iCache Geode Digital Wallet

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I'd love to hear FWF's opinion on this product:

http://techcrunch.com/2012/06/01/icache-geode-now-available/

Anyone think this is really a viable product that could potentially attain widespread adoption? Anyone trust the company enough to allow fingerprint and financial info storage?

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It's a very expensive, temporary wallet, which probably won't fit your next phone. Also it's not about trusting the company, it's about storing your financial and biometric info one hack away from becoming public. Like connecting a power plant control panel to the Internet.

On the other hand people buy marked up Apple candy like there's no tomorrow and they got a bunch of money from kickstarter, so who knows.

scripta said:   It's a very expensive, temporary wallet, which probably won't fit your next phone. Also it's not about trusting the company, it's about storing your financial and biometric info one hack away from becoming public. Like connecting a power plant control panel to the Internet.

On the other hand people buy marked up Apple candy like there's no tomorrow and they got a bunch of money from kickstarter, so who knows.

i predict a lot of problems with retailers when people attempt to use unmarked cards, and the potential for abuse is astounding. imagine card spoofing is now available to the masses and becomes 'normal' since everyone can get one.

iChache Geode Digital Wallet

To the OP:

I suggest you correct the typo in the heading to make it easier for people searching for info on this product.

fwratz1 said:   iChache Geode Digital Wallet

To the OP:

I suggest you correct the typo in the heading to make it easier for people searching for info on this product.

Thanks- edited.

While it's currently waaay too expensive, imagine the FWF appeal in future iterations. What if it used the GPS to detect what store you were in and could automatically recode the magnetic strip to be whichever credit card you have that offers the highest Cash Back? What if it had a pop-up that prompted you to categorize your transactions on the spot (or just approve their algorithmic guess) for better Yodlee or Mint reports instead of having to do it after the fact when you might not remember what that purchase was?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014