• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I've got 2 cards with B of A, and when checking my statements online the other day, I noticed an offer to get a $150 bonus for opening a checking account. I've been waiting for a deal like this as you get a 10% bonus if you deposit your CC rewards cash into a B of A checking account. So the $250 rewards I have sitting there from a CC bonus is now worth $25 more - so it's really a $175 reward for opening the new account. The only requirement is that you make a payment to your CC account from your new checking account for 3 months.

I set up an eBanking checking account to avoid fees. There's a $8.95 fee, but only if you want statements mailed to you and you don't use a teller. So sign up for paperless statements and transact all business online or at an ATM, and there is no fee - and no direct deposit requirement.

For details, go here:
Linky

One of the requirements though state that it's for those customers that are targeted, so YMMV if you don't see the offer when you sign in online to your CC account.

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

BOA bonus is notoriously hard to get, keep all records and be prepared to fight if it does not post automatically. Keep notes of all dates, length of time etc. and good luck!

Caveat Emptor! Let the buyer beware.

B of A runs these types of scams all the time because it is desperate for capital and deposits. They tried to stiff me on the $100 bonus for bringing new money in to open a CD -- I had to complain to the branch manager (because I had a large account at the bank) who then sheepishly gave me the bonus after two weeks. It is not worth it to me to spend the time to deal with B of A so I withdrew most of my money from them.

Offer is available only to those customers who receive a direct offer from Bank of America. To be eligible for this limited-time offer, you must be an existing Bank of America credit card customer whose account is open and in good standing and must not currently have a personal checking account with Bank of America. You are not eligible for this offer if you were a signer on or owner of a Bank of America personal checking account within the last 12 months. Bank of America may change or terminate this offer before this expiration date without notice. Please ask an associate for details

I got a checking sign-up bonus last year no problem.

FYI, the terms of this offer say it's targeted and that you're ineligible if you've had an account in the past 12 months.

where did you see the offer? was it i the "view your Special Offers" link?

Thanks for the post!

It looks thus offer is ended. Is there any other offer with BoA or other banks

Try this link:

BOA Checking Offer

user3657 said:   Offer is available only to those customers who receive a direct offer from Bank of America. To be eligible for this limited-time offer, you must be an existing Bank of America credit card customer whose account is open and in good standing and must not currently have a personal checking account with Bank of America. You are not eligible for this offer if you were a signer on or owner of a Bank of America personal checking account within the last 12 months. Bank of America may change or terminate this offer before this expiration date without notice. Please ask an associate for details

An implication of this is possibly that a little used BOA account should be closed, so you can take advantage of any future offers of this type that may come through.

If there is some reason for keeping the account open, and it is joint, possibly the spouse could be dropped, so she cold take advantage of such an offer later.

The offer has been reduced to $75

What's considered a new customer? I cancelled my account with them at least over a year and a half ago.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014