• filter:
  • 121 22 23242537
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
For uverse, perhaps there is more than one site to pay. How are those getting 4814 paying?

rated:
Hi! I am sure I am missing something, how do I see what the transaction is coded as ? I see the rewards posting, but not the MCC code. Where do I see that for my transaction on usbank.com

rated:
Instructions are in the Quick Summary.

rated:
abracadaver said:   Just wanted to give my .02, I just sock drawer-ed my Citi Forward card after I selected Restaurants/Fast Food & Drug Stores as my categories for this month. I figure as long as the $25 bonus reward is still in effect, this is the best dining card out there.
I did this also. I hate choosing the wrong card for paying restaraunt vs. fast food, so it's nice to have one card for both.

Also, close to 3% CB at Rx stores is nice... (until the checking acct bonuses end at least).

rated:
markkundinger said:   MoneyOCD said:    It states that charges coded 04899 should be getting 5% as it is one of the eligible codings for telecommunication.
Many people picked cell phone category hoping that it will work for all charges with such code which now looks like not really true.

I was one of those people. And my u-verse is coded as 4899. Darn.
Oh Fishsticks! I stopped the auto pay of my Brighthouse bill while waiting for my credit card to come in just so I could get this. Mine was listed as 4899 too.

rated:
lonestarguy said:   For uverse, perhaps there is more than one site to pay. How are those getting 4814 paying?
I get 4814 and I autopay. Here's how mine gets coded: ATT*CONS PHONE PMT 800-288-2. I only have television service with Uverse, not their (crappy) Internet or phone.

Maybe one-time payments get coded as 4899? Or maybe it differs based on type of service? Or maybe I just got lucky?

rated:
Another hypothesis: might is be regional? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the "baby Bells" that comprise it operate somewhat independently. So, in that sense, I wonder if it matters whether it's BellSouth billing, or Pacific Bell, etc.

rated:
I have had this card for about 6 months now . I push roughly 7k or so a month through the card(7.5k CL) and yesterday got a letter in the mail that they gave me a CLI to 10k

rated:
Any ideas on what this would fit into (if anything?)

OFFICE SUPPLIES/STATIONERY -5947

rated:
antifaith said:   Another hypothesis: might is be regional? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the "baby Bells" that comprise it operate somewhat independently. So, in that sense, I wonder if it matters whether it's BellSouth billing, or Pacific Bell, etc.
Good theory. I'm in N.C. (BellSouth) if that helps anyone for comparison purposes.

rated:
simmias said:   Good theory. I'm in N.C. (BellSouth) if that helps anyone for comparison purposes.

Thanks! I'm in GA. I'll switch to autopay, and report back!

rated:
Do you really have to have a US Bank checking account to do Autopay for this?

rated:
I finally recd. my $25 rewards card. I registered it online on usbankcorporaterewards.com, but how do I set a PIN on this ? I thought I need to have a PIN to use it as a debit card.

rated:
tajar96 said:   I finally recd. my $25 rewards card. I registered it online on usbankcorporaterewards.com, but how do I set a PIN on this ? I thought I need to have a PIN to use it as a debit card.Call number on back of card. After going through some initial prompts you press #5 & #2 to set new pin.

rated:
If you gonna use it to pay in-store you do not need PIN, confirmed.

rated:
I finally recd. my $25 rewards card. I registered it online on usbankcorporaterewards.com, but how do I set a PIN on this ? I thought I need to have a PIN to use it as a debit card.

Well, I used mine by selecting credit card instead of debit card and having the grocery store cashier only charge $25 to it. Selecting debit card at the swipe terminal will prompt for a pin, but credit card did not prompt for PIN for me. YMMV.

justacog

rated:
ucfzf10 said:   tajar96 said:   I finally recd. my $25 rewards card. I registered it online on usbankcorporaterewards.com, but how do I set a PIN on this ? I thought I need to have a PIN to use it as a debit card.Call number on back of card. After going through some initial prompts you press #5 & #2 to set new pin.

Thanks!

rated:
cdancer20 said:    I went ahead and applied for this card. Even though the utilities are going away , I still would be able to cover my phone and cable bill which combined is the most that I spend each month in one category. Also, I did qualify for the Platinum acct with no fee and no minimum deposit due to my mortgage so until August, this will be a great card for me, even for things that fall into the 1% category. And who knows, in a few months, it may change again and they may bring the utilities back one day.

No bank in my area to apply at so I called the number that was listed in this thread to apply, 8884434778. Just for anyone that is still interested in this card, the agent told me that this card is kind of hard to get, i.e. you need good-excellent credit to get it. Just a heads-up.

Even though my cable bill probably won't be included, the 5% to cell phone for this card will probably still be good since I just ordered a new phone.

Nonetheless, I wanted to report on the hassle to get this card. When I initially applied (last week of March), the rep told me that I was approved for $x000 and we opened a platinum account for me. A week and a half later, I get the card in the mail, and it's the REGULAR CASH!! I am highly upset b/c I know that the rep said I was approved. I called the underwriting line and the rep there said that she didn't know why I didn't get the cash+ since I had decent credit. Yet, since it was too long since I initially applied that I had to re-apply through customer service and ask them to put it to be manually approved by underwriting. They couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't be another hit against my credit but possibly not. The customer service rep was confused at why the original rep said it was approved b/c what she clearly so was that it was not approved. Nonetheless, they let me put in another application, which was instantly approved for $x000 but I had to wait.

All the while, I am mad b/c I have this extra credit card now that will show up on my credit report that I don't want. Finally after about a week, I called the underwriting line and they assured me that I was approved for the cash+. (And luckily I did not see another hit on my credit report.) I waited about a week to get my card and guaranteed that it was the cash+. Then I called in to cancel the regular cash plus. It actually turned out good for me though in the end. I was going to call to ask to raise my credit limit to maybe a few thousand more later but when I went to close the cash, the rep VOLUNTEERED to combine that cash limit with my cash+ and thus in the end I got $xx000 limit, which was double the original limit. So all is well now. I hate that I had to wait so long. I pushed back paying one of my bills until I got card just so I could check if the cable bill thing would work. Big hassle so just wanted to give someone else the heads up. If you have some "questionable" things on your credit report (in my case I was auto refinance shopping right before this), it might be wise to wait a day or two and verify that you were truly approved.

rated:
I do autopay for ATT Uverse and it came up 4899. I wonder if you make a payment in an ATT store would it come up 4814? I haven't tried yet and am curious if anyone has with a similar situation.

rated:
Has anyone tried using the US Bank FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature card (or any US Bank cc)to load AMEX serve recently & has it gone on as a purchase or cash advance? thx

rated:
just got this card, if anyone has some metrics they're willing to share about how hard they pushed this card successfully (or not), i'd very much appreciate a PM. i will reciprocate once i have some data to share

rated:
any success in cashing out these $25 bonus cards?

rated:
goku2 said:   any success in cashing out these $25 bonus cards?I setup pin & loaded it to BB at WM.

rated:
Too bad I don't have a WalMart near by me...

rated:
Is anyone able to pay their US bank bill via wm bill pay ?

rated:
Deleted. Nothing to see here.

rated:
ucfzf10 said:   I setup pin & loaded it to BB at WM.I have had no success in setting the pin, so I just use them for co-pay at the doctor, as my co-pay is exactly $25. Costs me $0.50 vs. using a 2% card, but not worth the time to worry about it.

rated:
Deleted

rated:

rated:

rated:
Deleted

rated:
Deleted. Sorry for wasting spaces.

rated:
It seems like I really missed out on all the good of this card. First the bill pay and now this! According to my statement, the extra $25 card is getting limited to once a year on July 1st. Based on my bill cycle, that means that I need to max spend this month to get the extra cards. Well that sucks. I have a decent balance but I didn't plan on using this card to the max.

rated:
cdancer20 said:   It seems like I really missed out on all the good of this card. First the bill pay and now this! According to my statement, the extra $25 card is getting limited to once a year on July 1st. Based on my bill cycle, that means that I need to max spend this month to get the extra cards. Well that sucks. I have a decent balance but I didn't plan on using this card to the max.

Is it confirmed that the $25 will be limited to once per year on July 1? In some cases it might be worth while prepaying bills or taking other measures to get a $25 bonus before July 1, so you can then hope for another in the next year. For instance, I am about $10 short of $100 and that might be earned on $200 in spending at 5%, which might be achieved by prepaying a cell phone bill, or buying gift cards at a department store, etc.

It may also pay to try to get the closing date pushed up to close to the end of the month so there is a maximum time in June for spending.

It may be nice to have closing date near the end of the month so that if you do a lot of spending in a category (to qualify for the 5% in a category you are dropping), you can do it at the last practical date.

rated:
ProfessorEd said: Is it confirmed that the $25 will be limited to on]ce per year on July 1?

From my May statement:

Important notice regarding your U.S.Bank Cash+TM Visa Signature Card. Effective July 1, 2013, all single
redemptions of $100 or more made on or after 7/1/2013 will now be limited to one $25 Cash+ Bonus per
calendar year.(January 1 - December 31). Prior to 7/1/2013, all single redemptions of $100 or more will
continue to receive the $25 Cash+ Bonus. Please call us with any questions 24/7 at 1-800-285-8585.

rated:
luv2save12 said:   ProfessorEd said: Is it confirmed that the $25 will be limited to on]ce per year on July 1?

From my May statement:

Important notice regarding your U.S.Bank Cash+TM Visa Signature Card. Effective July 1, 2013, all single
redemptions of $100 or more made on or after 7/1/2013 will now be limited to one $25 Cash+ Bonus per
calendar year.(January 1 - December 31). Prior to 7/1/2013, all single redemptions of $100 or more will
continue to receive the $25 Cash+ Bonus. Please call us with any questions 24/7 at 1-800-285-8585.

Wonder how that impacts the Gold & Platinum bank accounts.

rated:
Re: categories -- any info on AP and direct Amazon purchases?

rated:
lokimoki said:   Re: categories -- any info on AP and direct Amazon purchases?

Seems that AP is "professional service" while Amazon merchandise is "bookstore."

rated:
luv2save12 said:   ProfessorEd said: Is it confirmed that the $25 will be limited to on]ce per year on July 1?

From my May statement:

The per calendar year is important, since there are only six months after July 1. To get a $100 rebate in that period would require $2000 in 5% spending, or about $333 per year. Only if your likely spending would exceed that is it worth considering accelerating spending to get $100.

However, as I interpret the above language, if you get, or have gotten a $25 bonus in the first half of the year, you will not be able to get another between July 1 and Dec. 31, 2013. Thus, accelerating spending will produce no benefit in terms of increased numbers of $25 bonuses.

Incidentally, for some it may pay to delay redemptions after July 1, 2013 since there will be no $25 bonus benefit for 2013. If delayed to 2014, the $25 bonus will be received. This will primarily affect those with fairly low spending on the card, who may take more than a year to earn enough to get a $100 redemption. With the new categories, I and many others will probably fall into this category.

Finally, a minor argument for accelerating spending may be to avoid any need to delay a $100 redemption to 2014. For instance, my circumstances is a received on such $25 bonus this year, and am fairly close to receiving the next $100 redemption. With normal spending I probably would reach $100 some time in late summer. Taking an immediate redemption for $100 would mean no $25 bonus. If I concluded I would not otherwise get a $25 bonus in 2014, I would consider not requesting a redemption till 2014.

Admittedly, with the new rules card users will fall into two categories. Those who earn points at such a slow rate that they chose to take cash when ever they reach $25 (or who quit using the card at all), and high users who expect to exceed $2000 per year, and plan on receiving the $25 bonus once each year. For them the rule will probably be to wait for $100 once each year, and then to redeem in $25 increments (unless near the end of the yer, when they may choose to wait for the next year before redeeming).

rated:
ProfessorEd said:   luv2save12 said:   ProfessorEd said: Is it confirmed that the $25 will be limited to on]ce per year on July 1?

From my May statement:

The per calendar year is important, since there are only six months after July 1. To get a $100 rebate in that period would require $2000 in 5% spending, or about $333 per year. Only if your likely spending would exceed that is it worth considering accelerating spending to get $100.

However, as I interpret the above language, if you get, or have gotten a $25 bonus in the first half of the year, you will not be able to get another between July 1 and Dec. 31, 2013. Thus, accelerating spending will produce no benefit in terms of increased numbers of $25 bonuses.

Incidentally, for some it may pay to delay redemptions after July 1, 2013 since there will be no $25 bonus benefit for 2013. If delayed to 2014, the $25 bonus will be received. This will primarily affect those with fairly low spending on the card, who may take more than a year to earn enough to get a $100 redemption. With the new categories, I and many others will probably fall into this category.

Finally, a minor argument for accelerating spending may be to avoid any need to delay a $100 redemption to 2014. For instance, my circumstances is a received on such $25 bonus this year, and am fairly close to receiving the next $100 redemption. With normal spending I probably would reach $100 some time in late summer. Taking an immediate redemption for $100 would mean no $25 bonus. If I concluded I would not otherwise get a $25 bonus in 2014, I would consider not requesting a redemption till 2014.

Admittedly, with the new rules card users will fall into two categories. Those who earn points at such a slow rate that they chose to take cash when ever they reach $25 (or who quit using the card at all), and high users who expect to exceed $2000 per year, and plan on receiving the $25 bonus once each year. For them the rule will probably be to wait for $100 once each year, and then to redeem in $25 increments (unless near the end of the yer, when they may choose to wait for the next year before redeeming).
I'm under the impression that what you did before July 1st will be irrelevant to after July 1st. Thus even if you have gotten $25 bonuses, you will still be entitled to one more before the calendar year is up.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014