• filter:
  • 123 4 535
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I thought they couldn't do a hard pull without one's explicit authorization / signature?

rated:
JYX said:   Actually I asked the same to US Bank rep, when I had other questions. This is what I was told: the code with recurring bill payment is different from the one with non-recurring payment.
The transaction can be coded as recurring:

All subsequent authorization requests in the recurring series must be processed as Recurring Transactions, using the Recurring Indicator (MOTO/ECI value of 2). ... The ‘Recurring Payment Data’ field, ‘Recurring Frequency’ field, and ‘Recurring Expiry’ field in the Payer Authentication Request message are required when the merchant and cardholder have agreed to recurring payments.

rated:
nm.

rated:
bluechalk said:   How did you set up the auto pay for State Farm?

I don't recall specifically, but I'm pretty sure I did it through their (State Farm) web site. I originally had it set up as a direct charge to my checking account, then switched to a credit card six months or so back.

rated:
Bank would not reallocate (identical credit line) from another card to this. A sign of financial strain either for them or me.

rated:
still waiting for my card to arrive in the mail....

rated:
lonestarguy said:   Applied, and got the 7-10 days notice. USBank has ATMS but no branches I know of in Texas.

Called tonight and confirmed I was approved. Took about 2 business days.

rated:
babaamit said:   I was able to convert linux card to cash + as well...

Could you please confirm this when you receive your Cash+ card?
Could you please also share how you did it? Phone call (which #)? Branch?
I believe many of us want to convert the Linux Fund to Cash+, but got declined.

rated:
just received my Cash+ card and signed up for the 5% billpay, awesome!

rated:
If anyone was thinking of trying to get additional rewards by having a gold/platinum checking package, basically you only receive the 25% and 50% bonus for the 1% reward category of the cash+ card (basically no additional bonus on the 5% or 2% categories you choose).

Michelle: Hello, my name is Michelle, how may I help you?
You: Hello Michelle. I had a question regarding some of the benefits for the gold and platinum checking packages
Michelle: Thank you for considering us! I would be happy to help you. What questions could I answer for you today?
You: I see that one of the benefits for the gold and platinum checking packages is a 25% or 50% monthly bonus on the US Bank Flexperks Visa Card.
You: The fine print for that reads: 4. Reward bonus applies to U.S. Bank FlexPerks Cash, Travel and Select Rewards Visa Credit Cards. Earn a monthly bonus on the reward you earn for net purchases during the month.
Michelle: Absolutely! Yes you would be able to have the bonus.
You: My question is, does the new U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card fall as one of those "Selected Rewards Visa Credit Cards" because it is a new card
Michelle: Okay, I'm sorry I misunderstood. The Cash+ would actually not be included.
Michelle: It actually does earn more rewards with the packages, for the Gold or Platinum Checking Package you would earn an additional rewards.
Michelle: Give me one moment and I will get the amounts...
You: Sure thing.
Michelle: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Michelle: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
Michelle: Thank you so much! I found that on the categories that earn 1% you actually would earn an additional 25% for the Gold and 50% for the Platinum.
You: Which card is this for?
Michelle: This would be with the Cash+ card.
You: Okay so just to make sure I understand correctly, the 5% and 2% categories on the Cash+ do not receive any of the checking package bonuses, but the 1% reward portion of the card does?
Michelle: Exactly! You are correct.
Michelle: It is such a great card alone or with a package.

yadayadayada and she continues for a few lines trying to sell me on signing up for a checking account. hope this was useful

rated:
i wonder whether we get 5.25% on those 5% categories at all (25% of 1% from the 5% purchase)

strikeoutk said:   If anyone was thinking of trying to get additional rewards by having a gold/platinum checking package, basically you only receive the 25% and 50% bonus for the 1% reward category of the cash+ card (basically no additional bonus on the 5% or 2% categories you choose).

You: Hello Michelle. I had a question regarding some of the benefits for the gold and platinum checking packages
Michelle: Thank you for considering us! I would be happy to help you. What questions could I answer for you today?
You: I see that one of the benefits for the gold and platinum checking packages is a 25% or 50% monthly bonus on the US Bank Flexperks Visa Card.
You: The fine print for that reads: 4. Reward bonus applies to U.S. Bank FlexPerks Cash, Travel and Select Rewards Visa Credit Cards. Earn a monthly bonus on the reward you earn for net purchases during the month.
You: My question is, does the new U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card fall as one of those "Selected Rewards Visa Credit Cards" because it is a new card
Michelle: Okay, I'm sorry I misunderstood. The Cash+ would actually not be included.
Michelle: It actually does earn more rewards with the packages, for the Gold or Platinum Checking Package you would earn an additional rewards.
Michelle: Thank you so much! I found that on the categories that earn 1% you actually would earn an additional 25% for the Gold and 50% for the Platinum.
You: Okay so just to make sure I understand correctly, the 5% and 2% categories on the Cash+ do not receive any of the checking package bonuses, but the 1% reward portion of the card does?

yadayadayada and she continues for a few lines trying to sell me on signing up for a checking account. hope this was useful

rated:
akiri423 said:   Got the same 7-10 days by mail answer as others. Thanks for the FB link.

Got the card in the mail today without having gotten an email or anything. Thanks again, OP!

rated:
Let us know after your first statement if you received the bonus.

strikeoutk said:   If anyone was thinking of trying to get additional rewards by having a gold/platinum checking package, basically you only receive the 25% and 50% bonus for the 1% reward category of the cash+ card (basically no additional bonus on the 5% or 2% categories you choose).

rated:
bluechalk said:   How did you set up the auto pay for State Farm? I think State Farm changed their billpay stuff within the past year. So if you hadn't tried to it recently, I'd just try again.

rated:
bargainhunter3 said:   Let us know after your first statement if you received the bonus.

I read strikeoutk's post as if he/she didn't actually have a gold/platinum checking account.

rated:
Today I received just a letter with terms and conditions (10 pages), but no card yet. Is that normal? I would have thought they would have sent everything together.

rated:
dataadmin said:   Today I received just a letter with terms and conditions (10 pages), but no card yet. Is that normal? I would have thought they would have sent everything together.

It's normal. My card and T&C came in separately but I received both at the same time.

rated:
Person Platinum, no annual fee, no bonuses card; 10k line; converted in about 8 minutes; only questions asked were to verify who I was - Thanks OP

rated:
Did anyone who signed up via the Facebook link find anything in writing with the card or terms about the $50 bonus?

rated:
There must be some way to pay rent w/ a credit card and have it count as 5% under bill pay. Even if a company charges 3%, that would still mean 2% Cash Back and 3.25% with the bonus option. Lets figure out how to make this happen!

rated:
lonestarguy said:   Did anyone who signed up via the Facebook link find anything in writing with the card or terms about the $50 bonus?

nope, such bonuses are hardly ever mentioned. Best thing would be to just spend your $500 and wait.

rated:
mattun said:   Couldn't convert from FlexPerks card. Was able to convert that card to the no annual fee FlexPerks card however (so at least I don't have to do that annual "spend X dollars to get your annual fee waived" dance anymore).

I was also not able to convert my no annual fee Flexperks card according to CSRs. I believe the reason for this is my card was originally an NWA Worldperks card and US Bank is not allowing any co-branded cards to convert.

rated:
gopherguy said:   mattun said:   Couldn't convert from FlexPerks card. Was able to convert that card to the no annual fee FlexPerks card however (so at least I don't have to do that annual "spend X dollars to get your annual fee waived" dance anymore).

I was also not able to convert my no annual fee Flexperks card according to CSRs. I believe the reason for this is my card was originally an NWA Worldperks card and US Bank is not allowing any co-branded cards to convert.

That's a good theory. Mine was originally a Worldperks card as well.

rated:
mattun said:   gopherguy said:   mattun said:   Couldn't convert from FlexPerks card. Was able to convert that card to the no annual fee FlexPerks card however (so at least I don't have to do that annual "spend X dollars to get your annual fee waived" dance anymore).

That's a good theory. Mine was originally a Worldperks card as well.

I was also unable to convert, and mine was not originally a WorldPerks card or any other co-branded card.

I went ahead and applied for a new card; still awaiting a decision.

rated:
Okay waiting on my card. Who has figured out how to get the 5% back on eBay?

rated:
LeveragedSpeculator said:   Okay waiting on my card. Who has figured out how to get the 5% back on eBay?
department stores (Sears), home improvement stores (Lowe's), and electronics stores (all YMMV depending on stock) usually have eBay gift cards on their gift card racks.

Or get AMEX blue cash preferred, and get them for a 6% discount at grocery stores.

rated:
Any indication on wether you can get the $25 bonus card for redeeming more than $100 (ie. $50 for redeeming $200) or if you have to do individual $100 redemptions to optimize it?

rated:
ScreamingDaisy said:   Any indication on wether you can get the $25 bonus card for redeeming more than $100 (ie. $50 for redeeming $200) or if you have to do individual $100 redemptions to optimize it?I read it as a single bonus upon redemption.

rated:
what Newegg, TigerDirect, MacMall, etc fall in the categories? electronics stores or something else? anyone has experience on those?

rated:
ScreamingDaisy said:   Any indication on wether you can get the $25 bonus card for redeeming more than $100 (ie. $50 for redeeming $200) or if you have to do individual $100 redemptions to optimize it?

I posted a link to the Rewards FAQ in the summary. In that FAQ, they state: "Redeem $100 or more in a single redemption and receive a $25 Cash+ Bonus Rewards Card." Based on that, I would redeem once you hit the $100 mark.

rated:
Got mine Saturday, also without any email notification. I had given up. I'm going to add Home Improvement Stores and test out buying gift cards and see if the bonus works.

rated:
Most important thing is I can get 5% straight CashBack by buying Amazon gift cards at Lowes. Beats 5points/$1 with the forward.

rated:
EdMcK515 said:   Most important thing is I can get 5% straight CashBack by buying Amazon gift cards at Lowes. Beats 5points/$1 with the forward.
For me, it's a question of how much I value the price protection, whether I may return the item, and basic CC benefits the forward provides. With PJ, the forward provides an effective 4.5% CB for Amazon. Often, though not always, the benefits provided outweigh the extra 0.5% CB (or 1.5% in the case of BCP) obtained by buying an Amazon GC.

rated:
EdMcK515 said:   Most important thing is I can get 5% straight CashBack by buying Amazon gift cards at Lowes. Beats 5points/$1 with the forward.

Don't forget it's 6.25% when redeeming $100 at a time.

rated:
Got the card yesterday together with a letter telling me that the card has been closed unless I send a "numident report", which need me to go to social security beau to request a report shows that the ssn used belongs to me. Anyone in the same boat? It's too much trouble for just a credit card. Decide just let them close it.

rated:
Just a heads up incase you dont know, one of the Sallie Mae Visa cards gives 5% CashBack on Amazon purchases for up to $1000/month. If the 6.25% goes away I'd say thats a better method since you wont have to deal with gift cards.

rated:
BingBlangBlaow said:   EdMcK515 said:   Most important thing is I can get 5% straight CashBack by buying Amazon gift cards at Lowes. Beats 5points/$1 with the forward.

Don't forget it's 6.25% when redeeming $100 at a time.

Just applied. Got the 7-10 day notice. Realized I probably have some kind of sock-drawered CC with them that I could have tried to convert, etc., hopefully that's not an issue and I'll get confirmed here in a week.

Also, I have a feeling that this card is going to get randomly shut down faster than chase, especially since the whole 25-dollar Visa card is going to probably draw a lot of attention to this (i.e., going in and redeeming 100 bucks at a time like 15 times). Either way, I'm glad that a 5% card is back!

rated:
Got the 7-10 day message, got a letter saying I was denied because I am out of their service region. (Western NY)

rated:
what 5% categories did you guys pick and why?

rated:
I also received the 7-10 day message from western NY (Rochester) and was accepted with a 10k credit limit.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 123 4 535
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014