Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

ShareBuilder $200 Bonus

First page
1 of 7
lokimoki
6/12/12 6:38 PM
Email offering $200 bonus for $10,000 deposit (apparently cash only), code JUNE200.
*edit*
According to customer service reps there's a hard pull for margin accounts, otherwise a soft pull.
WikiPost
6/12/12 6:38 PM
dbl118
6/12/12 6:47 PM
Is this for new accounts only? Is there a minimal amount of time you need to leave the money in there?
chaddi
6/12/12 6:59 PM
How long you need to keep $10K in your account?
Kempman
6/12/12 7:02 PM
chaddi said:   

I signed up with this promotion a couple of weeks ago. The terms don't say anything about how long the $10k needs to stay in the account, and Sharebuilder confirmed via email pretty quickly that I had satisfied the promotion requirements. Once that confirmation came through I withdrew most of the funds without any consequences.
bwicked1
6/12/12 7:41 PM
dbl118 said:   

Is this for new accounts only? Is there a minimal amount of time you need to leave the money in there?

www.sharebuilder.com/em/june200

2 You must open a new ShareBuilder account and deposit $10,000 or more to be eligible for this promotion. Initial deposit must be completed by 6/30/12. ING DIRECT Investing will deposit a $200 bonus approximately 4-6 weeks after your first $10,000 deposit. The $200 bonus offer is available for Individual, Joint and Custodial accounts only. Offer not valid for IRAs or ESAs. The $200 bonus is not available for withdrawal for 120 days after it is awarded to your account. This offer is not valid with any other offers and is non-transferrable. Limit one ShareBuilder account bonus per unique customer or custodial beneficiary. We reserve the right to terminate this offer at any time and to refuse or recover any promotion award if we determine that it was obtained under wrongful or fraudulent circumstances, that inaccurate or incomplete information was provided in opening the account, or that any terms of our Account Agreement have been violated. Offer expires 6/30/12.
teammjs
6/12/12 8:26 PM
OK, I know I'm an idiot, but I used to be good at reading the T&C.

I'm still unclear if it's possible to get this bonus if you took advantage of a past one (like the December/January ones).

On one hand: "You must open a new ShareBuilder account" is different than "you must be a new customer".

On the other hand: "This offer is not valid with any other offers and is non-transferrable. Limit one ShareBuilder account bonus per unique customer or custodial beneficiary." could be literally interpreted to mean if you EVER received a bonus before, you're SOL... or just that you can't get this one more than once or with an ongoing current offer.

Am I the only one unclear if there is an exclusion now if opening an old account got a bonus in the past?
thehotone
6/12/12 8:47 PM
Any ides on how I can stack this offer with some sort of referral bonus or business partner offer(e.g. airlines etc?
FaceOff
6/12/12 10:19 PM
Kempman said:   

chaddi said:   

I signed up with this promotion a couple of weeks ago. The terms don't say anything about how long the $10k needs to stay in the account, and Sharebuilder confirmed via email pretty quickly that I had satisfied the promotion requirements. Once that confirmation came through I withdrew most of the funds without any consequences.

Exactly how many weeks did you keep your initial deposit (USD 10000 or more) in your account, before you pull it all out ?

thanks!
teammjs
6/12/12 11:34 PM
OK, I think I can report some info...

I logged onto my wife and my accounts. It appears that any previous promo credit on the account type (individual, joint, custodial, etc.) will invalidate this, because when you go to open an account (once already logged in), it won't accept the code.

However, since we had a joint account where I was primary (my SSN), could not add the account that way, BUT would accept under my wife trying to open a joint account with herself as the primary.

So, the bad news is that if you opened an account type in the past and got the bonus, you can't now. The good news is that you can test this out once logged in, and have a pretty good idea you will in fact qualify ahead of time if you try a selection and it allows you to apply the bonus code!
First page
1 of 7
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.