• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
HOW TO QUALIFY YOUR ACCOUNT:
Qualify your new Salem Five account by completing two direct deposit transactions over $250 or six online bill pays or 20 debit transactions within 60 days.
Once you have registered and qualified your account, you will receive a $100 VisaŽ Reward Card.

$100 bonus

after the submission, you got to open the eOne Checking at -

eOne Checking

you have to sign up for e-statement to avoid monthly fee - go to customer service folder/account maintenance/ change statement delivery method,put "online" and submit

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

link?

Looks like you have to open a new account, then follow the OP's link, register your account, then complete the requirements within 60 days of account opening. It's a little confusing because it doesn't look you actually enroll in the promo while opening your checking account.

Hard pull?

http://www.salemfivedirect.com/index.php/eone-checking

this page has a good synopsis and the eONE account seems like the best option anyway.

ACH push count as DD? Can you use a CC for opening deposit?

ACH push count as DD? Can you use a CC for opening deposit? Also, valid in CA?

Upon further research:
1. No credit card to fund.
2. DD must be payroll, etc.
3. If you decide to receive paper statements, you will receive a $2.95 fee, although if you select electronic statements, the account is absolutely free.
4. $100 minimum initial deposit.

I don't see any bill pay on their website. Does anyone know how to access bill pay for eOne Checking?

AugustFour said:   I don't see any bill pay on their website. Does anyone know how to access bill pay for eOne Checking?

After you log-in click "make payments" at the top.

mjoply said:   AugustFour said:   I don't see any bill pay on their website. Does anyone know how to access bill pay for eOne Checking?

I've just opened the account and $100 is deposited (although Available Balance is $0). And I don't see "make payment" anywhere on the page.

AugustFour said:   mjoply said:   AugustFour said:   I don't see any bill pay on their website. Does anyone know how to access bill pay for eOne Checking?

I've just opened the account and $100 is deposited (although Available Balance is $0). And I don't see "make payment" anywhere on the page.

Is it a hard pull?

AugustFour said:   

Strange, as it is right on the homepage. I do not remember signing up for "Bill Pay" or anything either so it should be there. Maybe when the funds are available it will show up.

GreedyEbayerApprentice said:   

Is it a hard pull?

For me it was a hard pull on Equifax

Should you first open the account and then fill out the $100 promo form? Or vice versa? Or does it not matter?

CSR said (yes, they have actual people available by phone on Sunday) they do BOTH an Equifax hard pull and a ChexSystem inquiry. I've never encountered this before, but she seemed pretty knowledgable.

Edit - the Equifax pull may be only because I would be starting the account online, from a "not Massachusetts" locale.

fw9999 said:   CSR said (yes, they have actual people available by phone on Sunday) they do BOTH an Equifax hard pull and a ChexSystem inquiry. I've never encountered this before, but she seemed pretty knowledgable.

Edit - the Equifax pull may be only because I would be starting the account online, from a "not Massachusetts" locale.

I was rejected by this bank previously after hard EQ pull. Reason given: not Mass resident.

They didn't pay out the bonus to me when I applied and did the DD last year.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think based on that info. I'll either ignore these guys, or perhaps make 1 more call to a CSR there and grill them very, very carefully on whether out-of-state applicants are accepted at all, or are held to a much higher threshold for acceptance.

fw9999 said:   Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think based on that info. I'll either ignore these guys, or perhaps make 1 more call to a CSR there and grill them very, very carefully on whether out-of-state applicants are accepted at all, or are held to a much higher threshold for acceptance.

I put a Maryland address down and it opened for me. I did get denied for whatever reason and had to have someone manually review it. There are no negatives on my reports but my credit history is only two years old so maybe that was it.

For what it's worth I'm a NY Resident and didn't get denied

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014