• 1 2 34535
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
to ^^^^ (neophyte)
sure I did, first post. It was buried though

imbatman said:   interesting:

1 Cardmember must enroll each quarter into categories [5% or 2%] of their choice, or all net purchases will earn no more than 1% Cash Back. Categories subject to change quarterly. U.S. Bank cannot control how merchants choose to classify their business (Purchase categories) and reserves the right to determine which Purchases qualify. Full details will be provided upon approval of an account.

no limit to rewards.
Here's a demofor how to select the 5% categories
Looks like your 5%ers can be Department Stores, Restaurants, Home Improvement Stores, Electronics Stores, Airlines, Hotels, Bill Payment, Fast Food, Furniture stores, Car Rental, Charity, Movie Theaters.

Ads by Google
rated:
can i do this with my rent?? I pay online, i wonder how i could make it a bill pay, that would be really hot of a deal if i could do that.

rated:
calisoldier83 said:   The only benefits of this card over CITI Forward is the 5% option for dept stores and bill pay. Restaurants should be bundled with fast food, likewise with furniture and dept stores. The 2% isn't very worthwhile. The limitations on Hotels, Airlines, and Car Rentals will not yield any savings.

If I recall correctly neither Chase or Discover included home improvement stores in the 5% this year. So this card may be good for people that aren't into buying the gift cards in advance. (Either can't forecast their spending, or simply don't want to spend cash sooner than needed)

Citi also has several good cards out there, so there could also be people that wouldn't easily qualify for the Forward Card.
(In my case - Maxed out Platinum (0%) and AAdvantage card (0%) hogging available credit line with Citi. )

rickt86 said:   can i do this with my rent?? I pay online, i wonder how i could make it a bill pay, that would be really hot of a deal if i could do that.

Assuming your landlord has the option to set it up for auto-pay, it might depend upon how your landlord classifies the charge.

They don't mean bill-pay like you'd have with a checking account. They mean log into AT&T (Or in your case, the site landlord uses) enter your card information to set up Auto-pay.

rated:
Get it while it is hot, because this feature won't last long.

rated:
lray said:   Get it while it is hot, because this feature won't last long.The card just came out...

rated:
my rent normally comes up like this on my discover card

Merchant Category Description REAL ESTATE AGENTS AND MANAGERS--RENTAL
Board Industry Description SERVICES-GENERAL
POS Mode Description ONLINE
Recurring Billing Indicator N

but I do not have it right now a recurring bill, not sure if i put it recurring if it will put yes, and that will get me the 5%, its a large rental corporation that owns my complex.

rated:
calisoldier83 said:   The only benefits of this card over CITI Forward is the 5% option for dept stores and bill pay. Restaurants should be bundled with fast food, likewise with furniture and dept stores. The 2% isn't very worthwhile. The limitations on Hotels, Airlines, and Car Rentals will not yield any savings.
$25 bonus on top $100 CashBack is a big benefit, along with not having to deal with TY points

rated:
jatan1986 said:   lray said:   Get it while it is hot, because this feature won't last long.The card just came out...All the good ones die quickly. I'm not saying this one is that good, but still.

I predict the $25 on $100 bonus will be the first to go. Like the $50 on $200 on one of those old Chase cards. Cash Plus Rewards was it?

On a side note I wonder if Chase trademarked "Cash Plus" and will punish US Bank for having a short memory.

rated:
rickt86 said:   my rent normally comes up like this on my discover card

Merchant Category Description REAL ESTATE AGENTS AND MANAGERS--RENTAL
Board Industry Description SERVICES-GENERAL
POS Mode Description ONLINE
Recurring Billing Indicator N

but I do not have it right now a recurring bill, not sure if i put it recurring if it will put yes, and that will get me the 5%, its a large rental corporation that owns my complex.
It's not 5% on ANY CATEGORY, it's on "any category from this list we can change every quarter". The real estate categories will never be on that list.

rated:
Pondus said:   U.S. Bank's sensitivity to the number of inquiries is another concernthey check some weird 3rd party credit bureau too, forget the name.

EDIT: in addition to whatever common credit bureau they pull

rated:
us the facebook link to get $50 instead of $25
http://www.usbank.com/splash/credit-cards/cashplus/94154.html?re...

rated:
Alcibiades said:   Pondus said:   U.S. Bank's sensitivity to the number of inquiries is another concernthey check some weird 3rd party credit bureau too, forget the name

Everyone on credit boards reports equifax is pulled by us bank.

rated:
nuugatman said:   rjdoc74 said:   We're unable to provide a decision about your application at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. You will be notified of the decision via U.S. Mail in 7-10 business days.

I just applied and got this message. I called 800-947-1444 and found out I was denied. A rep told me that my application was auto-declined because of my geographical region, and that only the flex perks rewards cards are offered nationwide. I live in the southeast btw.

From their fb page: the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature is available in all 50 states. Please call 800-285-8585 if you still have any questions. ^ab

rated:
usb1 said:   us the facebook link to get $50 instead of $25
http://www.usbank.com/splash/credit-cards/cashplus/94154.html?re...

usb1, thank you for that direct link!

rated:
0% intro APR as well?

rated:
I get the Flexperks offers via postal mail all of the times, I am hoping they drop at least a round of this in the mail with maybe a more attractive bonus starting offer.

Rasheed

rated:
imbatman said:   Alcibiades said:   Pondus said:   U.S. Bank's sensitivity to the number of inquiries is another concernthey check some weird 3rd party credit bureau too, forget the name

Everyone on credit boards reports equifax is pulled by us bank.
They pulled Experian for me.

rated:
Zaos said:   nuugatman said:   rjdoc74 said:   We're unable to provide a decision about your application at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. You will be notified of the decision via U.S. Mail in 7-10 business days.

I just applied and got this message. I called 800-947-1444 and found out I was denied. A rep told me that my application was auto-declined because of my geographical region, and that only the flex perks rewards cards are offered nationwide. I live in the southeast btw.

From their fb page: the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature is available in all 50 states. Please call 800-285-8585 if you still have any questions. ^ab

Update on my situation: After seeing this, I talked to someone on live chat and the CSR did confirm that the card is available in all 50 states. I called the underwriting department again and got them to manually pull my application. They said they would give me an update in a couple of days.

If anyone is out of their market region I would suggest applying over the phone to avoid getting your application automatically kicked out.

rated:
Could you use the billpay to make your mortgage payment?

rated:
I had the same issue as nuugatman. The website is tossing out apps submitted from any state in which they do not have a branch. However, if you call 800-947-1444, they'll manually submit your app to underwriting.

rated:
This card could be great for people who travel a lot, but only if you can keep the same 5% categories every month (e.g. hotels+airlines). This is especially good since there are no caps on how much you can earn. On the other hand, I have a feeling that they won't be very happy when people start charging $10k/month at 5% back and that the rewards program will last only a short time in its current form. Most likely, they'll figure out some way to ensure you can't get too much back every month.

rated:
dblevitan said:   This card could be great for people who travel a lot, but only if you can keep the same 5% categories every month (e.g. hotels+airlines). This is especially good since there are no caps on how much you can earn. On the other hand, I have a feeling that they won't be very happy when people start charging $10k/month at 5% back and that the rewards program will last only a short time in its current form. Most likely, they'll figure out some way to ensure you can't get too much back every month.
USBank said: Yes, you can choose the same Cash+ Categories every quarter at usbank.com/cashplus by selecting the previous quarter’s Cash+ Categories or by calling the Cardmember Service number printed on the back of your U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card.

rated:
5.Should your application for the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa® Signature card be denied, submitting this application constitutes your application for a U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Cash Rewards Visa® card.

rated:
I heard if you have a platinum checking/savings account you get an additional %50 bonus. IE 5%/2%/1% = 7.5%/3%/1.5%. I couldn't find it in the fine print, but my banker said that it's the same way as the flexperks cards. YMMV

Platinum accounts are free for anyone who has ever served in the military or has something like $25k in debt/deposits with them (Mortgage, HELOCs, CD's count)
http://www.usbank.com/package/platinum.html

Has anyone ever dealt with a category card like this before? I am not getting the category thing. Here is Visa's MCC lookup, but how do I know which category is covered when I choose fast food vs restaurants? May I ask someone who has had one of these types of cards to describe how it works?

rated:
Table83 said:   Platinum accounts are free for anyone who has ever served in the military or has something like $25k in debt/deposits with them (Mortgage, HELOCs, CD's count)
Your CC balance counts for the $25K total: Maintain $25,000 in combined personal deposit, investment and/or credit balances

rated:
If you only use this card for the 5% categories, and then you wait to redeem it until you have $100 in rewards to get the extra $25 bonus, then it really becomes a 6.25% card. Not bad at all.

rated:
neophyte said:   Table83 said:   Platinum accounts are free for anyone who has ever served in the military or has something like $25k in debt/deposits with them (Mortgage, HELOCs, CD's count)
Your CC balance counts for the $25K total: Maintain $25,000 in combined personal deposit, investment and/or credit balances

That doesn't sound right to me. I think you're talking about the Gold one (which only gives a 25% bonus and not the 50%) and you need to have an auto-payment.

rated:
falcontx said:   I had the same issue as nuugatman. The website is tossing out apps submitted from any state in which they do not have a branch. However, if you call 800-947-1444, they'll manually submit your app to underwriting.

This number works only 7AM-7PM central 8-5 Saturday.

rated:
Table83 said:   neophyte said:   Table83 said:   Platinum accounts are free for anyone who has ever served in the military or has something like $25k in debt/deposits with them (Mortgage, HELOCs, CD's count)

That doesn't sound right to me. I think you're talking about the Gold one (which only gives a 25% bonus and not the 50%) and you need to have an auto-payment.
Right on the Platinum page - fees and disclosures tab, go and read yourself

BTW - Citi also counts debit balances for package qualifications, nothing unique about it

rated:
neophyte said:   Table83 said:   neophyte said:   Table83 said:   Platinum accounts are free for anyone who has ever served in the military or has something like $25k in debt/deposits with them (Mortgage, HELOCs, CD's count)

Right on the Platinum page - fees and disclosures tab, go and read yourself

BTW - Citi also counts debit balances for package qualifications, nothing unique about it

It also states: 50% monthly bonus on all rewards earned for net purchases with your U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Credit Card6.

So I wouldn't hold my breath on the 50% bonus for this card.

rated:
Odd, CSR wouldn't convert LinuxFund to Cash+ but could convert to Cash rewards. I guess I could just call back and get them to go from Cash rewards to cash+?

rated:
This card will be a great addition to my arsenal. Thanks OP!

rated:
Where would Amazon and Newegg fall in the categories?

rated:
Another update: Called this morning and was approved with a $10,000 limit.

rated:
lowspeed said:   Where would Amazon and Newegg fall in the categories?

I think Amazon varies (don't know how though). Newegg falls under "electronics stores".

rated:
I just converted my old USBank FlexPerks card to the Cash+ with a phone call, no inquiry required. Was told that I will get a new card (with a new number) in the mail in a few days, and that the rewards changes will take one complete billing cycle to kick in.

I got this FlexPerks card over five years ago for a 0% no-fee B/T deal, long paid off. Since then, it's been mostly sitting in my sock drawer.

I'd have signed up for a new one (for the signup bonus), but I'm trying to hold down my inquiries.

Thanks OP! I'd never have known about this card otherwise.

Chris.

rated:
lowspeed said:   Where would Amazon and Newegg fall in the categories?

Amazon classifies as "Bookstore" in every case I've seen. Newegg would be electronics.

Chris.

rated:
Anyone able to convert their US bank ADA (i.e. old Citibank ADA) card to this? The first rep I got told me I'd have to submit an application.

rated:
My online app was marked pending decision. I called this morning concerning my new application (I called the 800-947-1444 number posted in this thread) and was told that the applications take 2-3 business days to be reviewed, and that it should be reviewed by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Has anyone else experienced this with this particular card app?

-mike

rated:
I got the same message and when I called next day (closer to the end of the day), the automated system told me "congratulations, you've been approved"

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1 2 34535
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014