ShareBuilder $200 Bonus

Archived From: Finance
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
AugustFour said:   
I was told to keep the deposit until bonus payment when I called. How could it be that "half a day" qualified?

I do not know how but it worked. I spoke with two people and both said as soon as the deposit is received it triggers the bonus. I lied and said I would be investing it and they assured me that if the balance drops below 10000 it would still trigger the bonus.

AugustFour said:   I was told to keep the deposit until bonus payment when I called. How could it be that "half a day" qualified?

Why wouldn't it? The T&C only require a deposit and say nothing about how long it has to stay there. They even point out the bonus can't be withdrawn right away without attaching similar language to the deposit. It has been traditionally true for other bank bonuses as well that the deposit itself is what triggers the bonus. Of course if you talk to a rep they will have their own thoughts on the subject.

dl73 said:   Why wouldn't it? The T&C only require a deposit and say nothing about how long it has to stay there. They even point out the bonus can't be withdrawn right away without attaching similar language to the deposit. It has been traditionally true for other bank bonuses as well that the deposit itself is what triggers the bonus. Of course if you talk to a rep they will have their own thoughts on the subject.What are they going to say? "Feel free to withdraw the money the next day"? My take is that since the T&C seem to be so clear on what you need to do (like the $200 bonus expiring 9/30 that says you need to keep the $10k in the account for 6 months), if they do not say you need to keep the money, then you don't have to.

invisible said:   Getting another $100 for full ACAT account transfer from my idle optionsxpress.com account from last year's deal, MINUS the $50 fee for outgoing ACAT transfer = $50

Just had to increase balance to 500+ before the transfer: http://content.sharebuilder.com/mgdcon/jump/consumer/transfer/in...

Note that bonus will be held for 180days. Not a problem ...so in 4 2 x $50

Many here may have idle accounts from optionshouse or optionsxpress from last year's wonderful deals, so put them to good use folks !

Sweet ... OptionsXpress did not charge any outgoing ACAT fee as full amount showed up, and am on track to receive $100 @ SB as transfer completed w/o issues

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014