and messages for businesses participating in the Visa Offers program. You also understand and agree that your historic (up to 13 months) and future transaction history including your air travel itineraries may be accessed from your enrolled Visa card account and used by Visa to create a profile and to provide you with relevant offers and messages based on your purchase behavior.


Not sure why it matters in this case as it is no longer a 3rd party holding the data.

I'm not having any luck signing up for this. I fill in all the info and click Enroll, and get "Please wait while your enrollment information is processed." That message stays up for about ten minutes, then I get a session expired. Tried two different computers, both IE and Chrome.

Chris.

cpaynter said:   I'm not having any luck signing up for this. I fill in all the info and click Enroll, and get "Please wait while your enrollment information is processed." That message stays up for about ten minutes, then I get a session expired. Tried two different computers, both IE and Chrome.

Chris.


Make sure you are next to your phone, and you have text messaging turned on. This happened to me when I first tried to signup, then I noticed that I had a text message that included a signup code. I had to enter that signup code received in a text message before my session expired in order to signup.

Pretty boring offers so far. Here's what I got today........



Save 15% with
24 Hour Fitness

Join a 24 Hour Fitness® club anywhere in the country and get 15% off your initiation fee and first and last month's dues on select individual All-Club Monthly Payment memberships (new members only) when you use this promo code and pay with your enrolled Visa® card.

Depending on club location and type, membership dues before discount range between $24.99-$89.99; initiation fees before discount range from $0-$199. Excludes OR/WA and One-Club, FAO, Family Pack, and Premium Reduced Dues memberships. Offer good until 6/30/2012. Terms and conditions apply. Redeem online now at 24HourFitness.com.

Thanks for participating in Visa Offers. And happy shopping!

The Visa Offers Team

Visa Offers. Get offers that get the real you.

cpaynter said:   I'm not having any luck signing up for this. I fill in all the info and click Enroll, and get "Please wait while your enrollment information is processed." That message stays up for about ten minutes, then I get a session expired. Tried two different computers, both IE and Chrome.

Chris.


Same here. I am not even coming to the point in which I can put in any code, despite that fact that I don't get any code.

Got an email with 10% off printable coupon at Petco when using my Pals card, expiring 5/31. Good offer, but I'm quite disappointed that I have to print a coupon. Why is Visa even involved in this offer?

Just a heads up. If you're going to sign up for this anyway, you might be able to get a free movie ticket from Fandango for signing up. Go to Fandango.com and search for a movie time. Click the "Get Free Ticket" button and Visa Offers is one of the options. Note, that you'll still have to pay the $1.25 Fandango fee.

adwross said:   Just a heads up. If you're going to sign up for this anyway, you might be able to get a free movie ticket from Fandango for signing up. Go to Fandango.com and search for a movie time. Click the "Get Free Ticket" button and Visa Offers is one of the options. Note, that you'll still have to pay the $1.25 Fandango fee.


http://www.trialpay.com/campaign/?c=43a0e4e&cat=-1&tid=9ahhIO9

what is a text enabled cell phone?

Skipping 18 Messages...
$25 off Johnson & Murphy - use code Shop6462

they sell shoes.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014